AMD [H]ardOCP GamExperience

HardOCP News

[H] News
We now have an AMD [H]ardOCP GamExperience Facebook page up. The page just went live so we want everyone to head on over and click the "like" button! What are you still doing here? Go check it out!

PLEASE LIKE ME ON FACEBOOK PLEASE HIT THE LIKE BUTTON PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE MY WHOLE LIFE IS VALIDATED BY HOW MANY PEOPLE LIKE ME ON FACEBOOK.

Yeah, how about no?

I think you might be headed in the wrong direction with this facebook stuff.

Yeah, we know how you feel. Don't worry, it will be far from our only form of communication with you guys on this. We will stay true blue to our HardForum users.

If I did facebook, I'd like you. But I don't soo

I don't like you..

I refuse to facebook anything. I don't have an account, I have never seen a facebook page,respond to facebook related offers, etc, etc. I am SICK of companies using facebook as a portal.

It is just business. I understand. Not on facebook but if I was I would throw you a like.

The more people that like H, the more $$ H can get from advertising. All good.

This just stinks of what a local radio station does, and annoys the shit out of me. "We are going to tell you about THIS GREAT AWESOME THING....BUT, you have to go to our FACEBOOK page and LIKE US because the Facebook gets all the news first." So, the avenue of media that gets the most exposure, the fucking radio channel itself, gets the backseat to the trendy minority -- Facebook.

Same thing here. The original social network avenue, the forum, gets sidelined for Facebook. Now, to clarify, I don't give a fuck about The AMD GamExperience. But, I really don't want to see this type of promotional bullshit become more prevalent here when you can easily go back to spamming the front page news with "product release" blurbs, per the usual.

I refuse to facebook anything. I don't have an account, I have never seen a facebook page,respond to facebook related offers, etc, etc. I am SICK of companies using facebook as a portal.

And that is fine, we get it. But from the business perspective, we cannot ignore it given the user base that does rely on it. We are not forcing FB on you, it is simply another channel that we are using.

Same thing here. The original social network avenue, the forum, gets sidelined for Facebook.

Actually it is far from that. I set up the FB page and planned on having all discussions happen here on the forums. The FB page is just a new tool to help promote and communicate details of the event to people that would not normally visit the [H] forums.

You guys have nothing to worry about ;) We will be posting more info and details on the event on the main [H] page and mirroring the info on the forums and FB.

Feel free to PM me directly from the forum if you have any questions.

So many haters. You'd think we're in 4chan. Don't forget Facebook can save your life when doing laundry.

I liked the page. I'll be keeping an eye on it, though I highly doubt I'll ever come to Texas. Got a Maryland vacation planned for the end of July.

However if anyone can find it in their generous heart to ship me their free hardware, PM me and I'll give you my shipping address :-D

I liked it. The facebook bashing gets old. It's not like Steve is spamming [H] with Farmville requests.

Liked. Six months ago I would have been up in arms with the rest of the haters. However, since actually setting up a page I find that I use Facebook more and more just for the newsfeed. I no longer have to visit dozens of websites to see the latest news, it all comes to me.

I liked it. The facebook bashing gets old. It's not like Steve is spamming [H] with Farmville requests.

This. Reminds me of nothing more than the goth kids back in highschool scoffing at anything that might be cool/popular.

If you don't like FB, don't do it. No one is holding a gun to your head. They are just trying to do some PR for this site and AMD who is offering some giveawya and door prizes to readers of our site. Give them a fucking break. Sounds like a bunch of spoiled ass kids around here.

Simply put; I prefer my relationships to be with real people, not online personas.
Remember Facebook emerged as a mechanism for college kids to "hook up". I'm an old married guy and the only hook up I'm interested in is 220v for my MIG welder. :D

Facebook != random online chat with unknowns, such as WoW, this forum and various other sources of online communications. Facebook keeps you in touch with your real friends and families.

I just think it's funny that [H]news says go to Facebook and the pic that Steve posted from Facebook has the first staus update as go to [H]forum to join the discussion. It's a big merry go round.

Facebook != random online chat with unknowns, such as WoW, this forum and various other sources of online communications. Facebook keeps you in touch with your real friends and families.

This is true... but so many people randomly friend you... and many people just add them. I don't though.

Back