Transfer HD/SSD from X58/P55 to P8P67 Motherboard. Won't boot.

SmartDriver

Limp Gawd
I have games and programs on a HD and SSD.

So I have 1 HD and 1 SSD and both loaded with individual Win7 OS.

Both drives worked fine when I swap it back and forth on i7 X58 mobo and i5 P55 mobo.

But now that I wanted to use those drives on my i7 P8P67 mobo, it would not boot.

I decided to format the 1 HD to see if it works and it worked on i7 P8P67 after format, but now I gotta reinstall everything and do updates, load my favorites sites and so on.

Before formatting my 1 SSD, i wanted to get some advice on making it work on my i7 P8P67 mobo without formatting if possible? I'm thinking it has to do something with the registry?

Try moving it back to IDE and seeing what happens. Also, please define not booting..do you get an error message or does it just dump from the loading screen? Also, you posted this in General Gaming for some reason, I'm moving it over to the Operating Systems forum.

Try moving it back to IDE and seeing what happens. Also, please define not booting..do you get an error message or does it just dump from the loading screen? Also, you posted this in General Gaming for some reason, I'm moving it over to the Operating Systems forum.

Ok, miracle worker! It worked, now I only wish I had thought of asking sooner before formatting that 1st drive. At least I don't have another headache. Wheew!

Do I switch it back to AHCI?

@jeremyshaw, Thanks!
@Oldie, Thank you!

Back