Corsair Announces New Enthusiast Series Modular PSUs

HardOCP News

[H] News
Corsair, a worldwide designer and supplier of high-performance components to the PC gaming hardware market, today announced the Enthusiast Series™ Modular line of power supplies. Enthusiast Series Modular PSUs share a platform with the award-winning Enthusiast Series TX V2 line, with the TX V2's fixed cable set upgraded to a modular cabling system consisting of an attached, fully-sleeved ATX 12V cable and a complete set of flat detachable cables that allow system builders to use only the cables they need.

Enthusiast Series Modular PSUs are 80 PLUS® Bronze certified, delivering at least 85% efficiency at 50% load. Designed for reliable operation in high-performance PCs where clean, stable power is important, they are rated for full continuous power delivery at 50° C. Ultra-quiet, 140mm double ball-bearing fans deliver excellent airflow with exceptionally low noise levels by automatically adjusting fan speed in response to system temperature.

Where does this leave the AX series, my favorite supply right now?

AX is still their top series. This seems more like a budget modular option to replace the HX line, or maybe a modular series that's lower than the HX line, since the HX line is silver certified and this is bronze.

Been waiting forever for a line like this. Modular cables makes such a difference working with a power supply, but getting a decent PSU at a reasonable price has been impossible. Been going with the HX line just because of the modular cables when all I really needed were TX series. I really hope HardOCP does a review of these units soon.

Been waiting forever for a line like this. Modular cables makes such a difference working with a power supply, but getting a decent PSU at a reasonable price has been impossible. Been going with the HX line just because of the modular cables when all I really needed were TX series. I really hope HardOCP does a review of these units soon.

Me too, I also hope corsair sends me a free one for some publicity. :D

Back