It Lives! The Return of the $35 Laptop

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Last year, Indian officials announced the project to put a computer into the hands of students across India at a cost of $35 per unit. The first of a million laptops will start to arrive within the next few weeks. The manufacturer(s) of the laptop have not yet been announced. The only drawback to the deal is having to call the United States to get technical assistance. :D

"We have to think of the children." How else are we going to train them at an early age,through advertising, how to be well educated,spending consumers, otherwise it will be a total waste of time moving our factories from China to India. We could by pass India and go straight to Africa, but Africa isn't quite stable yet for factories and harness all those uneducated Africans to work in them.

At least I feel better when these India-tech stories are posted on blogs like Engadget and lots of people come out to make fun of India, we Indians, etc. They also slag on countries like China as well.

I like how in two posts this became some retarded political rant. GG guys. :rolleyes:

I like how in two posts this became some retarded political rant. GG guys. :rolleyes:

Which two posts, mine wasn't political, but if you want a reason to complain I can oblige.Please explain how you see politics in my statement if I'm one of the two.

Which two posts, mine wasn't political, but if you want a reason to complain I can oblige.Please explain how you see politics in my statement if I'm one of the two.

Have you been smoking crack again/

Maybe we'd have a better opinion if your PR guy wasn't so freaking scary looking.

The dude in that picture looks like the scientist from The Drunk and On Drugs Happy Funtime Hour.

It is nice actually seeing a place that is putting their efforts towards innovation as well as education.

(as opposed to these forums which seem to be going to the trolls)

It is nice actually seeing a place that is putting their efforts towards innovation as well as education.

(as opposed to these forums which seem to be going to the trolls)

trollorbbynntond3r6nq6.jpg

I think piscian's post was supposed to be a joke, and I'm pretty sure Uncle's is some serious flamebait.

But $35laptop, that's pretty awesome.

I think piscian's post was supposed to be a joke, and I'm pretty sure Uncle's is some serious flamebait.

But $35laptop, that's pretty awesome.

Didn't mean to troll. I'm still a little bent out of shape the education cuts they passed this last week. I'll mosey on out of here. Good for India. It's important to progress.

a $35 laptop is a nice achievement ( i know it will probably lack alot of stuff but heck as long as it displays something to teach the younglings, why not ), good for them, I hope the students make good use of it :)

Will the laptops function as flotation devices for all the flood-displaced children?

"The only drawback to the deal is having to call the United States to get technical assistance."

LMAO:D

The only drawback to the deal is having to call the United States to get technical assistance. :D

O.M.F.G.!!! *facepalm*

DoubleFacePalm_1563.jpg

This proves that God exists and loves ironic humor...

But on a more positive note, I'm impressed they managed to put together a useable laptop for that cost! Kudos to them!

having to call the United States to get technical assistance

hehe.

a $35 laptop is a nice achievement ( i know it will probably lack alot of stuff but heck as long as it displays something to teach the younglings, why not ), good for them, I hope the students make good use of it :)

Exactly. Might also help bring about a new generation of very IT savvy Indian kids.

American trying to speaking in Indian dialect,"Welcome to Technical support, my name Asim, how can I be of assistance?"

American trying to speaking in Indian dialect,"Welcome to Technical support, my name Asim, how can I be of assistance?"

more like "American speaking with a southern accent "This is Bobbie Jo, how may I help y'all"

turn about is fair play....:D

I remember when I was very young, I used to have a "Speak & Spell". It was a red tablet sort of device with a keyboard, a small text-only LCD screen, and text to speech capability. I played with it a ton when I was little and I'm sure it had a positive impact on my spelling.

No BIG deal, we all know a tablet isnt a real computer anyways.

All children can have a laptop for $35.

But they have to come get them in person.

Out of the back of his van.

One at a time.

If you don't want a laptop there's also candy.

more like "American speaking with a southern accent "This is Bobbie Jo, how may I help y'all"
turn about is fair play....:D

THIS! Use the two most annoying accents the US has created, deep-south (Pref Texas), and Jersey!

I remember when I was very young, I used to have a "Speak & Spell". It was a red tablet sort of device with a keyboard, a small text-only LCD screen, and text to speech capability. I played with it a ton when I was little and I'm sure it had a positive impact on my spelling.

I had one of those type troys for math, and it made a major impact on my Multiplication skills.

Off Topic:

Doesnt that guy look like Danny De Vito in batman 2 that doesnt have his full make up on? LOL!:D

Back