Apple Sued Over Fast Boot in OS X

HardOCP News

[H] News
Someone claiming that Apple is ripping off its tech? Say it isn't so! What makes this case odd is the fact that the patent Apple is accused of infringing on was originally owned by LG.

A Floridian Company by the name Operating Systems Solutions, LCC, has filed a patent infringement lawsuit against Apple for OS X's fast booting operation. The interesting twist to this lawsuit is that the patent was originally owned by LG Electronics.

Blasphemers! The Almighty Jobs is infallible! The Holy Apple are incapable of such acts! Such baseless accusations from heathens does not serve them well, only causing them to solidify the fact that they are infidels! Death to the non-believers! Glory to Apple! Hail Steve Jobs!

Blasphemers! The Almighty Jobs is infallible! The Holy Apple are incapable of such acts! Such baseless accusations from heathens does not serve them well, only causing them to solidify the fact that they are infidels! Death to the non-believers! Glory to Apple! Hail Steve Jobs!

Seriously, I don't know you so I can't tell if you are joking or not.

You mean there should have been a "not typed using a Mac keyboard, Safari and OSX, does not have an iPhone, iPod and iPad" disclaimer at the end? LOL

Will apple sue MS, WHEN they steal the idea from them?

This is all too silly.

For now however, it's in the hands of Operating Systems Solutions LCC, a company that doesn't appear in a simple Google search. These types of cases are usually the specialty practice of Patent Trolls.

The case was filed in Florida Middle District Court. The presiding Judge in this case is noted as being Judge James S. Moody. It should be noted that while this is a patent infringement case, the docket states that it's an Injunctive Relief Request. That seems to be odd considering that the company is seeking damages in this case.

Doesn't every EFI system utilize those same techniques to optimize the booting process?? Every new computer made is infringing, if the patent holds.

Okay, that's it.

I'm filing a patent for "some type of switch that is used to turn on a computer, tablet and/or cellphones" and I'm going to sue everybody!

What a surprise! Could it be? Apple stealing somebody else's technology? :rolleyes:

Okay, that's it.

I'm filing a patent for "some type of switch that is used to turn on a computer, tablet and/or cellphones" and I'm going to sue everybody!

If you had lots of money to pay an army of lawyers you would most likely win a settlement for something so stupid.

It's only fitting for Apple to be on the receiving end of stupid lawsuits.

I already have a "Fast Boot" on my Bio's <.< Not really suprised (I get into windows under 1min and 1/2 without an SSD <3)

Wow, these patent cases are so stupid. Judges should just through out these vague patents.

That is sacrily true. i was watching a documentary the other week on product brands and they did an MRI on an average apple fan in which when they were shown an apple product the same part of the brain lit up as religious believers when talking about God. they've yet to find other products that have the same effect. a little further off track common big brand food items such as coke hijack the part of the brain used to recognise family and close friends. hence why pepsi may actually taste better than coke but in your head your family loyalty tells you coke tastes better.

I like how the patent diagram mentions autoexec.bat and config.sys. I don' think those are present in OS X.

Back