Microsoft Also Considered Buying Motorola?

HardOCP News

[H] News
The folks at GigaOm claim that Microsoft was also in talks to buy Motorola before the handset maker was snatched up by Google.

Our sources say that Motorola was in acquisition talks with several parties, including Microsoft for quite some time. Microsoft was interested in acquiring Motorola’s patent portfolio that would have allowed it to torpedo Android even further. The possibility of that deal brought Google to the negotiation table, resulting in the blockbuster sale.

Perhaps Microsoft wanted Google to unload 12.5 billion so they could get the next deal.

Perhaps we should turn this into a MS bashing thread, since that is what all the hip kids do nowadays when Apple or MS is mentioned in a thread...

I love Microsoft, but as an owner of a Droid 2 I'm glad Google bought Motorola instead. Where as the google purchase will probably bring good things for my phone in the end, Microsoft would probably have killed it off in favor of some windows mobile pos =/

I love Microsoft, but as an owner of a Droid 2 I'm glad Google bought Motorola instead. Where as the google purchase will probably bring good things for my phone in the end, Microsoft would probably have killed it off in favor of some windows mobile pos =/

Thankfully, WinMo killed itself :p

WP7 has yet to really be seen, as every price of HW it's launched on has been subpar in some way, so far.

Back