Pirated Movies Reappear on YouTube

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
YouTube’s efforts to restrict pirated content looks to be failing miserably. Users are easily bypassing security procedures by uploading ‘cammed’ versions of movies which passed security as original content. At last count, there were 25 feature films available for viewing and download.

Unlike previous examples of pirated movies that have appeared on YouTube, the movies aren't named deceptively in an attempt to throw off YouTube.

Yeah, won't be long before YouTube is shut down and deemed illegal like most P2P programs.

Here's a legal question though, if you go to YouTube, are you liable for seeing what you see? Wouldn't surprise me if the MPAA demands the IPs of everyone who looked at a particular movie file, because you know the reality is they don't give two shits about stopping piracy, they won't make any money if they actually succeed!

Here's a legal question though, if you go to YouTube, are you liable for seeing what you see? Wouldn't surprise me if the MPAA demands the IPs of everyone who looked at a particular movie file, because you know the reality is they don't give two shits about stopping piracy, they won't make any money if they actually succeed!

Yes, you are.

Yeah, won't be long before YouTube is shut down and deemed illegal like most P2P programs.

Not as long a Google continues to fight illegal content and remove it as soon as they are made aware its offending DMCA will protect them.

They could save a lot of time by offering a reward system. For example, if a user flags a film as "copyrighted" it gets reviewed, if it is deemed to be copyrighted they get X (.10 cents or whatever).

The one thing that trumps free stuff (piracy) is getting paid to turn it in. People are greedy ;)

I always thought that there could be a program that turns binary into compressed visuals in a video file, and then be downloaded and decoded back to binary. =P

They could save a lot of time by offering a reward system. For example, if a user flags a film as "copyrighted" it gets reviewed, if it is deemed to be copyrighted they get X (.10 cents or whatever).

The one thing that trumps free stuff (piracy) is getting paid to turn it in. People are greedy ;)
Yeeeeahhhhhhhh rewards system won't work. It'll get abused like no tomorrow, both by people and corporations/bots.

We went from being able to put a DVD movie onto the size of a CD in the year 2000, to being able to upload it to YouTube. BTW, you'll find more then full length movies on YouTube. Good amount of TV episodes are littering it. It's not like YouTube is the only service with this issue.

It has gotten to the point where we must understand that it's going to be free. If I can rent movies at my local library for free, then why not online?

Out of those 25 were there any worth veiwing?

Also do they have 2 synced camcorders to capture the 3d?

Out of those 25 were there any worth veiwing?

Also do they have 2 synced camcorders to capture the 3d?

Lol! "Ok, cut these 3d glasses in half and put one eyepiece over each lens!"

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse than a cam; a 3D cam.

youtube security is very easy to by pass it only checks for a very small instance maybe a few frames in a video or few seconds of audio as a que to block it. finding and removing the que is just about trail and error although there are toehr things you can do such as adding inaudible noise to audio or flipping the frame horizontally which also seems to pass it. Although i wonder why it's called "crammed" by him.

t-t my reading is failing me haha i swear it said crammed, wonder how a video camera at 720p is passing it usually it works off a close enough basis to flag a video surly just because the brightness and contrast are a bit different due to it being a camera on a tv yet it would still pass.

Back