AMD Bulldozer Coming September 19th?

HardOCP News

[H] News
According to a news post on the Chinese language tech site HKEPC, AMD will launch Bulldozer CPUs on September 19th of this year. The site is in Chinese so you'll need a translator for everything except this chart.

I am hearing the 6th is the launch date for Zambezi, but that is rumor only, nothing official from AMD.

Just curious, does anyone know if AMD's new cores show up as 2 per core. Meaning, we will see 16 threads in the OS? Or just 8 cores.

I can't wait to see the benchmarks and see if they actually have a good improvement. Hoping they can start to compete with Intel again.....

I think a lot of people are hoping for a vast improvement.

I had a 1090t for a short while and the performance on it was ...... not so good.

Moving to a 2600k at 4.8Ghz I saw my frame rates double in World of Warcraft.

Kyle and them did a few motherboard reviews and if I remember correctly, they were not at all too pleased. One board from about a month ago just couldn't be recommended at all.

But, it's more firmware / software than the hardware side of things, again, if I remember correctly.

I think for AMD to really have a shot at this, we need very good cheap boards along with fantastic pricing again. Performance has to at least come up to near SB performance.

Theirs another chart at techpowerup showing 4 and 6 core if any one is interested in lower end price.

I wish AMD would really push the limits and stop just pushing cores. I hope these new chips are ATLEAST SandyBridge worthy performance. I guess i will have to wait and see what Kyle and the guys here have to say about it in their review.

8 cores @ that speed in a 125w tdp....what more were you thinking we would see?

Nothing. Haven't been very engaged in the whole bulldozer back and forth, could care what less the restrictions it is under. Does it compare with SB is all I care about. Doesn't look like it will be close.

I just hope the clock for clock performance of Bulldozer matches, or at least comes close to, Sandy Bridge. With standard turbo locks up to 4.2GHz, I bet it would overclock close to SB levels. I guess we'll find out in 7 weeks.

Damn, they aren't going to be cheap huh?

FX-8100 will be $290 and FX-8150 will be $320 if you purchase 1000 units.

I hope all the chips get released.
Not like Llano, which had low supply, and hardly any A4 and A6 for a while until now.

118b.jpg

When the hell are we going to see the real benchmark? Don't give a shit when it's coming out. Just give us the results so we can all move on. I'm pretty sure the benchmark must be very disappointing for them to be holding back.

Well now that I bought a 2600k I hope it doesn't do as good as I wanted before so I don't have buyers remorse :p

Nothing. Haven't been very engaged in the whole bulldozer back and forth, could care what less the restrictions it is under. Does it compare with SB is all I care about. Doesn't look like it will be close.

I'll go you one further. Its cpu's. Who cares...

Just curious, does anyone know if AMD's new cores show up as 2 per core. Meaning, we will see 16 threads in the OS? Or just 8 cores.

Thats called Hyperthreading and is Intel's and only Intel's. What it does is take spare CPU cycles and makes a 2nd CPU out of them. The problem with that is its not really a full 2nd CPU. Its almost obliterated once the 1st CPU is fully taxed by an optimized program. AMD does not use Hyperthreading. As someone that does a LOT of 3D rendering, those extra hyperthreading CPU's are SLOW as hell!

Jeez, the “Primadonna’s” already talking smack………….
Good for AMD, hope they do well.

Over the last few years I've actually been making a good living building cad machines. In fact a few of my boxes have ended up as top in the world as far as the Solidworks 2011 in-app benchmarks go.

On the intels, those threads do make a major performance difference. Talking 20 - 30 seconds per render sometimes.

But I do think that AMD has said / explained how their new core is a true double tread core.

Would love to see AMD provide a cpu driver that allows you to see all the threads in the OS for now other reason than cool factor.

Not sure if I believe the 125w at 3.9ghz.

These can't come out fast enough!

When the hell are we going to see the real benchmark? Don't give a shit when it's coming out. Just give us the results so we can all move on. I'm pretty sure the benchmark must be very disappointing for them to be holding back.

+1 They would have "leaked" benchmarks if performance was something extraordinary.

You'll never need to worry about the core layout from a user or program perspective. They'll be marketed on a per core basis, not by mcm "blocks" or whatever they're being called, so an 8 core bulldozer is going to have 8 threads in task manager.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRYvfhk7xcs&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube video[/ame]Thought this video from AMD gave a clue on when Bulldozer was coming out as around the 15-second mark "ember 19th" is seen on the computer tower sitting in the bottom left corner, followed by what appears to be the frequency (3600MHz). Hopefully this doesn't mean November or December cuz if so then AMD is in really bad shape, more than it already is. AMD did announced at the Computex fair earlier this year that the first Bulldozer desktop parts would be out in August or September.

One day bulldozer will actually be released and we can see some benchmarks. Until then it's all speculation.

Why? WHYYYYYYYYYY?!?!?!?!?

YouTube videoThought this video from AMD gave a clue on when Bulldozer was coming out as around the 15-second mark "ember 19th" is seen on the computer tower sitting in the bottom left corner, followed by what appears to be the frequency (3600MHz). Hopefully this doesn't mean November or December cuz if so then AMD is in really bad shape, more than it already is. AMD did announced at the Computex fair earlier this year that the first Bulldozer desktop parts would be out in August or September.

Will be maybe a little better than a Core 2 Quad.

Damn I need to update my system hope the above is not true.....I'm alpha trialing a certain game and while its nice to see games utilizing all the cores my Q6600 at 3.5Ghz is almost maxed out.....and when you consider the game atm is only using one of my two gpu's I guess the cpu load will further increase when the game/drivers allow for multi gpu and the cpu is required to feed both of them.

Just don't know which way to go......Info that is coming out about Zambezi is a little disappointing and wouldn't go AM3+ anyway as it will be dead early next year with FMx socket.

LGA 2011 will probably be beyond my budget....might wait for Ivybridge or next gen BD Komodo.

Well now that I bought a 2600k I hope it doesn't do as good as I wanted before so I don't have buyers remorse :p

You should really hope it does well, then you will see better chips from Intel sooner(and cheaper).

Back