Star Wars Galaxies Closes Doors December 15 2011

H-street

Supreme [H]ardness
Can't say I'm suprised, after the New Game Experience completely fubarred the game up..

not to mention that Jedi should have never been in the game to begin with.

Sad to see it go, hopefully another sandbox type Starwars MMO will come in the future, but the way SWG panned out i doubt Lucasarts will go that route again.

I'm surprised it lasted this long. It ceased to be relevant as an MMORPG many, many years ago.

I started playing after the New Game Experience, so I never knew how great it was...

But too me it was still a good game. I barely saw any Jedi, guess because alot of people quit right before I started playing, so they never bothered me. But I do agree they probably shouldn't have ever been in the game....and this is only 1 of the 2 downfall's I see in the new Star Wars MMO...(the other being no sandbox space combat).....I aim to play as a smuggler, but I can see how we can get screwed going up against a Jedi in PvP Realms...

We will see I guess...

(I am thinking about upping for one month before the end of this to see what all the stuff will be about, if we don't have The Old Republic by then)

Let's hope The Old Republic can give us back what we felt way back when.

I may be asking for too much.

I almost feel sad, but then I remember I let the game go a long time ago. I quit playing during the CU, right after they made chef buffs non stacking.

Here's hoping there is another sandbox MMO in the future.

it's a shame, I had a blast with this game 2004-2005 but once all the game mechanics started changing left and right it started falling apart and becoming way too imbalanced. Glad to see it will be sent off with a bang rather than just piddle out like most mmos past their time.

Back