Twitter Begins Filtering NSFW Tweets

HardOCP News

[H] News
Twitter is now filtering NSFW tweets? What the f***? This is some bulls***! What a bunch of pu**ies. :D

“Beginning today you may notice a new boolean field in API responses & streams containing tweets: ‘possibly_sensitive,’” writes the company on its developers blog. “This new field will only surface when a tweet contains a link. The meaning of the field doesn’t pertain to the tweet content itself, but instead it is an indicator that the URL contained in the tweet may contain content or media identified as sensitive content.”

Twitter is now filtering NSFW tweets? What the f***? This is some bulls***! What a bunch of pu**ies.

Haha That was the most refreshing thing I read all morning Steve!:D
Thx for the laugh! You took the boring out of my morning.

ARGH.

I get so pissed off when companies do this!

They poster it as being "sensitive" but it's actually always only a way to make more money by appealing to the kind of people who'd put bleach in the water supply because they believe it will make everyone act like frightened Christians boys.

First the word Shit was said on TV, now they NEED TO STOP CENSORING IT!

By the way, that is why I love [H]..

You should see how things are an OCN. If you say shit, it will show up as s**t.. AND they will give you an infraction FOR THAT!

This country is so retarded in some ways..

Wow, nerdraging for your right to curse in public. Some people don't want to see it.

Wow, nerdraging for your right to curse in public. Some people don't want to see it.

If people don't want to see "things" on the Internet, they need to stop using the Internet. Censorship is a bad thing... a very bad thing in ways that most folks just cannot comprehend.

If people don't want to see "things" on the Internet, they need to stop using the Internet. Censorship is a bad thing... a very bad thing in ways that most folks just cannot comprehend.

The thing is, these message boards are privately owned, so they do have the rights to apply their own rules as they see fit.

Its just the same as how forums do not allow its user to post mindless rant and if someone do, the post is deleted. Some may say its against their freedom of speech, but its necessary for the forum to maintain its purpose as a place for mature discussion only.

So if a message board wishes to maintain a certain standard and they do not wish to see the place filled with profanities, then they do need to disallow it by either filtering them or removing the post.

sooo like I said Steves comment was the best part of the whole thing.

What the f***? This is some bulls***! What a bunch of pu**ies.

Sorry guys dont know why that makes me happy today:p

Back