Death Sentence For Mobile Exec That Took Bribes

HardOCP News

[H] News
Taking a bribe in China can get you the death penalty. No worries, if this guy is good, he can have that commuted to a life sentence. :eek:

Zhang Chunjiang, who also was a Communist Party official, was given a suspended death sentence with a two-year reprieve by a court in the central city of Shijiazhuang, the Xinhua News Agency said. Such sentences usually are commuted to life in prison with good behavior.

If that law were in effect in the US, roughly 90% of our current politicians would be executed.

(lobbying)

This is what i think we need. More people being killed for crimes. Get caught texting and driving, first time they break every finger on both hands. If you get caught again they chop your hands off.

Get caught in the act of a crime where there is no doubt that the person is guilty. IE get caught in the middle of a police standoff. They don't arrest you, they just shot you.

For corrupt CEOs and politians, kill them.

I think if we did stuff like that, it could straight things out some.

This is what i think we need. More people being killed for crimes. Get caught texting and driving, first time they break every finger on both hands. If you get caught again they chop your hands off.

Get caught in the act of a crime where there is no doubt that the person is guilty. IE get caught in the middle of a police standoff. They don't arrest you, they just shot you.

I don't know what country you're from, but it sounds like a horrible place.

I don't know what country you're from, but it sounds like a horrible place.

Yeah, it would starighten things out a bit... but don't you think the texting thing is a bit harsh. The first offense should just be a fine.. like we have now in AL.
Here are my suggestions for continuing offenses:
Second offense, bigger fine.
Third offense, phone taken away and smashed on the ground while you watch.
Fourth offense, phone smashed on the ground again and drivers license revoked for at least 1 year and car impounded.
Fifth offense... ummm.... required community service of 500 hours of cleaning gum from the bottom of public benches, etc.
Sixth offense, required eating of gum collected from fifth offense.

I think I am on to something here... think I could petition for this to be put on a ballot?

The poitition thing is spot on though.

Yeah, it would straighten things out a bit... but don't you think the texting thing is a bit harsh. The first offense should just be a fine.. like we have now in AL.
Here are my suggestions for continuing offenses:
Second offense, bigger fine.
Third offense, phone taken away and smashed on the ground while you watch.
Fourth offense, phone smashed on the ground again and drivers license revoked for at least 1 year and car impounded.
Fifth offense... ummm.... required community service of 500 hours of cleaning gum from the bottom of public benches, etc.
Sixth offense, required eating of gum collected from fifth offense.

I think I am on to something here... think I could petition for this to be put on a ballot?

The politition thing is spot on though.

errr... politition.. oh forget it.. I wish there was an edit button on front page posts... I can't type today and noticed other spelling errors.... grrrrr

bolded stuff is fixed spelling.

While I'm not so sure about breaking fingers and shit...when you have a company like Wachovia that is thought to have only been liquid through the banking crisis because of unmonitored Mexican drug money (potentially hundreds of billions) it was taking in, something much more harsh is needed and people held personally responsible. Instead we fine them hundreds of millions of dollars, which hurts no one other than shareholders, while the C-suite management pockets all the money made during the fiasco and walks away unscathed.

God I wish I had a gig where I could say, "I must be paid hundreds of millions annually because I'm responsible for an entire huge organization!" in good times, and in bad times say, "Well it's such a huge organization, I can't possibly be responsible for everything that happens in it!" :mad:

Why stop there? Lets break fingers and put people to death for making stupid, belligerent posts on forums as well! :rolleyes:

I sure hope that half the retarded posters who replied on this thread warranting mutilation / death to offenses that obviously do not fit... never have to watch said retarded suggestions come to fruit... and then experience them personally.

China doesn't %&$# around. Good for them.

As for texting and driving, if your license was revoked for a year on the first offence, would anyone do it? I certainly wouldn't.

Why do we feel like we deserve a second chance when we're breaking the law?

Why stop there? Lets break fingers and put people to death for making stupid, belligerent posts on forums as well! :rolleyes:

I sure hope that half the retarded posters who replied on this thread warranting mutilation / death to offenses that obviously do not fit... never have to watch said retarded suggestions come to fruit... and then experience them personally.

Taking bribes or other kinds of corruption are pretty serious IMHO. I don't know if its death penalty material, but certainly it warrants more than a couple years in a Club Fed like we do here in the US.

The US has a big problem with classism in the justice system. Serious crimes involving abuse of power are very rarely punished severely, usually a couple years in a Club Fed, or a plea deal. But a poverty stricken addict picked up with some crack rocks on them is thrown behind bars for 20 years.

Taking bribes or other kinds of corruption are pretty serious IMHO. I don't know if its death penalty material, but certainly it warrants more than a couple years in a Club Fed like we do here in the US.

The US has a big problem with classism in the justice system. Serious crimes involving abuse of power are very rarely punished severely, usually a couple years in a Club Fed, or a plea deal. But a poverty stricken addict picked up with some crack rocks on them is thrown behind bars for 20 years.

Well if that addict is indeed poverty stricken then the punishment sounds like the following;
1) 20 years of a guaranteed roof over their head.
2) 20 years of a guaranteed bed to sleep in.
3) 20 years of 3 nutritional meals a day.
4) 20 years of free gym membership
5) 20 years of free medical and dental care, something I have to pay nearly $300 a month for.
6) Free drug rehab

Real terrible punishment there..:rolleyes:

Well if that addict is indeed poverty stricken then the punishment sounds like the following;
5) 20 years of free medical and dental care, something I have to pay nearly $300 a month for.
6) Free drug rehab

20 years of rape, stabwounds, and no freedom.

6) Free drug rehab

20yrs showering nude w/ bubba....

I actually have no problem with instituting mandatory life in prison on conviction of corruption charges against a public official / police officer.

6) Free drug rehab

Really sounds like club med. Nice way to treat addiction as well. You are silly if you can't relate being wealthy with having an entirely different justice system.

You should see what they do to adulterers in some countries, I've seen a video clip on some random customers computer...all I can say is, red hot Scimitar, chopping block, and two guys restraining you.

Can we get a do over on the Casey Anthony trial but have her tried in China?

20 years of rape, stabwounds, and no freedom.

congrats I was waiting for the mandatory butt rape post as soon as someone mentions prison. You sir at the winna!

I think they should bring back the death penalty for serious crimes.

as for the other guy with the club med post lol kinda true.

I know if I was homeless I would rather be in prison than on the street with the free stuff provided. Aka the tax payers pay to feed me keep my healthy, while I workout,get a couple more degree's and do some "Co-Op" Learning with some of the better criminals so I can do way more stuff when I get out lol.

Man in this country big shot politicians take bribes daily. They just learned they have to power to call it something else and dumb asses keep voting them back in.
WE NEED THAT HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eh, they should apply the death penalty to white collar crimes here. strange reasoning to think that performing a horrific act on one person merits a death penalty, but stealing money from millions or poisoning millions (dumping) or so forth either gets ignored or gets you a short visit to minimum security.

I don't think China has a punishment for being found not guilty.

Man, I dont think people realize that she was found not guilty because they couldnt prove she did it, not because they didnt think she did it. Thankfully we dont imprison people without proof.
(We can fine you millions without proof for downloading crap music but thats a different game.)

i wonder what would cost less..... prison for life on a bunch of convicts, or putting them into a space shuttle and shooting em into the sun.....

i wonder what would cost less..... prison for life on a bunch of convicts, or putting them into a space shuttle and shooting em into the sun.....

Why spend all the money on a space shuttle? A really, really big catapult would be much cheaper.

As much as I'd like to see punishments like this happening in the US I just don't think it'd work. I think we're just too corrupt as a society to use a system of law which bases itself upon a sense of honor and honesty.

eh, they should apply the death penalty to white collar crimes here. strange reasoning to think that performing a horrific act on one person merits a death penalty, but stealing money from millions or poisoning millions (dumping) or so forth either gets ignored or gets you a short visit to minimum security.

tumblr_ln9aa10UAg1qzqlvro1_1280.png

Back