Apple Charged Up To $4,000 for OS X Lion Downloads

HardOCP News

[H] News
I don't care how good you think your OS is, it isn't worth $4,000 or billing someone 122 times! Apple's billing systems must run on Macs. :D

Since Apple started selling OS X Lion via its Mac App Store (which is currently the only way to get it; well, at least legally) we’ve received various reports from customers that were charged more than once for their Lion purchase. But the one that takes the cake is from a guy that paid almost $4,000 for Lion after he was charged 122 times by Apple for his OS X 10.7 copy.

Sad thing is, the guy was probably more than happy to pay $4k, he just wanted to know why Apple hit 122 times for it.

I'm going to hazard a guess here and say that the majority of these people attempted to install the update and something went wrong. Than to start over they had to go back and "purchase" again, thereby charging them more than once. Of course this doesn't take into account the nut job that got charged 122 times...Unless he was trying to download Lion using a dial up connection. I would think he would have to be quite the fanatic to try that much.

It's all about bragging rights with them.
Makes Microsoft users feel inadequate for only paying $119.00 for their upgrade.
And don't even bring up the free upgrades Linux gets... Poor fools...
:)

Hey guess what guys, I paid $4k for an OS that is just decent!

Dude I payed $100 for mine and it works just as well if not better than yours.

But I payed $4k and its Apple, its way better ITS MAGICAL!

:)

Reading this article, I pictured a frustrated doofus sitting at his computer clicking Buy over and over and over while thinking, "Why won't it go through?"

I'm going to hazard a guess here and say that the majority of these people attempted to install the update and something went wrong. Than to start over they had to go back and "purchase" again, thereby charging them more than once. Of course this doesn't take into account the nut job that got charged 122 times...Unless he was trying to download Lion using a dial up connection. I would think he would have to be quite the fanatic to try that much.

Actually, no. It seems like Apple store charged Paypal like credit cards, and their system failed a lot durring the high load of first day purchases.

What i mean with "like credit card" means asking for authorization, locking the amount on the card, requesting the sum,...

I wonder if you get a gold chain with that purchase.. maybe a horn of a unicorn or some pixie dust.. you gotta get something magical for that price.

Wow, to convince people that the more they spend, the happier they'll be.

Maybe humans are really simple creatures.

I wonder if you get a gold chain with that purchase.. maybe a horn of a unicorn or some pixie dust.. you gotta get something magical for that price.

Don't be ridiculous, it's not a gold chain, it's a Lion delivered to your house. No cage though, that's extra.

Don't be ridiculous, it's not a gold chain, it's a Lion delivered to your house. No cage though, that's extra.

I heard it was a rare breed of iLion .. they're friendlier, but have the tendancy to sit around and tell you how great they are.

Back