Computer Served as Minister at Wedding

HardOCP News

[H] News
We have heard of people referring to computers as "friends" and we have even heard of a computer being the "best man" at a wedding. That said, this is the first time we've seen a computer serve as the minister of a wedding.

The computer will greet the couple's 30 or so guests in a mechanical, robotic voice, give a little history about how they met and then go through the ceremony. The virtual minister, nicknamed "Rev. Bit," also will crack a joke or two. "If anyone here has anything to say that might change their minds or has any objections, they do not want to hear it and I will not recognize your objections since Miguel has programmed me to only recognize his commands," said the program during a preview that Hanson played on his home computer.

It sounds like they both are enthusiastic about it, and it isn't like one wants it and the other is just 'supporting' the decision. With both of their desires in mind - sure, why not do it the way the bride and groom want it done?

Cute but not legal. As a marriage certificate is a primary identification document with identity verification requirements, it probably never will be, either.

Wonder how long till a computer can serve as the bride. :p

Cute but not legal. As a marriage certificate is a primary identification document with identity verification requirements, it probably never will be, either.

For a marriage license/certificate, absolutely right. But, for a ceremony, I can't see this being an issue.

Back