Google Takes Down 93,000 Scam Ads

HardOCP News

[H] News
Google has taken down 93,000 scam ads. Yay! Only 2,344,619,001,863 to go! :D

Google also said that it had fully or partially agreed to 89 percent of applications for content removal made by British courts, executive bodies and police. The 38 requests made by UK authorities covered 93,518 items, which were taken down for reasons of fraud, defamation and copyright infringement.

Nice! Let the nefarious advertisers suck dirt and gain no more ill-gotten profits.

Now if they only took down Google ads as well. I'm tired of seeing ads for women underware on a computer hardware site or dipers on a motorcycle site or makeup on a gaming site.

Now if they only took down Google ads as well. I'm tired of seeing ads for women underware on a computer hardware site or dipers on a motorcycle site or makeup on a gaming site.

Think that's more on the webmaster than google.

Webmasters are able to pick and choose categories of ads along with providing a description of the location and content of the site to make ads more targetable for your sites content.

At least that's google adsense

Sounds like your other half has been using your computer.

Think that's more on the webmaster than google.

Webmasters are able to pick and choose categories of ads along with providing a description of the location and content of the site to make ads more targetable for your sites content.

At least that's google adsense

Sounds like your other half has been using your computer.

Nope, this is how Google ads "work" if you are not in America or UK. I'm Swedish and if I use Swedish sites google ads works fairly well, maybe 75%, but if I'm on a foreign site it's a lottery, even had underware ads on [H]ardocp.

Nope, this is how Google ads "work" if you are not in America or UK. I'm Swedish and if I use Swedish sites google ads works fairly well, maybe 75%, but if I'm on a foreign site it's a lottery, even had underware ads on [H]ardocp.

I tried that excuse when ghey donkey p0rn was found on my machine. I was in the UK, so no one believed me :(

Hmm. The only reason you'd see ads for women's underwear is because you frequent sites with women's underwear - or the website you're visiting talks a lot about women's underwear.

Do you have something to tell us?

Hmm. The only reason you'd see ads for women's underwear is because you frequent sites with women's underwear - or the website you're visiting talks a lot about women's underwear.

Do you have something to tell us?

Well that is how Google ads are suppose to work, I'm telling you that isn't true everywhere, like here in Sweden.

Back