RIAA Chief Mitch Bainwol Steps Down

HardOCP News

[H] News
Boy, it sure seems like they are having a hard time keeping CEOs at the RIAA. They seem to only last a few years at best before they step down or get stepped on.

Mitch Bainwol is out as chairman and CEO of the Recording Industry Association of America, the trade group representing the four largest record labels. Bainwol is leaving to become CEO of the Alliance of Automobile Manufacturers. The RIAA announced that Bainwol will be replaced by Cary Sherman, who has served as RIAA president since 2001, after joining the organization as general counsel in 1997.

They're probably stepping down all the time because it's so easy to make millions in a couple months as CEO of RIAA. They make millions and step down to give their buddies a chance at their millions.

As much as I detest the RIAA I just might ask for a turn so I can make a few million too.

What? C'mon, don't look at me that way guys. I still love you all.

So how soon do we start seeing shakedown letters to consumers for unlicensed car manufacturer keychains?

"We see you purchased a Ferrari logo keychain from an unauthorized seller on Amazon on 7/11/10. Please submit $5,000 to us othewise we'll see you in court."

I was hoping to see "[...]Bainwol Steps down...a flight of stairs."

I'm surprised they even publish these guys names. Seems they should be in witness protection programs or something for the game they're running.

He's stepping down eh? So when is he going to get hired to some internet piracy taskforce that is charged with suggesting laws for the internet?

after joining the organization as general counsel in 1997.

heh love it there CEO is a lawyer bet the next one will be too

I think the RIAA would simply be like a CV filler... to prove you can be totally ruthless when it comes to the commoners like us..

Bainwol is leaving to become CEO of the Alliance of Automobile Manufacturers.

So now they're going to sue players of racing games, because of all the lost sales of real cares that result from everyone playing those games...

Back