Lion Downloads Top 1Million

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Apple reported that the first day release of the long awaited OSX Lion went well…..very well indeed, with over one million downloads from the Apple Store. This is the first release of an Apple operating system that is exclusively a digital download available only through the Apple Store. Apple plans to release the OS on thumb drive next month.

"Lion is a huge step forward; it's not only packed with innovative features but it's incredibly easy for users to update their Macs to the best OS we've ever made."

I'm hoping that iOS 5 will also be a hugh success
for my new iPad2.

Exciting stuff it socming1

"Lion is a huge step forward, for us; You'll have to rebuy new versions of your software, suckers!"

Still pity the people that can't use bootcamp if they must have one of those things...

My dad got lion, and now the mac can't see any files on our network. It can connect to the computers and be present on the network, but it cannot see, copy, save or modify the files.

Furthermore, the recovery USB key that apple gives you wont read either, so we can't rollback. =/

Snow Leopard is faster, new features are underwhelming. I have an MBP and I won't be upgrading any time soon.

Snow Leopard is faster, new features are underwhelming. I have an MBP and I won't be upgrading any time soon.

My inlaws love mac's and while I figured they would have a heart attack if they didn't upgrade to Lion, they actually decided it wasn't worth the hassle right as it came out. My mind blew up that a bunch of mac fan's actually decided it wasn't worth it to get the latest and greatest from the fruit vendor.

my new conclusion is there are some mac fans who can decide for themselves.

And as Engadget, posts at the Apple support forums, and some other sites are reporting, there's a ton of issues cropping up with Lion already. Smacks of Snow Leopard's release a few years ago:

http://www.engadget.com/2011/07/23/mac-os-x-lion-whats-broken-or-working-for-you/

Haven't had any clients of mine call up with complaints yet but, that doesn't mean it's not going to happen any minute now.
Sorry for the duplicate link, there was only one comment on this tread when I posted. Weird.

Apple doesn't care about Mac's anyway - they want to nickel and dime you with their app stores so the locked in format of iOS is better.

What's with the pussy naming convention? I'm holding out for OSX Grizzly Bear.

What's with the pussy naming convention? I'm holding out for OSX Grizzly Bear.

Cats. It has to be a cat. So think Sabertooth Tiger. Maybe my family cat "fluff and murder"

My bet is on "Bobcat" though I would prefer Ocelot for the Archer reference.

I was one of those downloads. Now I want to have Steve Jobs's babbies.

With the addition of many of the iOS feature into Lion, I would like to see a slighlty modified version on the iPad.

I'm hoping that iOS 5 will also be a hugh success
for my new iPad2.

Exciting stuff it socming1

I'm running it on my Macbook Pro, without any issues and it has trim support. ;)

Both of my Macs are running Lion flawlessly, no problems. Well worth the $30.

Back