Facebook's Spam Program Catches Innocent Users

HardOCP News

[H] News
Facebook says it didn't intentionally censor posts made by environmental activists lastweek. The company says its automated script normally blocks everyone from doing annoying crap, not just activists. :D

Facebook is not — and has never been — in the business of disabling accounts or removing content simply because people are discussing controversial topics," Facebook spokesman Andrew Noyes said in a statement to The Associated Press. "On the contrary, we want Facebook to be a place where people can openly express their views and opinions, even if others don't agree with them.

Hell, Facebook blocked me last week from "liking" people's birthday well wishes. :eek:

blocked_by_facebook.jpg

He was probably drunk though. Unless you are dancing in an entertaining way, drunk people tend to be annoying. Unless they give out monies.

Well as for the environmental activist post that was censored... I do believe the software is working correctly.

I'm with you Steve, I wanted to post a link that was to a youtube video about using a rotary telephone... SPAM, however I still see many make a pick, tag the world and add a sales description spams.

Back