Force refresh rates in Catalyst drivers?

Retsam

2[H]4U
Basically for the first time ever(for a gaming anyways), I decided to try an ATI card. I somewhat anticipated this issue, which is one of the reasons I have stayed away from ATI cards. Do amds cat drivers not allow you refresh rate override specific resolutions? After poking around in the control panel, I was fairly amazed to see that ATI drivers, in the 21st century, do not have a feature that nvidia drivers have had for years. Is there really no way to force refresh rate override specific resolutions in the drivers themselves?

I have had many problems in the last 3 hours since buying the card just to change my monitor refresh rate past the "max" it detects it as. I installed 11.7 drivers first for this 4670 and I couldnt even get 100hz out of it even when it was set to 120. I had to uninstall those and had to load up the cards driver disc with 9.4's on it.

I then had to load up ATI Tray Tools which allows overriding specific refresh rates. It seems to be working with ati tray tools but, I still cannot even run the latest drivers with this.

Yeah unfortunately not no, as such AMD cards have no work around for the infamous HDTV 24hz bug for Crysis 1 (and subsequently get locked to 50hz in crysis 2 DX11).

That is absurd....why? I was strongly considering going ATI after looking an the very low power consumption/temps/cheaper prices while having great performance in benchmarks vs some nvidia cards.. However, if I am going to have to deal with serious refresh rate issues, I may need go back to nvidia. In all this time, they havnt figured out how to make drivers? That seems crazy to me.

Basically for the first time ever(for a gaming anyways), I decided to try an ATI card. I somewhat anticipated this issue, which is one of the reasons I have stayed away from ATI cards. Do amds cat drivers not allow you refresh rate override specific resolutions? After poking around in the control panel, I was fairly amazed to see that ATI drivers, in the 21st century, do not have a feature that nvidia drivers have had for years. Is there really no way to force refresh rate override specific resolutions in the drivers themselves?

I have had many problems in the last 3 hours since buying the card just to change my monitor refresh rate past the "max" it detects it as. I installed 11.7 drivers first for this 4670 and I couldnt even get 100hz out of it even when it was set to 120. I had to uninstall those and had to load up the cards driver disc with 9.4's on it.

I then had to load up ATI Tray Tools which allows overriding specific refresh rates. It seems to be working with ati tray tools but, I still cannot even run the latest drivers with this.

Just disable the edid function and set whatever refresh rate you want. At least that's what I do.

Yeah, I think I figured that out late last night. To disable the edid feature you just mean go to monitor properties-> attributes and uncheck the box right? That seems to allow me to do custom stuff. It is possible that is the issue I was having before.

I also found that link helpful. I see there is an ATI app for refresh rates released late last year too.

Yeah, I think I figured that out late last night. To disable the edid feature you just mean go to monitor properties-> attributes and uncheck the box right? That seems to allow me to do custom stuff. It is possible that is the issue I was having before.

I also found that link helpful. I see there is an ATI app for refresh rates released late last year too.

Yeap that's what I mean. Glad you found it, it worked for me for getting 100/120hz in games.

There is program called radeonpro tools, it's a good utility to have anyway, not just for refresh rate.

Back