Nintendo Launches 3DS Ambassador Program

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
The Ambassador Program instituted by Nintendo for the owners of the 3DS is finally getting under way. If you remember, the early buyers of the 3DS were a little miffed when the company cut the price by $80 dollars and now Nintendo is doing some free-game damage control. All you have to do to get into the program is log on and enter your serial number to see if you qualify.

The first 10 games will arrive starting September 1, all of them classic NES games ported to the eShop’s Virtual Console. The other 10 will come before the end of the year.

Nope, keep trying. Make the screen XL sized or atleast the full top half of the clamshell (ie: little to no bezel), drop the 3d gimmick, use the processing power for games that look better than my tegra2 phone (or an iphone)can do.

10 virtual abandonware/everyone has at least 3459244xpi copies nes games. In total thats probably about $5 worth...if that.

Nope, keep trying. Make the screen XL sized or atleast the full top half of the clamshell (ie: little to no bezel), drop the 3d gimmick, use the processing power for games that look better than my tegra2 phone (or an iphone)can do.
I bought one at Walmart after the price drop but before the deadline for the Ambassador program, so I got both :D

The unit itself is actually really nice. It feels better in my hands than the DS my friend had, the games look great, and the 3D affect is actually not a "gimmick" at all. It works quite well, is adjustable to suit your eyes and preferences, and no need for glasses. You can even shut the 3D off completely and just play the games if you prefer, and save battery life too.

I don't understand the complaint about graphics, frankly. Yes, your phone can do better graphics. Your phone is also probably close to $400-500 if purchased new without a subsidized plan, and battery life would be a big concern if you run it full power playing 3D games. It's not really a valid comparison.

If you don't like or enjoy the games they offer, then great, don't buy one. But most of the games they offer for the Ambassador program are pretty good NES and GBA games (Metroid Fusion is one in particular I wanted to play) and the titles on the console are fun, to me. Ocarina of Time is a blast. I have a ridiculous computer to play games on if I want to look at amazing graphics at high resolution, I don't need that from a hand held.

10 virtual abandonware/everyone has at least 3459244xpi copies nes games. In total thats probably about $5 worth...if that.

This is exactly what I thought when I first heard about this program. Well that and the tv show V :)

Back