Darwin Award of the Week

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
A valuable lesson was learned by a Darwin Award candidate this week. An unidentified Colorado teen had the bright (and explosive) idea to combine a pile of small fireworks into a big one by shredding them up in a coffee grinder. He should be receiving his award after he is released from the hospital. :D

The Fire Marshal postulates that the electric coffee grinder probably caused enough friction to cause the explosion.

I need to party in vicinity of this guy..
Im assuming there will always be a story to tell afterwards..

I think this would fall into Honorable Mention. For a Dawrin Award, you need to be unable to reproduce (which also happens when you die) to win it.

Wasn't Darwin married to his first cousin?
Just saying!!!

He wins his own award to me.

....Kids on the short bus shouldn't play with explosives...Let's see. Minor logic here. Easy stuff really. Fire is hot. You can cause heat with friction. With enough friction among flammable materials fire happens. Fire makes fireworks explode. It's funny though that the humanity of the higher side of the bell curve in our species is what's preventing natural selection from running it's course. We're keeping our species stupid by being smart. lolol

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

I thought he might be standing next to a low table or it was a hand grinder on his lap.

A valuable lesson was learned by a Darwin Award candidate this week. An unidentified Colorado teen had the bright (and explosive) idea to combine a pile of small fireworks into a big one by shredding them up in a coffee grinder. He should be receiving his award after he is released from the hospital. :D

Product of the public school system. :p

darwin award: It's not enough to just die -- you must not have reproduced yet either.

Wasn't Darwin married to his first cousin?
Just saying!!!

He wins his own award to me.

Somewhat true. They shared the same grandparent (note the no S on the end) b/c his grandmother died during childbirth and grand-dad remarried and had a new kid. So they are like half-first-cousins on the father's side with different mothers.

Agreed still that a half-first cousin is not quite a second cousin which makes it kind of creepy and a high likelihood that a child might be born deformed or with birth defects. I imagine since Darwin fathered 10 children with his wife(7 of which survived infancy), at least one of them was born fairly normal though.

In any case, back in the 1500s-1800s keeping it in the 'Royal' family and keeping the 'Royal' bloodline pure was common so the majority of the Royal family of most European courts are technically imbred and likely somewhat birth-defected from parental birth defects in their great or great-great grandparents, etc etc.

When you read history and hear of the stories of certain kings: (See France). I almost picture Louie as an over-active teenager with a small mix of FAS and ADHD that wanted constant amusement, entertainment and a hot-wife even at the risk of alienating his citizens (See: French Revolution).

The Darwin Award of the Year has already been reserved for an early but truly spectacular entry - the one person in the entire Western hemisphere who got himself killed by the Japanese tsunami. I cannot imagine what it will take to top this one.

My favorite Inexplicable Success award went to some junior high kids a few years back who were caught in possession of a jar of napalm. When asked how they obtained it, they explained that they had skipped school and made the napalm themselves by boiling gasoline on their mother's stove while she away.

Since he's still alive, was he removed from the gene pool in some way?

Otherwise it's not a true Darin Award.

Doesn't the Darwin Award require that you kill yourself? :p

That being said, he wanted a big bang, and he got exactly what he wanted :p

Zarathustra[H];1037493050 said:
Doesn't the Darwin Award require that you kill yourself? :p

That being said, he wanted a big bang, and he got exactly what he wanted :p

You only have to remove yourself from the gene pool. So yes, you could kill yourself. You could also get castrated in some way shape or form.

Just as long as you can't reproduce - it's a Darwin award.

Back