Aircraft Can Increase Precipitation Around Major Airports

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Well, here’s a new one for you. Have you ever noticed that it seems to rain more around airports than other areas? Researchers have noticed the weather changes and studied the cause, placing the blame squarely on the planes themselves….I blame the TSA simply because they rain on everyone’s parade. :D

The aircraft sets off a chain reaction in the cloud that can continue on for hours after it has passed by. Though “cloud seeding” has been studied and practiced for decades as a way to induce precipitation, it seems we’ve been doing it all along without noticing.

Sounds more like another one of those reports generated purely out of a desire to draw research funds from the governments pockets and push an agenda.

I thought this was pretty well known by now. The documentary Blue Gold (2008) talks about how in some 3rd world countries, certain wealthier individuals flew plains purposely to keep the water supply on their lands and out of the hands of the poorer people.

I could only assume the same physics applied at airports.

Having lived close to an airport and being a pilot myself, I call bullshit on this.

There is a difference between a major effect and a measurable effect. A butterfly's wing flap can affect the weather on the other side of the world, but to what extent, that is the question.

Having lived close to an airport and being a pilot myself, I call bullshit on this.

There is a difference between a major effect and a measurable effect. A butterfly's wing flap can affect the weather on the other side of the world, but to what extent, that is the question.

I'm with my man above, lived next to an airport my entire life, buuuuuuuuuullllllshit.

I thought this was pretty well known by now. The documentary Blue Gold (2008) talks about how in some 3rd world countries, certain wealthier individuals flew plains purposely to keep the water supply on their lands and out of the hands of the poorer people.

I could only assume the same physics applied at airports.

Yea i thought i heard about this already too.

and at the same time all the contrails are causing a green house effect :rolleyes:

I lived near SFO until I was in my 20s, I didn't notice any different rain patterns than my aunt who lived a tad further away... but then again airport was right next to the bay, aunt... a bit farther inland

I don't buy it. This article sounds like a bunch of BS to me. Notice not much information on who is conducting this study, how much resource is involved and how long it's been going on. The article is also suspiciously short. I don't buy into funded studies that are not held to any kinds of standards in regard to the results they want to show. They can say anything they want without challenge.

When a few years go by and the Earth has not self destructed like the global warming crowd has said it would, a new study will come out on global cooling.

Why the hell is it not raining constantly around San Jose, or San Francisco then?

Well this is like 1000 jets all at once, and it makes rain. Its not HAARP, but it is NASA.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIpeNs5OWbo"]YouTube - ‪Space shuttle rocket booster test - Speed - BBC‬‏[/ame]

Back