Silverstone Fortress FT03 Case

HardOCP News

[H] News
If you are looking for a unique looking case for your next computer project or HTPC, you ought to check out TechSpot's review of the Silverstone Fortress FT03 case.

Although much of the enthusiast community's attention has been focused on the Raven cases, Silverstone offers a vast array of enclosures that rank favorably among system builders. The company's Fortress series is one such example, comprised of a very diverse range of mid-sized high-end cases that are constructed from a thick aluminum body to create a light yet durable chassis.

Although I typically love Silverstone cases/products, this one just looks like a glorified trashcan to me.

Although I typically love Silverstone cases/products, this one just looks like a glorified trashcan to me.

And Antec P18x looks like a fridge. So what ? Give us another mATX case with such small footprint and then we will forget FT03 :D.

Can't be used for a HTPC if you plan on using blu-ray with it. No external bays except for a slot loading optical drive cut out. I found only 1 slot blu-ray drive and it was going for $499. Yeah, right. That's unfortunate, it's a nice case and I like the simple design because it'd make for a good HTPC case.

BR is so 2006. Optical discs are thing of past, if it would be me this case wouldn't have any hole for optical discs.

same, here.

HOWEVER, for a HTPC, bluray may be considered. Why? No format superior to it, yet. Even netflix doesn't have a lot of HD titles, yet. The only netflix player capable of even having 5.1 HD audio is the PS3 (not even the PC :(), and that already has a bluray player in it.

Overall, IMO, for HTPC, no reason not to have bluray, unless if streaming media ONLY.

Back