Facebook Use May Lead to Psychological Disorders

HardOCP News

[H] News
According to a new study, Facebook may lead to the development of psychological disorders in teens. The evidence? Just look at all the adults using Facebook. ;)

While social networking site Facebook was created to help people connect with their friends, increasing research in the effect of social media on human interaction is painting a different picture -- one that features the development of antisocial behavior, narcissism and a slew of other character flaws and negative by-products.

I hate facebook, and usually jump on a chance to slam it.

That said, I will defend it here in the same way I defend video games. Facebook, like any form of media does not "Cause" any issue. It merely serves as the outlet for mental issues that already existed before.

That's not facebook that's just a socially awkward Teenager.

Jesus christ does no one remember high school?

Anything used excessively will cause problems. Moderation is key, especially for Facebook

You missed the point. Adults are still acting like high school students.

Where I work, I cannot stress enough how correct you are, though I'm not sure how much of it is due to FB.

I'm not sure what my parents did differently than those who raised some of these brats. Sometimes I cannot believe what I hears about some of our employees from our business partners.

Can you Imagine how embarrassing it is to apologize to the hotel manager because one of your employees took a shit in potted plant in the hotel lobby?

I think that study is flawed because the ppl that spend 24/7 on facebook are more than likely already anxiety and narcissistic.

Back