The PSU Label Debate Update

HardOCP News

[H] News
Remember that "PSU label debate" story we posted last month (link)? It would seem that Cooler Master issued an apology and pulled the video after our forum members made the company aware of the problems with the video. Unfortunately we didn't know about this at the time because the company posted its apology and explanation here, instead of directly responding to the members of our forums. Had we known, we would have brought this to you sooner.

Our marketing team admittedly made a mistake here. As some Hard Forum members speculated, we did not involve an engineer in formulating that video and ended up with a seemingly disingenuous sounding explanation. We pulled the video once we were made aware of this as we really have no reason to mislead end users. Our presence in this and many other forums should hopefully count for something when I say that we value your input and patronage.

Kind of dumb of them to not drop the [H] an explanation as well as the those other forums. They did at least acknowledge the smart ::shiftyeyes:: forum posters here that pointed out their mistake.

Good for them for making such a public apology, more companies should follow suite.

I do appreciate them being a big enough man to make an apology. However, they seem to ignore the real reason for the fuss, the fact there psus were doing the exact same thing that the video said "cheap power supplies" do. It wasn't just a bad explanation or bad math. It showed that, at least, a small number of their psus do not perform up to there advertised wattage. right?

Yeah I bet some of the people in marketing would never admit that they made a boo boo ;) .

from the quote a few posts down from coolermasters'...
You know how enthusiasts are, they're willing to ignore the oddest things, then be hyper-critical of others for no readily apparent reason. I guess we're a fickle bunch.
yea, who would have guessed that completely fabricating information is one of those things that pushes our buttons...

next time you want to make a video bashing your competitors about a certain unethical marketing practice, make sure that your own company doesnt also employ that exact same practice that you are bashing. all that video accomplished was to make sure that i never buy a coolermaster product again. good job guys!

Back