Google Dictionary Closes Its Doors

I always thought of it as a useless service. Dictionary.com anyone?

I never knew Google had it's own dictionary page. I always just used define: X in search.

i use it's calculator all the time, didn't know it did defintions like that, I ussually do "hello definition" and it brings me to crappy sites with ads... ahhh, "define hello" is MUCH better, thanks!!!

I wasn't aware that google had it's own dedicated page for the dictionary.

Probably reason why they stopped doing it. Most people do their search in their search. Haha. :p

search bar is a dictionary anyway, you can really phone it in with spelling and it just knows what your trying to write

I miss this, the browser extension was nice, highlight any word on any page for instant definition.

yup using the browser extension right now with no errors

Um, if you google define:(word) you aren't using the Google dictionary, you are using dictionary.com and Wikipedia. (Look at the blue words under the definition.)

tried to type :.( turned out to be a frown face :D

If you are in the full reply mode, under the submit reply button there are additional options. In the Miscellaneous Options section you can disable smilies.

define:(word)

Goggle (skynet) will return with something bigger, better, and more badass.....

I miss this, the browser extension was nice, highlight any word on any page for instant definition.

Well mine mostly gives def from wikipedia and dictionary.com now. I don't remember dictionary.com showing up before, but I never paid enough attention to say for sure. I swear it used to give a google def the majority of the time though.

Back