Verizon Seeks Injunctions Against Strikers

HardOCP News

[H] News
It would seem that Verizon isn't happy with striking workers blocking access to the company offices and has asked for an injunction. For those of you that missed it, this is a follow up to the story we originally posted over the weekend (here).

Verizon Communications Inc has sought court injunctions to prevent striking workers from blocking access to the company's facilities, a spokesman said on the third day of a strike involving almost half of the company's wireline employees. Verizon has sought injunctions to prevent "illegal" and "reprehensible" strike activities such as keeping managers out of buildings, according to company spokesman Rich Young.

Illegal yeah. Reprehensible.......I'd save that for when they start damaging stuff or dragging people out of their cars and beating them.

They should not be blocking access to the building.....walking around in the front is fine, but actually stopping people from entering is in bad form.

Other unions wont cross that line, but anyone else needs to be able to if they want to

Going on strike during these times, what a bunch of idiots.

They should not be blocking access to the building.....walking around in the front is fine, but actually stopping people from entering is in bad form.

The problem is the act of walking can very often lead to blocking, if it's organized. You get a group of 500 people walking back and forth, and you essentially made a wall.

all they need is one giant pink slip and scrape that union scum, exchange it with the unemployed, and everyone happy... new workers are paid less, offered less and work happy, everyone wins.

Fire them all and hire replacements.
I'm sure they would have people lining up around the block, in spite of union threats.

While I normally have very little good to say about unions of today, in fact I consider them little more than election fund bankers for the democrats, we do need to remember this strike is over Verizon wanting to cut benefits and pay due to lower than expected profits. Less profits, not losses mind you. I can certainly agree with the union that a pay cut when still making a profit, and while the CEO is still banking millions in pay, is unwarranted.

Still, blocking entrances is wrong and should be dealt with swiftly by the court.

union scum...
Oh Brother:rolleyes:

Fire them all and hire replacements.
I'm sure they would have people lining up around the block, in spite of union threats.

This is the point. Whoever voted to strike ARE idiots. The problem is I feel bad for the percentage of members who didn't ask for this, and lost the vote. Now they have to strike getting a crap coverage pay from the union, and hope they still have a job after-wards.

Take that shit back to the Fox "news" forums.

Corporations can and DO use any and all means (including murder) to get their way...BUT GOD HELP US ALL if the workers finally gets fucking tired of these oligarch rich cocksuckers and start using some of the same dirty ass tactics against them, because WE JUST CAN'T have that, because BillO or some other "conservative" piece of worthless vile shit said unions were bad by using heavily edited, cherry picked bullshit stories, and since thinking for ones self is hard, fuck those unions.

I have discovered something...those who would speak ill of workers rights are either:

1. Willfully ignorant, willfully brainwashed by the propaganda machine and since what "they" are saying lines up with my ignorant view of the situation, I'll believe them.

2. You are part of the system that fucks workers in the first place. Either you are one of the top, or one of the multitudes of ball cupping yellow cowards that do their bidding for your crumbs off 'masas table.

I truly, honestly, sincerely hope that you get put on the other side of the fence one of these days and get screwed heavily, and I also hope that I am there to see it so I can laugh in your faces.

Last edited by a moderator:
all they need is one giant pink slip and scrape that union scum, exchange it with the unemployed, and everyone happy... new workers are paid less, offered less and work happy, everyone wins.

<sarcasm> Sounds like a happy ending. </sarcasm>

Corporations can and DO use any and all means (including murder) to get their way...BUT GOD HELP US ALL if the workers finally gets fucking tired of these oligarch rich cocksuckers and start using some of the same dirty ass tactics against them, because WE JUST CAN'T have that, because BillO or some other "conservative" piece of worthless vile shit said unions were bad by using heavily edited, cherry picked bullshit stories, and since thinking for ones self is hard, fuck those unions.

I have discovered something...those who would speak ill of workers rights are either:

1. Willfully ignorant, willfully brainwashed by the propaganda machine and since what "they" are saying lines up with my ignorant view of the situation, I'll believe them.

2. You are part of the system that fucks workers in the first place. Either you are one of the top, or one of the multitudes of ball cupping yellow cowards that do their bidding for your crumbs off 'masas table.

I truly, honestly, sincerely hope that you "fuck union scum" assholes get put on the other side of the fence one of these days and get screwed heavily, and I also hope that I am there to see it so I can laugh in your faces.

Not gonna lie, I also want to be there to see that.

People seem to forget the reason we created unions in the first place, and how awfully easy it is to forget when its convenient to do so.

wow, sounds like a lot of extremists just joined the board.

Sigh... a lot of people are un or under educated about the purpose and the inner workings of a union.
However, like some people said... the union majority voted and so all the members have no choice but to strike, otherwise they are out of the union which makes it very 'uncomfortable' working around those who are unionized.

I do think Verizon should be burnt to the ground for their scandalous billing practices, like others have said, blocking the entrance path will just cause more drama for the union than its worth. Who ever is organizing the strike needs to do better.

I truly, honestly, sincerely hope that you "fuck union scum" assholes get put on the other side of the fence one of these days and get screwed heavily, and I also hope that I am there to see it so I can laugh in your faces.

But.. two wrongs don't make a right! If the union wants to strike, that is their decisiion. I feel bad for those union members that don't want to strike but are now forced to.

This incident just shows one reason I dislike unions. Strike if you want... but don't get in the way of those not in your (cough...cult...cough) union. Those people don't share your views... so don't try to force it down their throats by blocking them from getting to their job!!

Sounds like someone didn't get their way and might need a nap :D

Someone didn't eat their Wheaties today...

Just because a few others make fairly ignorant remarks about unions doesn't mean you get to pull the douche bag card. There are plenty of other ways to make your opposing views known. No need to throw this bile you conjured up on the rest of us because you can't "see eye to eye" with a few select individuals... :rolleyes:

The vast majority of the time i lump unions and HOAs in the same pile of manure... They both serve(d) their purpose but from personal experience have outlived their usefulness to the point of actually hurting the workers/members as well as the communities the unions are based in.

While I normally have very little good to say about unions of today, in fact I consider them little more than election fund bankers for the democrats, we do need to remember this strike is over Verizon wanting to cut benefits and pay due to lower than expected profits. Less profits, not losses mind you. I can certainly agree with the union that a pay cut when still making a profit, and while the CEO is still banking millions in pay, is unwarranted.
+a few million

Too many people think Union = corruption, why? because those are the only unions you really see in the news unless a company is trying to strong arm them.

Well this just reaks of emotion. Obvious +++++++ in the midst that thought they put on their big boy pants today. Brainwashed? Spout out some more leftist rants and throw in some more of those catch phrases from the HuffPo or SEIU quick ref card. Go get a real job. Then see if you can keep it or advance by your own merit without having to whine to your dues collector.

Agreed. Seriously, the majority of Americans are so fucking stupid.

wow, sounds like a lot of extremists just joined the board.

Sigh... a lot of people are un or under educated about the purpose and the inner workings of a union.

As being at a job that has a union I know exactly what the purpose of a union by todays standards means. Todays unions are a bastardization of what unions were once meant for. Todays unions are an embarrasment and nothing but a conglomeration of greedy, unappreciative thugs.

As being at a job that has a union I know exactly what the purpose of a union by todays standards means. Todays unions are a bastardization of what unions were once meant for. Todays unions are an embarrasment and nothing but a conglomeration of greedy, unappreciative thugs.

Include uneducated workers who want continuous meritless raises and benefits.

Here comes the anti-union/worker bullshit from the other Verizon thread. Here I'll do it for them.

How dare these unskilled workers strike while the glorious "job-makers" provide them with their Cadillacs and mansions! Verizon should just fire them all and outsource the entire thing, that'll show that union scum! These unions are so greedy and will do nothing but drive this business under just like what happened to GM and Chrysler! I can't wait to see all these uneducated overpaid low lifes thrown onto the street, then they will know how good they had it. I actually the provide the company I work with a skill and these union workers just want to bleed the company dry, it sickens me.

BTW, the CEO of Verizon makes $17 million and can't take a pay cut.

Here comes the anti-union/worker bullshit from the other Verizon thread. Here I'll do it for them.

How dare these unskilled workers strike while the glorious "job-makers" provide them with their Cadillacs and mansions! Verizon should just fire them all and outsource the entire thing, that'll show that union scum! These unions are so greedy and will do nothing but drive this business under just like what happened to GM and Chrysler! I can't wait to see all these uneducated overpaid low lifes thrown onto the street, then they will know how good they had it. I actually the provide the company I work with a skill and these union workers just want to bleed the company dry, it sickens me.

I'd say $17 million is substantially beyond the necessary income for being *very* comfortable.

We wouldn't need unions if we didn't have CEO's like this one who can't take a pay cut.

I do find it funny how some people think it's okay for companies to charge "as much as the market will bear" but as soon as laborers get together to charge "as much as the market will bear" those same people will come out and blast them for being greedy and lazy.

Nah.. they have the right to strike... just keep out of everyone else's damn way! I don't care if there are 5 or 5000 people striking at the building. If they are in the way of non-union employees getting into the office, then they best not complain if someone plows a Hummer through them to make a path ;)

Seriously, I'm sure there is plenty of space for them to prance around with picket signs and not block entrances. If people can't get through to get into the office, what if there was a fire and people couldn't evacuate properly???

union scum...

YouRebelScum.jpg

Nah.. they have the right to strike... just keep out of everyone else's damn way! I don't care if there are 5 or 5000 people striking at the building. If they are in the way of non-union employees getting into the office, then they best not complain if someone plows a Hummer through them to make a path ;)

Seriously, I'm sure there is plenty of space for them to prance around with picket signs and not block entrances. If people can't get through to get into the office, what if there was a fire and people couldn't evacuate properly???

Don't get me wrong, I fully agree with this, they do need to stay out of people's ways. I also highly doubt they would keep people from evacuating a burning building.

Don't get me wrong, I fully agree with this, they do need to stay out of people's ways. I also highly doubt they would keep people from evacuating a burning building.

I'd lock the door before the corner office assholes can get out.

What's even more humorous is that many of these companies provide less support and service even when they do manage to get their labor costs down. Whether it's because everyone you talk to at these companies is based in overseas, or their US labor force is mostly sales people (people who can easily be tied to profits) versus people who keep things operating seamlessly, or some other factor..... It basically all goes back to the mindset that companies must be highly profitable. Long term growth, stability, consumer loyalty, brand loyalty, excellent goods and services, etc......only matter if it makes them even more highly profitable. It's really a pretty detrimental way to operate.

On a side note, it would be interesting to see if CEOs and the like weren't allowed to make more than 5-10x the average salary of it's workforce including bonuses, gifts, etc.

Include uneducated workers who want continuous meritless raises and benefits.

Guess as you are is said greedy unappreciative thug union, then you want your meritless raise and benefits.

Really? TROLL begone. Come back after you lose the venom and generalizations. Or if your union is so bad, find a job without one - or run for a position and change it.

Also funny how the first thing companies usually cut when trying to save? Workers. Cut positions, cut pay, cut benefits, cut hours....etc. The first cuts should come from things like re-sourcing supplies/materials, lowering stock, streamlining operations, power saving........there's a ton of things that could be done before shafting workers.

I guess it's the instant gratification.

Also funny how the first thing companies usually cut when trying to save? Workers. Cut positions, cut pay, cut benefits, cut hours....etc. The first cuts should come from things like re-sourcing supplies/materials, lowering stock, streamlining operations, power saving........there's a ton of things that could be done before shafting workers.

I guess it's the instant gratification.

No no, they're just tightening their belt. The Gigantic gold and platinum diamond studded one the CEO wears that the rest of the dirty lower class workers have to shield their eyes from or like the ARK it will melt their faces off.

I have neither antipathy nor empathy towards the strikers. I hope the union and the company work out a deal to end the strike. I think this whole thing is overblown.

Unions can and DO use any and all means (including murder) to get their way...BUT GOD HELP US ALL if the corporations finally get tired and start using some of the same dirty tactics against them, because WE JUST CAN'T have that, because Obama or some other "leftist" piece of worthless vile shit said Ceo's were evil by using heavily edited, cherry picked bullshit stories, and since thinking for ones self is hard we should just follow the unions/democrat leaders.

I have discovered something...those who would speak ill of corporations are either:

1. Willfully ignorant, willfully brainwashed by the propaganda Democrat machine and since what "they" are saying lines up with thier ignorant view of the situation, They'll believe them.

2. You are part of the system that fucks the tax payers in the first place. Either you are one of the leftist elites collecting a fat government check, or one of the mindless poor waiting for your next government handout.

Fixed it for you.

Back