Battlefield 3: Paris Multiplayer Gameplay Video

Looks good. Can't wait to play this on my 2600k @ 4.9Ghz, 6990 + 6970 Tri-Fire + Corsair memory @ 1954 displayed on my LG 42" LCD. Should be buttery smooth.

>No mods
>No private servers
>No custom maps
>Forces you to use Origin online DRM service

Just thought I would mention this before you guys drop 60 stones on this game, you seem to be distracted by the pretty lights, colors and loud noises

I preordered mine at Amazon and got release day delivery, I don't know what you're talking about "not available online" except that Steam won't carry it.

Its not available online -IE- you can't buy it on Direct2Drive, Steam or any other various online purchase and download systems

>No mods
>No private servers
>No custom maps

Just thought I would mention this before you guys drop 60 stones on this game, you seem to be distracted by the pretty lights, colors and loud noises

Damn, sorry for being distracted by the actual game looking amazing, being that I'm, ya know, a gamer. If you require all your games to pass some kind of idealogical purity test before buying well then...have fun.

are you forced to use origin everytime you play online? or is it like the BFBC2 login to EA server? I'm thinking of buying this game on a [H]ard copy.

Untrustworthy Mc.

Anyway, I bet there is a cool game behind all those flashing awards on the screen.

Steam is nice EA, most of us use it every day. Why piss off gamers by not giving them what they want?

Looks good. Can't wait to play this on my 2600k @ 4.9Ghz, 6990 + 6970 Tri-Fire + Corsair memory @ 1954 displayed on my LG 42" LCD. Should be buttery smooth.

Yeah, you're doing it wrong.

If it's half as good as BF2 (which BC2 wasn't), then I'll be buying this at launch regardless of who sells it. But Steam would definitely be preferable.

Steam is nice EA, most of us use it every day. Why piss off gamers by not giving them what they want?

EA was not happy with Steam, because Steam offers a system and service where you download the game, you have access to it for life of the account, under Origins terms of service, you can only download the game from Origin for ONE year, after that you are screwed. You also before only had access to the game for one year, they have changed that too if you don't log into your origin account for two years, they delete all your games, yes, all your games and you have to buy them again

The other thing they fought over was Steam regularly sells games at a discount price, they don't strong arm EA, but EA has no choice but to sell their games on steam at a lower price because of the, as they preceive it to be, hostile environment where STEAM has all these games around their products constantly going down in price or on sale, which forces them to compete in a super vast market. But putting BF3 on Origin, it only competes with other games from EA and nobody else, plus they can control the prices higher, because removing the ability to buy it online and buying it in stores only like gamestop, they can keep the prices higher longer

I really need to see some jet action!! This will seal the deal for me!

Looks like i'll avoid drinking for a week or two and put that money in a safe spot.

So torn. I really do not want to go back to having a physical copy while adding another gaming app (Origin), while not providing auto updates.

BUT IT LOOKS SO GOOD. :confused:

So torn. I really do not want to go back to having a physical copy while adding another gaming app (Origin), while not providing auto updates.

BUT IT LOOKS SO GOOD. :confused:

Origin does indeed auto-update your games.

EA was not happy with Steam, because Steam offers a system and service where you download the game, you have access to it for life of the account, under Origins ...snip

There is so much BS in this post it isn't worth the time addressing it all.

>No mods
>No private servers
>No custom maps

I don't give a shit about this. Dice has not said one way or ther other that there will/will not be MODS/Custom Maps for the game one way or another.

I am still willing to drop $60 on this game....

Back