In Win Commander II 1200W Power Supply Review @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
In Win Commander II 1200W Power Supply Review - Big wattage in a big package is what In Win is touting. When you get to 1.2 kilowatts, you are talking about serious power and you will want a very good unit in your chassis when you are talking about actually using what one of these PSU can put out. We put the new 1200W Commander II to the test. Pass or Fail?

"If you are looking for a high power PSU, I suggest you give a look to the Corsair AX1200, Enermax Revo 1350."

Did something change with the HCP1200? From the [H] review it seemed you guys thought that PSU was better than the AX1200.

"If you are looking for a high power PSU, I suggest you give a look to the Corsair AX1200, Enermax Revo 1350."

Did something change with the HCP1200? From the [H] review it seemed you guys thought that PSU was better than the AX1200.

No, the Antec HCP1200 is still a better power supply than the Corsair AX1200. Kyle has a few more responsibilities other than editing my power supply reviews (and it was a very busy weekend around the [H]) so it just slipped his mind.

No, the Antec HCP1200 is still a better power supply than the Corsair AX1200. Kyle has a few more responsibilities other than editing my power supply reviews (and it was a very busy weekend around the [H]) so it just slipped his mind.

Anyway, I was just wondering. Your reviews are awesome. Even when I am not in the market for a specific product I still enjoy reading them.

Why is it better?

Why is it better?

Can we please not restart that debate for the billionth time on this sub forum? Both units are excellent and have advantages over each other. The Antec is marginally better and truly not an upgrade from the Corsair at all.

Lets just enjoy mocking the retarded name of this PSU instead :p

Wing Commander II .. lol would have been a better name for this fail.

Page 2:
"The first thing we are going to look at with the In Win Commander II 12000W is its packaging, accessories, and documentation"

Arc welding PSUs ftw.

I think the Corsair AX series are brilliant.

Why is it better?

Can we please not restart that debate for the billionth time on this sub forum? Both units are excellent and have advantages over each other. The Antec is marginally better and truly not an upgrade from the Corsair at all.

Lets just enjoy mocking the retarded name of this PSU instead :p

Wing Commander II .. lol would have been a better name for this fail.

I think the Corsair AX series are brilliant.

So that this will stop being brought up over and over again. The HCP-1200 performs better in almost every regard, is quieter, is built by an OEM that is more well versed in the market, and is cheaper. So buy which ever you want but if you want the best 1200W product at the moment, and don't want to settle for second (or worse), don't buy the In Win Commander II1200W or the Corsair AX1200 buy the Antec HCP-1200. For anything else read the reviews, it is all there.

Now back to the In Win Commander II1200W.

Roger that. HCP-1200 linked in the conclusion so you guys can reach down and pull your panties firmly out of your manginas. ;)

rofl

rocking the Corsair here, very happy with it

man it is refreshing to have a site that isn't afraid to call them like they see them

Would you consider the Thermaltake Toughpower 1200W in one of those as a recommended brand (though it is on the expensive side) as well? I don't recall ever seeing a review on that device.

At the price the Thermaltake is selling at, IMO the Antec HCP 1200 or Corsair AX1200 are better buys.

Your earlier reviews don't use the same methodology for testing as is in use today, do they? If not, one must wonder how it would it fair in your testing now days :)

Your earlier reviews don't use the same methodology for testing as is in use today, do they? If not, one must wonder how it would it fair in your testing now days :)

Well the only changes have been additions, so they are still comparable.

Back