Anonymous and LulzSec Fire Back at Police

HardOCP News

[H] News
Over the weekend, Anonymous and LulzSec said something, something, something...blah, blah, blah...arrest me, arrest me, throw me in jail (translation by me). Apparently these guys will not rest until they are all in jail.

Dubbed "Shooting Sherrifs Saturday," the info-dump reportedly contains "a massive amount of confidential information that is sure to embarass [sic], discredit and incriminate police officers across the US." According to AntiSec, it includes "hundreds of private email spools, password information, address and social security numbers, credit card numbers, snitch information, training files, and more."

...every time I read a statement from Anon/Lulz I see this kids face and laugh:

1312211058M3OO7p6yJg_1_1.jpg

hehe, these kids keep pushin and pushin. Lets see what it accomplishes for them. Im pretty sure its not gonna be "Hack the world" and getting their names in the spotlight and riches and glory. It'll be much weeping, bloodletting, tearing..........and guys named Ben Dover as bestest buddies.

hehe, these kids keep pushin and pushin. Lets see what it accomplishes for them. Im pretty sure its not gonna be "Hack the world" and getting their names in the spotlight and riches and glory. It'll be much weeping, bloodletting, tearing..........and guys named Ben Dover as bestest buddies.

So you wish these kids get jail raped?

I abhor what they are doing. I have a family member that is a sergeant with the local police, and have heard first hand the chaos that this is causing in the ranks. Especially because Arizona was one of the states they were originally targeting. I think these guys should be thrown in jail for releasing personal information about the police when it did not serve their purpose in the least. However there is one good thing about this whole situation; it is opening the eyes to the blatant ignorance and completely inability of government to protect the information of its people. It is also opening the people’s eyes to the incompetence of the corporations that we are paying to protect us. Maybe it’s time, as a people, that we starting taking things into our own hands? And maybe that is the intention of their campaign (Lulzsec,Anon,etc.) to begin with? There is both good and bad sides to this, but I think these kids trying to do it now are way to immature to really understand what is going on in this country. I think when we start seeing some REAL professional and truly anonymous events, people will REALLY start opening their eyes. Nobody claimed responsibility for Stuxnet, but it has changed the landscape of cyber warfare forever.

I abhor what they are doing. I have a family member that is a sergeant with the local police, and have heard first hand the chaos that this is causing in the ranks. Especially because Arizona was one of the states they were originally targeting. I think these guys should be thrown in jail for releasing personal information about the police when it did not serve their purpose in the least. However there is one good thing about this whole situation; it is opening the eyes to the blatant ignorance and completely inability of government to protect the information of its people. It is also opening the people’s eyes to the incompetence of the corporations that we are paying to protect us. Maybe it’s time, as a people, that we starting taking things into our own hands? And maybe that is the intention of their campaign (Lulzsec,Anon,etc.) to begin with? There is both good and bad sides to this, but I think these kids trying to do it now are way to immature to really understand what is going on in this country. I think when we start seeing some REAL professional and truly anonymous events, people will REALLY start opening their eyes. Nobody claimed responsibility for Stuxnet, but it has changed the landscape of cyber warfare forever.

The sad thing is a lot of this stuff wouldn't have been as much of a problem if people had actually listened well over a decade ago when network security was first being pushed in the 90s. Instead the government, companies, most people stuck their fingers in their ears and buried their heads in the sand pretending it wasn't a problem and it would go away if it was ignored.

However there is one good thing about this whole situation; it is opening the eyes to the blatant ignorance and completely inability of government to protect the information of its people. It is also opening the people’s eyes to the incompetence of the corporations that we are paying to protect us.

The only thing I see it changing is tighter government regulations that end up intruding on (what's left) of our personal freedoms...

The tinfoil hat crusader in me wants to believe that they (lulzsec) was sponsored by the powers that be so they could use them as an excuse for what is to come. It'll be like getting molested at the airport every time we log online...

Sure security at many companies and within the government could and should be better. But no matter how good your security is, it can't be perfect. Someone with enough time, money, and tenacity can breach it. Anybody that expects our public institutions to have perfect data security is delusional. So what can we do? The police need to get much more serious about tracking down these hackers and putting them away. I know this is still not a perfect solution, but hey, it's a not a perfect world.

Sure security at many companies and within the government could and should be better. But no matter how good your security is, it can't be perfect. Someone with enough time, money, and tenacity can breach it. Anybody that expects our public institutions to have perfect data security is delusional. So what can we do? The police need to get much more serious about tracking down these hackers and putting them away. I know this is still not a perfect solution, but hey, it's a not a perfect world.

Of course no security is perfect, but no one with any real sense is asking for perfect security. What people are asking for is for people to take this stuff seriously and to realize that this was caused by companies and the government being lazy about network security. It's really only been the last few years that much stock has been put into beefing up network security.

lol these guys, makes me wonder what kind of attention deficit disorder they have to really still push their so called savior of humanity syndrome. hey anon/lulzsec/ or whatever, can't you take a hint "WE DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU ANYMORE" :eek:

...every time I read a statement from Anon/Lulz I see this kids face and laugh:

1312211058M3OO7p6yJg_1_1.jpg

I still think that right after that shot was taken, his dad smacked those glasses clean off his face, because of the bail he had to pay, and picking his kid up.

So this kids idea of learning a lesson, is to do the same shit again?

People will lose their lives because of this idiotic crap, and how the hell is this information so damn accessible, informant information should be on an isolated system, not stuck on the network and open to exploitation like this.

There are two people at fault for this, well actually one group...the guys that set up the network infrastructure, and made it so bloody accessible to a bunch of script kiddies, their arses should be fired for having the network set in a way that wasn't secure from the outside world.

I still think that right after that shot was taken, his dad smacked those glasses clean off his face, because of the bail he had to pay, and picking his kid up.

So this kids idea of learning a lesson, is to do the same shit again?

I think, perhaps, you should stick to commenting on subjects you actually know something about, it'll tend to make you sound smarter. Do you, seriously, think this kid was involved in what just happened? Do you really think that, assuming he really is a part of lulsec (there have been rumors that he just happened to be using the same user-name and that the real spokesperson is somewhere in Austria) that he's the ONLY person in the group? The kid is probably under so much surveillance that he couldn't take part in something like this even if the other members of lulsec were stupid enough to involve themselves with him (which they probably aren't).

Every time I watch what our proud men in blue do to people when they don't think their on camera, plenty on YouTube, I go ya right on Anonymous and LulzSec. Some one has the balls to at least try. Every where you go it seems that the proud men in blue have a system in place whereby they police themselves when anyone brings up charges of brutality or other serious problems. Right, five proud men in blue beating the shit out of someone on the ground, ya lets give em all a high five because their all stressed out at the same time. All plead innocent until the footage is shown.Ya some innocent will get hurt, read it daily by our proud men in blue when they raid the wrong house shoot kids in the back etc etc and they throw their arms up and say" Well we made a mistake" ......again. Favorite line from our proud men in blue. So if Anonymous and LulzSec make a mistake, well they learned it from the best professionally well trained mistake makers. If the best professionally trained police make mistakes, don't be so hard on some amateurs like Anonymous and LulzSec. I guess you might call this a form of vigilantism. And Hey, mistakes happen

1st How many hackers are their.
2nd Whos going to stop others from taking their place when and if they go to jail.
3rd Their are some serious penlites all ready in place to deter this kind of behavior and it isn't working, what do you suggest, the noose or lethal injection?

Of course no security is perfect, but no one with any real sense is asking for perfect security. What people are asking for is for people to take this stuff seriously and to realize that this was caused by companies and the government being lazy about network security. It's really only been the last few years that much stock has been put into beefing up network security.

That part of your comment is correct, I don't know about the rest.

I think, perhaps, you should stick to commenting on subjects you actually know something about, it'll tend to make you sound smarter. Do you, seriously, think this kid was involved in what just happened? Do you really think that, assuming he really is a part of lulsec (there have been rumors that he just happened to be using the same user-name and that the real spokesperson is somewhere in Austria) that he's the ONLY person in the group? The kid is probably under so much surveillance that he couldn't take part in something like this even if the other members of lulsec were stupid enough to involve themselves with him (which they probably aren't).

Let's say he was the person the police were after, do you think he wouldn't bare a hateful grudge against the police, and wouldn't find a way of getting retribution through other people or other means, that the police aren't monitoring?

You found no problems with the rest of my comments about the security issues of the police force, I'm glad you approved, I must know something about network security, and sensitive documentation.

I couldn't care less about the comments of these pussies and cattle who want to paint lulsec and anonymous as the "bad guys". I f@#$%ing hate the cops and abusive government agents. Sure, there are honest and responsible pigs out there, but their behavior as a collective leaves much to be desired. You can take a pig out of the gutter but you will still have the gutter in him. As to zendragon, as much as I hate to say it, tough shit...no one forced a gun on your family member into becoming a pig...he knew the kind of cesspool profession he was joining. And to the rest of the naysayers, how many of you have the nerves/balls to tackle law enforcement instead of just flapping your gums on a forum. The pig collective vs the hacker collective...lets see who shall win. FYI i couldn't care less about who dies or not...the pigs had it coming. And for those who claim it gives hackers a bad name...bullshit, most of you complaining are not elite hackers...you are just pretending to be important instead of actually being important...

Wow, someone didn't get out of that speeding ticket.

Every time I watch what our proud men in blue do to people when they don't think their on camera, plenty on YouTube, I go ya right on Anonymous and LulzSec. Some one has the balls to at least try. Every where you go it seems that the proud men in blue have a system in place whereby they police themselves when anyone brings up charges of brutality or other serious problems. Right, five proud men in blue beating the shit out of someone on the ground, ya lets give em all a high five because their all stressed out at the same time. All plead innocent until the footage is shown.Ya some innocent will get hurt, read it daily by our proud men in blue when they raid the wrong house shoot kids in the back etc etc and they throw their arms up and say" Well we made a mistake" ......again. Favorite line from our proud men in blue. So if Anonymous and LulzSec make a mistake, well they learned it from the best professionally well trained mistake makers. If the best professionally trained police make mistakes, don't be so hard on some amateurs like Anonymous and LulzSec. I guess you might call this a form of vigilantism. And Hey, mistakes happen

The distinction here is that they can accomplish their goal of exposing the corruption in the system without releaseing personal information of the offiers and their familes. Sure get the guy fired, the department sued, etc. But releasing personal information to the masses exposes them to something far worse than the legal system. Do you believe that a guy and/or his family members deserve to die at the hands of of some criminal organization that found this database on some P2P network? N

Not all officers are corrupt. The situations of which you speak are a vast minority of officers in the force. But these arrogant, immature little f**ktards really dont care about that, they release everything they find indiscrimanately because they really have no idea what they hell they are doing. Im all for exposing corruption, but these morons are going to get good, innocent, and honest people in a lot of trouble or even killed.

I couldn't care less about the comments of these pussies and cattle who want to paint lulsec and anonymous as the "bad guys". I f@#$%ing hate the cops and abusive government agents. Sure, there are honest and responsible pigs out there, but their behavior as a collective leaves much to be desired. You can take a pig out of the gutter but you will still have the gutter in him. As to zendragon, as much as I hate to say it, tough shit...no one forced a gun on your family member into becoming a pig...he knew the kind of cesspool profession he was joining. And to the rest of the naysayers, how many of you have the nerves/balls to tackle law enforcement instead of just flapping your gums on a forum. The pig collective vs the hacker collective...lets see who shall win. FYI i couldn't care less about who dies or not...the pigs had it coming. And for those who claim it gives hackers a bad name...bullshit, most of you complaining are not elite hackers...you are just pretending to be important instead of actually being important...

Please kill yourself.

Grow up man, seriously. Your blatant stupidity inherently excludes your moronic opinion from having any merit in this conversation.

And if you'll reference the above quote, students, you'll see a perfect example of a "loser" mentality.

Grow up man, seriously. Your blatant stupidity inherently excludes your moronic opinion from having any merit in this conversation.

Zendragon I think i will enjoy toying with you. As per your eloquent quote It goes far enough to elucidate the fact that the truth hurts. Also, just because of your pussy reply I am going to have great fun bullying you...maybe you can send that prick of a sargeant my way to correct and humiliate me.

Wow, someone didn't get out of that speeding ticket.

Perhaps my friend, but a ticket not. I have never been in trouble with the law...My interest is doing rigorous research on government operations and function. I have been researching these issues for the past 25 years and lets just say that what you are told and what is actually occurring is not in agreement. BTW enjoyed the laugh...

Best regards.

As long as they've got nothing to hide and did nothing illegal, the cops have nothing to worry about.

As long as they've got nothing to hide and did nothing illegal, the cops have nothing to worry about.

Agreed 100%. However, the fly in the ointment is that there are numerous occasions (sp?) where police departments have perjured themselves in order to collectively insulate themselves from public reprisals. Lets start street talking - when the pigs realize that a public backlash may be/is imminent, there are certain procedures and protocols implemented that results in information segregation that blacks out any form of evidence available to the public...they stick a talking head dressed in a fancy suit armed with a pretty speech in front of the camera and lo and behold the idolizing public is magically satiated, oh my...the police can do no wrong.

Nice talkin' to ya.

Zendragon I think i will enjoy toying with you. As per your eloquent quote It goes far enough to elucidate the fact that the truth hurts. Also, just because of your pussy reply I am going to have great fun bullying you...maybe you can send that prick of a sargeant my way to correct and humiliate me.

When stupidity is a sufficient explanation, there is no need to have recourse to any other.

If they are plainly corrupt, I don't mind that coming to light.

But I doubt it'll stop there.

Gotfel is a walking contradiction. Glad he was banned.

People like him will complain about us when they don't need us and will still complain when we're not there in 30 seconds to cater to his every need. They've never spent a day in the shoes of LE, and thus do nothing more than Monday morning quarterbacking.

Generally I agree with you, but that will not likely be the case when something inevitably does happen. For example; why would a drug cartel not move to protect their operations against the officers investigating them? Regardless of whether those officers have ever done anything that would be considered corrupt or illegal.

Apply that logic to your ISPs logging of all your internet traffic. Would you still adhere to that line of thinking?

Wow, little late with the news eh?

I have to be perfectly honest though. Any organization that, even if misguided at times, is into things that will undermine the government, leading to a smaller stranglehold on our lives, is not completely out of line. I really hate the large government we have now. Its too large to be sustainable. We can see that clearly today. So do I support these guys in the method, not really, but in a way I can empathize with the end result if they pull it off.

Some rational people here? I figured this would just devolve into another anon/lulz hate thread.

I disagree with most of their methods, but the reality is they are attempting to do something in a system that desperately needs change. Are innocents going to get caught in the crossfire? sure, doesn't mean anyone wants it. Frankly I don't care how much I dislike them, at least they are attempting to do something, which is a far cry more then what most around here can claim.

Some rational people here? I figured this would just devolve into another anon/lulz hate thread.

I disagree with most of their methods, but the reality is they are attempting to do something in a system that desperately needs change. Are innocents going to get caught in the crossfire? sure, doesn't mean anyone wants it. Frankly I don't care how much I dislike them, at least they are attempting to do something, which is a far cry more then what most around here can claim.

+1 nicely said

Are innocents going to get caught in the crossfire? sure, doesn't mean anyone wants it. Frankly I don't care how much I dislike them, at least they are attempting to do something, which is a far cry more then what most around here can claim.

Easy for you to say when neither you, your family, or your friends are likely to get caught up in that crossfire. What you're essentially saying is "Ho hum, I wouldn't prefer if FaRKle's friends/family/ect get killed/maimed even though they didn't do anything, but if it has to be done for the 'greater good' then so be it."

Back