Fractal Design - ARC Mini - The perfect water-cooling mATX case!

UrbanSmooth

Limp Gawd
The perfect setup for water-cooling right out of the box! Without even needing to mod the case for 120mm or 140mm fan and radiator holes, this case is already prepared!

Fractal Design's Official Arc Mini page
Bit-Tech.net Arc Mini review

FD-CA-ARC-MINI-BL_03.jpg

FD-CA-ARC-MINI-BL_2.jpg

FD-CA-ARC-MINI-BL_1.jpg

FD-CA-ARC-MINI-BL_4.jpg

FD-CA-ARC-MINI-BL_5.jpg

This case excels at not being suffocated by a front door panel and not lacking a full fan/radiator setup on top. This perfect setup is just begging for water-cooling!

Yep. Its just not mini.
regards
mariachi76

Of course it's mini, it's in the title! ;)

But, yes, I do agree, it may not be the size of an Antec ISK 100 or Habey EMC 600/800 chassis, however, it does offer great, and I mean GREAT water-cooling options in a 'smaller' package. LONG LIVE THE ARC MINI!

Long live ? LOL. Maybe in few months, when they will actually show up. For Define Mini it took only a half year to hit the market after they introduced the product.

Case size (WxHxD): 210x405x484mm with front and top bezel in place

8.4" x 16.2" x 19.3"

Not what many would consider SFF in nature but it is an interesting case with many features.

Long live ? LOL. Maybe in few months, when they will actually show up. For Define Mini it took only a half year to hit the market after they introduced the product.

It's already available... in Sweden :) (Fractal Design is a Swedish company)

I See one major design flaw that would keep me from getting it.. The removable drive bay is great since it will allow a long video card.. But had they made the removable bay 4 drives & the one below it 2 drives it would allow a pair of long cards so those wanting SLI or CFX in mATX this would be a great option.. As it sits though its not bad. But I wouldn't consider it because of this flaw (being as I am much more likely to add a 2nd video card as opposed to needing more then 2 3.5" bays)

Should be out in another 2-3 weeks. This is actually sad because the new Fractal line-up should have been available back in May when they originally announced it.

Should be out in another 2-3 weeks. This is actually sad because the new Fractal line-up should have been available back in May when they originally announced it.

Let's hope. There are now no Fractal Design cases in stock at Newegg.

Ahhhh, the wait is killing me. I sent them 3 emails about release date in the usa and got no reply. Anyone know when we can get our hands on one??

That's a sweet looking case. Not exactly mini, but for a case capable of housing a 360rad? it is relatively small.

I'm designing a case build to be as small as possible and still house a 360, and it is a challenge.

EDIT: not capable of a 360. Nevermind. Boo! But still a cool case!

That's a sweet looking case. Not exactly mini, but for a case capable of housing a 360rad? it is relatively small.

I'm designing a case build to be as small as possible and still house a 360, and it is a challenge.

EDIT: not capable of a 360. Nevermind. Boo! But still a cool case!

surely you can, you just wont be able to use the optical bays

Yay it arrived pictures dont do it justice using my mobile phone but you get the jist, its very very solid, will be building it later so will get some proper pics filled up

IMAG0149.jpg

IMAG0156.jpg

IMAG0150.jpg

IMAG0157.jpg

Very cool! Congrats :)
Is there room enough for a full sized 240 or 360 on top or will it have to be a slim one like the rs240?

IMAG0184.jpg

As you can see it will be set right to the edge as not to interfere with the motherboard (unless it has huge heatsinks, once ive got my gene-z in ill take another pic from above so make sure it wont hit anything, theres something on the product page about the rad thicknesses and that when using thick rads you need low profile ram.

Although i might prefer the look of the TJ08-E (was the other case on my shortlist) this is less of a compromise overall, just have to wait till this evening to start building :)

I may have to look into this case, I was wanting to build a mini tower soon. Full and mid tower size is getting old.

Very nice! I must say, if I didn't have a gargantuan 360 rad I'd consider this case. But based on the numbers it just won't fit :( But your setup looks SWEET!

never understand cases with that much ventilation. its like asking to shower in em waves.

Back