Microsoft Leak Their Secret Social Network: “Tulalip”

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Spotted in the wild this week could be the Microsoft’s answer to Facebook and Google+. A splash page was posted on the web, duly noted by diligent Microsoft snoopers and then surreptitiously and quickly removed with a follow up apology for posting the slip. The suspected precursor to a social network startup by Microsoft is named Tulalip which we all hope is a changeable code name for something else. :D

Tulalip is the name of a Native American tribe in the Seattle area.

Also, this is NOT a competitor to Facebook or Google+. It looks like it's some kind of social aggregate, or search engine. Notice you can log in using Facebook or Twitter.

This has already been reviewed upon by Mary Jo Foley, and it is most definitely NOT a social network competitor.

Tulalip? Really? Whoever thought of that one should be fired.

You sure it's not a new adult network? Those are the only two lips I thought of when I read the name.

Tulalip is an internal project name and THIS will not be a competitor to Facebook or Google+. Redmond has something else up its sleeve.

Tulalip is an internal project name and THIS will not be a competitor to Facebook or Google+. Redmond has something else up its sleeve.

Myspace isn't really the same thing as facebook, nor did it have anything like the same features (myspace has customization and music pages, facebook was all about college students and plain white uncustomizable "not myspace" looks) and google seem intent that google+ isn't the same thing as facebook either.

But i'm pretty sure they will have to go out of their way to convince people that this isn't their attempt at a google+ or whatever is the most popular site when this launches.

This is SUPER late,

They will make it, it will be awesome, maybe missing a few features but noting too super. Then they will drop it.

This was a Zune jab by the way.

Back