Italian Authorities Arrest Anonymous Cell

HardOCP News

[H] News
Wow, thirty two raids in one morning to round up members of Anonymous? It looks like the authorities are starting to get serious about going after these guys. This is what, the fifth big round-up in four countries?

Italian police have carried out 32 raids across the country and fingered the collar of three people, including a minor, who are suspected of being the Italian leaders of the Anonymous hacker group. State Police claim they have arrested the "the promoter" and some leading figures of the Italian cell of "Anonymous", the hacker group.

I have a feeling these bust are just to have good reports printed in the paper and the people getting caught aren't leaders at all.

They have to print something so all that money they make is put to good use.

hopefully more reliable than when they caught the ringleader of lulz...

I'd bet they've got the wrong person in most cases.

Is anonymous really that popular in Italy?

hopefully more reliable than when they caught the ringleader of lulz...

Yeah, but here's the thing...

each time they round up these basement dwelling little bastards..they tell. They tell how they access the network, they tell on each other, they tell on contacts, they tell on their mom...they don't care, they just tell.

And, it is the information gleaned from these idiots that eventually brings down the house. Anyone that thinks these teenagers aren't telling everything they know and cutting deals is just crazy.

...at least that's how it works on TV.

INFORMATION IS FREE MAN! EVERYONE HAS A RIGHT TO KNOW! Oh wait you mean you want some privacy like the people you exposed?

No this is hilarious, "leaders of Anonymous"... Italian police... LOL. Come on, all this guys caught were some kiddie scripters who were hitting a DDoS button from their parent's basement. I would imagine anyone who would be considered a "leader" of Anon would know enough to at least setup a proxy, which pretty much eliminates any police department from finding you. Granted there are people like myself and other independents who can track you down, but that cost money, time and specific targets, something government agencies are in short supply of. We will find out, if any of these trials go public, that they were all just kids or the many 30+ year old recluses, feeling like they were internet gods in their parent's basement.

Ahh, the Italians always exaggerate everything. It must be a slow news day, no political figures being charged for corruption, or another election on the horizon. Italian prime minister Silvio Berlusconi not being fingered for hitting on another underage girl.

With Greece, Spain and Italy finding Anonymous I think I can see what is happening. All these desperately poor countries are seeking loans from the US, UK and Germany in exchange for hunting down Anon for them. It's brilliant.

Italian police aren't known for getting things right, in fact they are known for being pretty crap, even their crime scene guys need re-education on what to do, and not do at a live crime scene, so it makes me wonder how certain is the proof they obtained that these "leaders" are what they claim they are.

I have a feeling these bust are just to have good reports printed in the paper and the people getting caught aren't leaders at all.

I would hope this is not the case, but it would not surprise me
However, I would expect Anon to be laughing at these headlines with posts, or other acts, indicating how false they were.

Wouldn't be surprised if they were scapegoats, just to bring a bit of "fear" towards Anonymouses

I thought Anon was righteous in what they do. Why do people cheer for their arrests?

Do that many of you think (in this case Italian) police departments were the ones that found the suspects? Whether they say they did or not, chances are someone gave them all the info and pressured the government (Local or national) of the locality to arrest them.

I think this is exactly what's happening.

These guy are either people that anonymous pretended to be, while hacking or they're as EchtoGammut implied, script kids.

I thought Anon was righteous in what they do. Why do people cheer for their arrests?

I'm all for fighting the big companies and their greedy and f&@k the consumer ideals, but screwing with the consumers is not the right way of doing things, the company still doesn't care.

I seriously have my doubts about all of these arrests. It's looking a bit too "scripted" pun intended. Great excuse to arrest people that are undesirable and say you arrest Anon.

God I love this shit. They arrested 3 kids who may or may not even be associated with Anon but every article sayd that an international hacker ring has been brought down. Trust me, this will accomplish nothing

God I love this shit. They arrested 3 kids who may or may not even be associated with Anon but every article sayd that an international hacker ring has been brought down. Trust me, this will accomplish nothing

I'm lol'ing at it too, they are probably arresting people who's IP's were used to bounce off of in an attack or something. Anon is just LOL'ing and is going to start raping Italian police next in attacks.

I'm lol'ing at it too, they are probably arresting people who's IP's were used to bounce off of in an attack or something. Anon is just LOL'ing and is going to start raping Italian police next in attacks.

Raping the Italian Police how? "Oh we're so going to DDOS their PR site! We'll own them so bad!"

Raping the Italian Police how? "Oh we're so going to DDOS their PR site! We'll own them so bad!"

Probably? I don't know, many authorities, police included store information of arrests on computers, maybe they will hack that and release it or something. Who knows?

Probably? I don't know, many authorities, police included store information of arrests on computers, maybe they will hack that and release it or something. Who knows?

That's wishful thinking of you. Most police records are held elsewhere so just because you hit a PR website doesn't mean you'll get anything out of it. Most local government websites are separate from internal working. So if anything, they'll get root to edit the website front page and that's about the biggest damage they can do.

I'm all for fighting the big companies and their greedy and f&@k the consumer ideals, but screwing with the consumers is not the right way of doing things, the company still doesn't care.

Feeling the same here, though I don't really know what anonymous did in recent times, only lulzsec since the media's been so damn loud about it.

That's wishful thinking of you. Most police records are held elsewhere so just because you hit a PR website doesn't mean you'll get anything out of it. Most local government websites are separate from internal working. So if anything, they'll get root to edit the website front page and that's about the biggest damage they can do.

Didnt seem to stop them from leaking the Arizona police's private shit.

Back