Apple Files Another Lawsuit Against Samsung

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
These two behemoth corporations should just get their own personal courthouse to battle out their differences and save the taxpayers the expense. Apple and Samsung have been slinging lawsuits and counter suits at each other for a good part of this year. The latest is an injunction by Apple to prevent Samsung from importing four of its mobile devices into the US. If you can’t beat ‘em, ban ‘em :D

It’s also possible Apple is using the injunction filing to force Samsung into settling because Samsung wouldn’t want to risk getting some of its signature products banned.

Apple sucks. I stopped buying their products a few years back after a number of issues, bad customer support, and outrageous repair costs.

Apple is understandably torqued off that Android phones are gaining more smartphone market share from BB than Apple is. That, and the UI wrapper Sammy used on the Galaxy does superficially look a bit like the iPhones. Then again, most smart phone UI's appear similar to each other in many ways. It goes along with doing the same things on what is very similar hardware I suppose. Apple did not invent the smart phone so it is not like they can claim to have a lock on all things smart phone.

I really am not seeing the reason for all this aside from corporate jockying.

You can also take into account what one person said in the article comments: Samsung has a large array of products - Televisions, Home Appliances, Computers, Cell Phones, and they even made cars at one point (though, that venture was short-lived). So, Apple seems to be taking the larger risk if the injunction was denied.

Nevertheless, you can also look at the "other end of the spectrum" - Samsung makes one of the best-selling tablets out there: The Galaxy Tab. If the selling of this product in the United States were to stop, it would hurt the company ... but not at all kill them off.

Another example of corporate jockeying (as the person above me said), indeed.

This wont stop samsung's products and shows a little more desperation on apples part. I will give apple some respect they are noticing where their threats are and are attacking it

TouchWiz doesn't look like iOS. Apple can eat my asshole after a late night of Taco Bell dollar menu.

Apple is understandably torqued off that Android phones are gaining more smartphone market share from BB than Apple is. That, and the UI wrapper Sammy used on the Galaxy does superficially look a bit like the iPhones. Then again, most smart phone UI's appear similar to each other in many ways. It goes along with doing the same things on what is very similar hardware I suppose. Apple did not invent the smart phone so it is not like they can claim to have a lock on all things smart phone.

I really am not seeing the reason for all this aside from corporate jockying.

Not the case in the US. Keep in mind that there are only the iPhone 3Gs and IPhone4 vs 100+ Android phones. iPhones are only available from 2 carriers yet they're still winning the battle against Android in US.

http://www.mobilebusinessbriefing.com/article/android-losing-us-market-share-as-ios-grows

http://modmyi.com/content/4801-smartphones-dominating-u-s-android-losing-momentum-iphone.html

Yeah look at Apple Customers... most of them are normal people with very little "technical" know how. Sure there are a larger % of crazy supporters/fanboi's then most other companies/products. But still Apple has a TON of normal people. Apple should be commended on good customer service ratings, most companies could care less.

No matter what you say, Apple is king of making simple, easy to use products (along with great marketing), that normal people have less issues with.

I personally wouldn't buy an apple product but I would suggest it to less technical people.

Isn't this lawsuit just in response to Samsung's which was trying to do the same thing to Apple, ban imports to US?

Look at the people that buy Apple. Steve Jobs could take a huge runny dump on their chest and the people would think it's the greatest thing ever.

Makes sense. They all lied when they answered those surveys. Damn sheeps.

Samsung can DIAF for all I care.. Motorola can go down with the ship too.. So long as HTC survives all the lawyers ill be happy..

and well.. Id love so shove a live beehive up steve jobs ass...
My feelings on apple..

Look at the people that buy Apple. Steve Jobs could take a huge runny dump on their chest and the people would think it's the greatest thing ever.

That's a sig-worthy quote if I've ever seen one ... however, I'm fairly certain I'd run afoul of the mods + Kyle if that were put in. This is of course coming from a newish iPhone 4 user :)

QFT +1

My GF of 7 years now was a hardcore Apple fangirl when I first met up. It took 5 of those 7 years to convert her to become anti apple. It took maybe 300 articles of bad apple news & constant price per performance comparisons to get the job done :D. She now has a PC built by me, an HP laptop, an asus netbook & and the Nexus S.

The fact that Apple have the Galaxy Tablet included in this is proof that they are shitting themselves in fear over the competition from Samsung, so badly so that they are willing to lose Samsung's partnership if they have to in every field they hire them in.

Look to Samsung's 2006 and 2007 phones and public prototypes to see why Apple don't have a case and never had.

I gotta give Apple credit here: the Samsung UI and industrial design is CLEARLY a direct rip off of iOS on the phone. You cannot seriously deny that. Essentially Samsung devices with their Android mods are high quality iOS KIRFs.

Seriously, this is way beyond what Apple was whining about in the '90s with Windows. Between Samsung and the guys who do MIUI I wonder if the folks over there are even capable of designing a unique user experience without just stealing it.

And before you run and scream at me for being a apple fanboy: I run a Nexus one with CM7.1 RC1. OG superphone, bitches.

The fact that Apple have the Galaxy Tablet included in this is proof that they are shitting themselves in fear over the competition from Samsung, so badly so that they are willing to lose Samsung's partnership if they have to in every field they hire them in.

Look to Samsung's 2006 and 2007 phones and public prototypes to see why Apple don't have a case and never had.

Ithink its because the ipad3 isn't going to be a big upgrade to the ipad2, especially not like the second to the first was. They might be scared what the tegra3 will do in comparison. If the tegra3 is really that much easier to program for (rumor) and keeps android tablets cheap then apple does have a lot to worry about. Do what you can to stall so you can steal the spot light and drown the competition in advertisements, pretty much how they killed of the ipod competition 5 years ago.

Samsung can DIAF for all I care.. Motorola can go down with the ship too.. So long as HTC survives all the lawyers ill be happy..

and well.. Id love so shove a live beehive up steve jobs ass...
My feelings on apple..

Doesn't htc use hardware from samsung or is it qualcomm? Either way I love the hardware from all three companies, its hard to hate on my atrix but moto makes the worste decisions on software. I mean how can you sell anything with a locked boot loader for this long? Get head out of @$$ MOTO.

Ithink its because the ipad3 isn't going to be a big upgrade to the ipad2, especially not like the second to the first was.

I don't know, what if the iPad 3 has a retina display? That would obviously mean fairly beefed up hardware. With all the rumors floating around and Samsung already having demoed tablets with retina-like displays, I wouldn't be surprised if the next iPad comes with one. I think it's a logical next step.

I don't know, what if the iPad 3 has a retina display? That would obviously mean fairly beefed up hardware. With all the rumors floating around and Samsung already having demoed tablets with retina-like displays, I wouldn't be surprised if the next iPad comes with one. I think it's a logical next step.

maybe, but I wouldn't think so. Do you remember the rumors for the ipad2? holy god it was an EP121 with iOS on it pretty much with those rumors. Now those same rumors have moved onto the iPad3. I'm not holding my breath. The differene between the iPhone4 and the iPhone 3gs was a stupid atenna design and a forward facing camera, I can imagine the same thing for the iPad3. Now if the iPad3 misses its release mark we will know why, they are trying to get the retina display to work to compete.

Whats the new rumored price on the tab with retina displays?

Yeah I suppose anything could happen. I have no idea what the price rumors are, but I'm guessing ipad 3 will debut anywhere between way too expensive and way way too expensive. :p

Back