SLI Enabled = 'Green Screens'

Nizmatik

Weaksauce
Evening all,

I seem to be experiencing a few issues since I installed Windows 7 x64 Professional. It appears when I enabled SLI, 'green textures' appear all over the screen? Turn off SLI and all seems to come right again. I tested both cards individually (without running SLI) just to rule out a possible faulty card - no noticeable issues on either of the cards.

My previous OS was Windows Vista Business x64 and I never experienced any issues. To me this sounded to be a driver issue? I've installed the latest nvidia patch however have a gut feeling the chipset driver I downloaded from the Asus website may have caused this? Unfortunately the driver CD that was included with my motherboard is only for Vista, I tried to install this however installation stopped due to the incompatibility.

Here is the link: http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM2Plus/M3NHT_DeluxeHDMI/#download

Anyone have any ideas? Is there a way to rollback the chipset driver maybe?

My system is:

- AMD Phenom II X4 940 OC 3.6ghz
- Asus M3N-HT Deluxe/HDMI Motherboard
- 2 x GTX275 Videocards

Your help will be appreciated :D

if you think its the chipset driver, grab the drivers from nvidia's site..

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce-vista-win7-64bit-15.56-driver.html

second thing i'd do is uninstall chipset + display drivers.. reboot, reinstall the chipset drivers then the display drivers and reboot again.. then try enabling SLI and see if that works. if all else fails try removing the SLI bridge and turning SLI on that way(yes it will work without the SLI bridge) to see if maybe the bridge is bad.

Thanks for your response :D

I shall give that a go and see how I get on. Cheers!

Removed drivers, re-installed chipset driver from the Nvidia website, installed updated Nvidia driver and seems to have done the trick! Looks like it could've been a bad chipset driver I downloaded from the Asus website.

Cheers for your help :D

Back