BiosRomCheck - Driver cant load

TheSteal

Limp Gawd
I get this message everytime I bootup

The motherboard is an MSI Z68A-GD65

everything seems to work smoothly, I just don't know why I'm getting this message.

Help! Pic is below...

BIOS.jpg

Which BIOS version are you running? Do you have the lucid software installed?

I think I fixed it, not sure which bios version, I did a CMOS reset and re installed windows, but this time I didn't use the provided disk for drivers and such. I just grabbed the stuff I needed (latest versions) off the net. Works Great Now!!

I have this exact same problem with the same motherboard.

I'm hoping a CMOS reset will do it without having to reinstall win7. I did use the included CD to install the chipset drivers and such.

Guess I'll find out in a minute.

I reset CMOS, booted up and reconfigued my bios. Same error came up as the OP posted above.

I really dread having to reinstall everything again. I'll hold out for a day or two and maybe someone else who has this same problem knows an easy fix rather than a complete wipe and install.

I have this exact same problem with the same motherboard.

I'm hoping a CMOS reset will do it without having to reinstall win7. I did use the included CD to install the chipset drivers and such.

Guess I'll find out in a minute.

the CMOS reset wont fix it, you'll have to re install. use drivers off the internet. Oh and burn the disk they gave you.

I reinstalled windows like 3 times before deciding not to use that fXXXing disk

Gah! Well at least I can learn from your pain and I'll have to only reinstall the once. I'll format and start again. Won't use the MSI drivers disk.

Gah! Well at least I can learn from your pain and I'll have to only reinstall the once. I'll format and start again. Won't use the MSI drivers disk.

yea im glad I could save someone the headache! I was about to pitch the whole project haha

Well that was fun....not!

Reinstalled everything, happy to report no stupid "biosromcheck" error. So whatever the problem was it's on the MSI drivers disk.

I spent the last two days searching for an answer to this problem. Couldn't find anything on google. Happened to notice this thread today because you put the right title on it. I'm positive that we aren't the only people to experience this error. Bet many other in the future will come across this thread once is cataloged on google.

Well that was fun....not!

Reinstalled everything, happy to report no stupid "biosromcheck" error. So whatever the problem was it's on the MSI drivers disk.

I spent the last two days searching for an answer to this problem. Couldn't find anything on google. Happened to notice this thread today because you put the right title on it. I'm positive that we aren't the only people to experience this error. Bet many other in the future will come across this thread once is cataloged on google.

hey I'm glad it worked for you! :D

I ran into the exact same error and it was driving me nuts as well. This thread is probably the most info I could find about it.

That being said I didn't bother to reload the OS. That BIOSRomCheck is a program that gets loaded as part of the DVD as everyone has said. It gets installed to Program Files(x86)\MSI and of course gets put into the HKLM Run registry area. I just deleted its registry entry there and that stopped it from running and took care of the problem.

I ran into the exact same error and it was driving me nuts as well. This thread is probably the most info I could find about it.

That being said I didn't bother to reload the OS. That BIOSRomCheck is a program that gets loaded as part of the DVD as everyone has said. It gets installed to Program Files(x86)\MSI and of course gets put into the HKLM Run registry area. I just deleted its registry entry there and that stopped it from running and took care of the problem.

Great find man! yea I knew that BiosRomCheck was on the disk but I did know where to find it on my hard drive.

A simplier solution is to deactivate the program (it has no specific name) from auto-start programs by using "msconfig" or CCleaner tools.

Regards

Back