Project: Dipp - 18 June | The start

Stark.Jr

n00b
namnlsqu.png

Hello!
I have been sitting on this side for nearly 2 years, and been regristrerad in 1 hour so now i feel that i have to start the project i have been planing for like 1year :cool: :D
It is the first time I write a project log and my first time making a real attempt to modify a case and start writing in English on the Internet.
(My English is so bad that I use Google translate to spell and form mud me as right as possible)
But you on this site have compelled that I must try when there are so very many beautiful and wonderful buildings.
The construction that has made that I've chosen to make my project and made my goals are:
http://www.bit-tech.net/modding/2008/10/28/apple-core-duo-by-cyprio/1

So now I take the collar and presents my building:
The name came to me from what I felt I want to achieve with my project, and it was these words:
Design
Innovative
Staff
Passion

and now to the case and my ideas.
The case, which I will modify a Powermacs that I got hold of 4 months ago, but the project has been the plan led to almost a year.
What I had in mind and make the chassis was to change it so that I can get a water cooling system for an ATX system.
It can be seen on skis further down that I want to fit a 2x120 and 3x120 radiator, then I would also be able to press two 80mm fans in the rear of the chassis.
I have come quite so long in my head how I should have most of it and how it should look like, but I still have an incredible number of ideas that are smoldering and that I would like to test.

My skises:
unledhxj.png

lolarna.png

And my first try to rendering it:
datornnummer22011061719.png

So here I have now presented the building and this is what I have so far managed to today:
img0231pnz.jpg

img0258oy.jpg

img0256uy.jpg

dsc0308kn.jpg

dsc0303g.jpg

dsc0310lz.jpg

dsc0314g.jpg

dsc0316y.jpg

And right befor i did leave the case i did dismount it:
dsc0319kq.jpg

This is all from me right now but will come more later,
//Stark.JR

Last edited:
Hi all:)

Now I have begun to get started with the integration of my back on the rear of the Case.
I have also done so I can remove the CPU cooling without having to remove the motherboard.
dsc0306sn.jpg

dsc0318vy.jpg

I have recessed screws so I will be able to glue them first and then draw a layer of putty over so it becomes smooth and fine.
dsc0316pu.jpg

Then I also started to make a filling which has no metal and it seems to be pretty okay.
dsc0312x.jpg

And some of the motherbord hanging in the air:
dsc0309f.jpg

dsc0317kt.jpg

Once it is clear to the back ready to be glued and screwed together, and then they get sick a lot of nice work: D

This is all from me right now but i hope i have one more update this week :D

//Stark.JR

Last edited:
Looks interesting. I always loved the looks of those cases (but wasn't willing to pay the Apple tax ;) )

Looks interesting. I always loved the looks of those cases (but wasn't willing to pay the Apple tax ;) )

i wasnt wiling to pay it ether :) so then its just to kick Steve Jobs in his nuts and make a x58 system in it insteed :D

Looking good, where did you get the extra holed aluminum to cover where the fans were?

I found an old g5 case at a junkyard that was completely broken, sawn and shit.
So I took it home and re-used it as worked, and then it was a little bit I found that was okay, not completely broken :)

but you can also buy some mesh that will fitt :)

//Stark.JR

Hey all :p

Today I had a little time after work so I have started epoxy glue the back cover.
It was not quite as easy as I had thought it would be but time, some of it was good or not, the fact it takes 12 hours for the glue to dry.
This is the glue I use and it must be sick so strong hope that and the screws are able to keep everything together.
dsc0311t.jpg

Also received a small boost of the good weather that I would shoot out, so took my stuff that I had sanded down and went out in the sun and began to shoot:
dsc0310sq.jpg

dsc0308n.jpg

dsc0304dv.jpg

dsc0306h.jpg

Unfortunately, I do not really photographer I thought I was :( but you can see what it is anyway haha

Here are pictures of the glue before mixing:
url]

Here are some pictures of when I put on the adhesive and the heated 200 degrees when it gets particularly strong when:
dsc0315x.jpg

dsc0318o.jpg

And last but not least, I have just found out where my hard drives to be, and I will just run the 2.5 drives (SSD) in this project when I have such a small place and has begun planning for a computer that will become the server:)
dsc0321p.jpg

This was all from me right now but maybe one more update this week will see how much it is at work ;)

/ / Stark.Jr

hello all again today :)

Here's a quick little update on how things have gone for me with epoxy glue and sanding.

How did it look like now after it had stood for 24 hours of drying time:
img1068gx.jpg

I can say that this epoxy glue is so sick tight that there is :D, because I tried which is to share it when I realized that I had failed to put your stuff that holds the video cards, sound cards and the like :wallbash: . But it did not really get away I tried with that which existed even with chemicals, but it did not come off so I had to drill more holes in the chassis and replacing the graphics card holder.

How it looked after I got your graphics card slot and avoid of any excess glue that was left:
dsc0312is.jpg

On this picture you can see even my little problem I have but do it later.

I can also say that I am incredibly pleased with myself how awesome I have managed to fit into coherent with each other, the thought that the little extra Bitten I sawed out and put in would be completely skewed to those sides who is already in line with the chassis :dremel: :LOL:
dsc0313t.jpg

Here you can see even better how coherent fits in line with each other:
dsc0306dd.jpg

And now for my major, or perhaps a small problem I have:
dsc0317l.jpg

One sees it not so well but the problem is that I have sanded a little too much on the edge so you can see my graphics card holder and what I wonder is what putty is to be used anyway?
Is there anyone knowledgeable in this area that could explain why I should use such a filler?

In the end I really can think of to keep there and would sit down would be fiber filler, but I can type anything so I ask you for help :)

/ / Stark.JR

Well!
project is now DEAD!
I'm pretty clumsy of me as I know, and today I would go to work and I would have with me my chassis when I had your time off in 2hours after lunch so thought of taking your there and drill into all the little ways that would make again.
I put it behind my car last night since I run in and eat and total forgetting that the chassis is out there and behind the car.
I wake up and sit in the car to go and hear only that I cans of something.
What I backed off on every my chassis, I have thus total wreck it by backing it with my trailer hitch.

But yesterday was good in all cases were filled in the order of all edges so they were straight and neat and everything else:
dsc0320je.jpg

dsc0321l.jpg

dsc0325w.jpg

dsc0326k.jpg

dsc0327pg.jpg

And last but not least, today's work:
dsc0330k.jpg

dsc0333j.jpg

So now this project is finished and probably my strength to be mod again, was so damn angry and tired of everything now that this happened.

// Stark.JR over and out

Stark -
You had a good concept to mod the G5. I hope you get to the point in the future to try again.
I was looking forward to following your build. I am really sorry that this accident happened, though.

And on a positive note, you have more case material to fill in areas for the I/O panel. :D

damn shame, sorry to hear about that.

That is a sweet mod! Jk that really sucks and im sorry to see that.

Lol was gonna say the same thing :D

That's too bad to hear, I had liked where this was headed. Oh well, there's always next time.

Yeah that was shaping up to be one hell of a cool mod.

Stark -
You had a good concept to mod the G5. I hope you get to the point in the future to try again.
I was looking forward to following your build. I am really sorry that this accident happened, though.

And on a positive note, you have more case material to fill in areas for the I/O panel. :D

Okay guys and girls fun that you like and I am glad indeed.
I know that all those hours I have spent on this case, I think hell do not give up because I've been so damn clumsy: (so I will take this case as a side project when I have an old case mod that I also would like to do so will try to run both at the same time:)
So I hope maybe I can strengthen and straighten the frame again so I can get my beauty case ready for water and Components: D

/ / Stark.Jr

Well all :)

Now the project has come to life again :D
Today as I lay in bed sulking that my project was broken and I had no set, so I decided to try and revive the broken frame.
Unfortunately it was impossible to cook for a piece of the frame had apparently broken :(
So I thought I do not care about it and wind up the project, but then like a bolt from the blue struck down in the head why not make the inner part of the acrylic I've actually pretty much pieces of various sizes.
So I set out to start measuring and cutting, and here are pictures how everything has gone for me :D

This is when I saw the plexiet:

img1073t.jpg

Now I have sawn clear and should start making them round the edges of acrylic:

img1076tc.jpg

Here is the first piece of acrylic bent to the shape it should take (Back Page):

img1078tb.jpg

img1079tn.jpg

Now I have bent two pieces together and check how the fit is:

img1083dn.jpg

img1080b.jpg

Without the framework for:

img1085ch.jpg

I will put acrylic rods on 1x1cm around everything that I should be able to get it stronger and to the sides will sit down with the other aluminum frame:)
I hope that I will make a nice frame of acrylic that will fit into the second part:) then everything must be filled and painted Otherwise it will be ugly stretch where I should splice them together and screw heads will be visible :(

This was all from me right now but more updates will likely tomorrow :D

/ / Stark.Jr

It's back!

Great idea. This should make for a very unique and slick case!

Hi all :)
Im just going to say that im on My way to get a new G5 case tomorow if i can winn the bid :D
So Tomorow i can say if i did get it or not :D

I also want to say to you all that the thing Whit acryl is not going to work.
I dont have the skillz to work Whit That materiell :(
So i hope i Will winn it so i can restart all :)

// stark.jr

[sent from iphone]

I have new got a deal, and i will pick up my new PowerMac case next week so i will rename the projekt to Restart :D

I hope you will start follow it agien :D

//Stark.Jr

Hi all :)

Now start everything over again :D , and I have been absent on holiday, but now I'm at home and at work.

I know that after my wonderful vacation that I have regained strength and energy to take hold of my case again after my great tragedy.

and I have with my last ragged case learned an incredible lot of things that I can get better at this time instead.
I hope you will follow this project and give me the same kind comments earlier.

But here's my work that I have done the last two days, and I feel somehow that I have done this here so it will not be lots of pictures of disassembled picking chassis or so ago when I would take a befor and after picture it was of course the camera battery out when I would take the befor picture.

But here's those pictures I have taken in all cases:

dsc0329j.jpg

dsc0334g.jpg

dsc0344j.jpg

dsc0336jg.jpg

Im going to cut out where the paint is and i will sand it down for the glueing, and then i will all most be where i was befor ;)

Over and out!

//S.Jr

Hello everyone! :p

Today has been a productive day and will get more work done today.
First i went out shopping:
dsc0376shd.jpg

What I have been successful to do is to cut out that last little piece that was out of the Business Case that I could get a nice back with lots of holes without having to drill them all.

After that my second case I had was over driving so had of course now have access to lots of mesh to the new Case.

And then I thought that I could cut out as an amplifier of the mesh so it will not be as hard to drill through the first cohesive glue then through the aluminum.
So I have made so that all the holes aligned so that it is just to get the glue out halls.

To keep them in place, I had pinned them so that they can not move.

Here are some pictures of it all:
dsc0346o.jpg

dsc0350hn.jpg

dsc0356kb.jpg

dsc0373ui.jpg

dsc0381f.jpg

dsc0386jb.jpg

the last photo shows how bad i did glue, becus its evry where :grr:

I will also be out on 1 hour and heat the glue when it says on the box to 200 degrees will make the glue 30 times as strong :dremel:

/ / S. Jr

Hi all! :)

Today I have little pictures for you showing how good everything has been put together.

I can actually say to myself that I am impressed how well all holes are in a row and you do not see much difference on where it is glued or not :dremel: .

I think after I have filled a few times and not have it all down so you will not see at all that I've glued and drilled up all the ways to get a clean back.
dsc0306s.jpg

dsc0311d.jpg

but there are still many days left and I have just glued my last part on the back:
dsc0313s.jpg

I will post this to start working with the front so I get a start button, USB, audio, mic and CD ejection button. :D

I hope you like my work and do you have any kind of comments or things I should fix / improve it, just say. :p

//S.Jr

Awesome work mate, I dropped my G5 case down 2 flights of stairs, but all I got was a few scratches... You messed yours right up

Glad to see you haven't given up! It'll look nice when its done.

Did anyone notice the picture that says "ass fiber paste"?
Yes it was one that have said that to me befor ;) but it was on a other site :)

Awesome work mate, I dropped my G5 case down 2 flights of stairs, but all I got was a few scratches... You messed yours right up

Glad to see you haven't given up! It'll look nice when its done.

Yes mine was destroid :( but as you can see im not giving up :)

//S.Jr

Hello everyone :D
Now is the time to show what I have had time for yesterday and today.

What has been done is that I have drilled out all the ways that had glue in it to get back, and I can say that this was really really tough, I sat for about 3 hours and drilled out each hole, but if you want something nice may you stand out or what?
dsc0310t.jpg

Then when all the holes were finished so I thought I start putty, but after that I'm so resourceful/stupid and impulsive so I took out a jar and started to spray for me to know where I would need most fillers.
but as I found out after I made ​​it was really stupid when I really knew before that I would need putty evry where I have been glued.
dsc0321a.jpg

Then after that I would test fit the I/O plate and then noticed very quickly that there was a run of about 1.5 mm and it works of course not really.
So it was just out with fiberglass filler and fill up.
dsc0326fn.jpg

After the glass fibers dried so I will not have it down to a smooth line so I could:
dsc0332v.jpg

Unfortunately, since when I drilled out the directions to I/O plate so came off a little bit but must fill it in later.
dsc0329z.jpg

And here are pictures of the finished result on the back, and I've also filled in order not to see that there is something you glued.
dsc0334l.jpg

dsc0338l.jpg

dsc0341s.jpg

dsc0345lt.jpg

But now a much more boring thing you have to take care of times when you have done a lot of mess and when you have not really had time to fix the dried, cleaned and here are some pictures of how it looked when I was done for the day with the chassis:
dsc0351iv.jpg

And after:
dsc0355r.jpg

And now that day's work is clear and I out in the sun and enjoy a few beers from my dad and recent projects that went for about 3 months:
dsc0356tb.jpg

dsc0357cm.jpg

Have a good now, everybody :D

/ / S. Jr

Back