Craigslist Crook of the Day

HardOCP News

[H] News
I don't care what that stoner chick that works the help desk at Best Buy says, placing an ad on Craigslist is not the best way to buy weed. :eek:

A 31-year-old Vernon man faces drug possession charges after allegedly placing an advertisement seeking marijuana on Craigslist. Police say members of the Statewide Narcotics Task Force took Michael Krebes into custody on Thursday afternoon in the parking lot of a fast-food restaurant where he allegedly went to pick up the pot.

Umm I think weed is less dangeress as a legal substance then alcohol. But being dumb doesn't just limit it's self to pot heads lol Oh I dont do any drugs, alcohol or even smoke for that matter..

With the processing, court costs, and imprisonment of what was probably a tax paying citizen, the state will probably have to lay off another teacher to pay for it! Which will lead to another generation less educated with less opportunities for employment who will probably sell drugs to make ends meet, who will ... LATHER, RINSE, REPEAT. 40 year anniversary of the War on Drugs and for what? :confused: :mad:

disappointed Steve... let's try to make some changes instead of ridiculing (indirectly or not) the so-called 'offender' ffs you and and EVERYONE else knows how fucked up everything is.... help make a change, especially you and Kyle.... c'mon mates.... if you don't agree take me off of facebook as a 'friend' really.

I don't smoke pot, but it should be legal. Wasted man hours on a fucking plant that God put on the Earth.

While I'm firmly in the camp that thinks it should just be legalized and taxed like cigarettes or alcohol, I do think the story is still an amusing one. It's just ridiculous to think that you can go posting an ad for weed on a public and very popular site like Craigslist and not get busted. Whatever your personal feelings are about it, it's still illegal, and doing illegal things on Craigslist seems like a bad plan!

While I'm firmly in the camp that thinks it should just be legalized and taxed like cigarettes or alcohol, I do think the story is still an amusing one. It's just ridiculous to think that you can go posting an ad for weed on a public and very popular site like Craigslist and not get busted. Whatever your personal feelings are about it, it's still illegal, and doing illegal things on Craigslist seems like a bad plan!

Yeah, this ^^ +1, I am for legalization (seriously, DEA, weed is more dangerous than cocaine?) and taxation :D

And I'm in the camp for post more articles like this. This is natural selection, if your dumb enough to post illegal crap on facebook, your dumb enough to do time for it. Yes pot should be legal, but its not.

So he wanted it, and didn't get it, and was sent to jail?

So if I ask for something, and don't even get it, I can go to jail?

When does seeking = possession?

Why didn't they wait and get the dealers that have the drugs? (they would be a smaller number to control no?)

What will happen later, if this continues?

So who was in possession of the pot that he tried to buy? The cops? Isn't that entrapment?

Freakin' scum! I'm glad the cops are keeping dangerous slimeballs off the streets. People who want to kick back, relax, and smoke are a threat to the well-being of everyone else.

It's a matter of national security; these degenerates are endangering the National Dorito Reserve.

The older I get and the more I think about how the "Land of the Free" is anything but free it makes my blood boil reading stuff like this.

disappointed Steve... let's try to make some changes instead of ridiculing (indirectly or not) the so-called 'offender' ffs you and and EVERYONE else knows how fucked up everything is.... help make a change, especially you and Kyle.... c'mon mates.... if you don't agree take me off of facebook as a 'friend' really.

What?:confused:

This is not about your opinion on whether weed should be legalized or not. This is about an idiot who tries to obtain something that is illegal by law on a public forum. You've got to be a retard to do that.

Just saw this on the news today. Craigslist should come with a "use at your own risk" disclaimer.

I'm glad I didn't get shot buying my kayak a few weeks ago. :rolleyes:

this is my obligatory alcohol and tobacco is more dangerous (yet legal) than cannabis post.

I just don't understand how Tobacco and alcohol are legal given those two combined have killed PLENTY of people throughout the years. I'm not a smoker of tobacco, or MJ, but I do believe MJ should be legal. Other drugs that are equal in danger to tobacco and alcohol should be as well. Shit, with the government broke as shit right now, maybe they should think about that. Just place constraints on them like tobacco and alcohol.

I don't smoke cannabis, drink, or smoke cigs, but I really don't care if anyone else wants to, America is all about personal choice, or at least it used to be. The America we're living in now is a welfare, warfare, nanny-state, and it's disgusting. George Washington is rolling over in his grave all day every day.

Just legalize it. Enough with this waste of taxpayer money and criminalization for a (relatively) harmless high. I hate these kinds of stories, but still the dumbass is using Craigslist?? Really!?

When does seeking = possession?

Why didn't they wait and get the dealers that have the drugs? (they would be a smaller number to control no?)

What will happen later, if this continues?

Minority Report here we come!

nevermind the pot, he was arrested for being a dumbass.

This.

Like most of the people in this thread, I think Canibis should be legal, but as long as it's not and your stupid enough to go out and ask for it publicly.... He might as well have walked into the police station and told them he was a pothead and to arrest him...

They should have told him "meet me on the train tracks at 10:10" with the 10:15 being ahead of schedule...
(nope that's not about the drug issue, thats about his stupidity...)

Yes. Just like if you approach a prostitute and ask for some special "services." You can be arrested for soliciting sex. The cops set up sting scenarios that play out like this all the time. Solicitation or intent are grounds for arrest under certain circumstances.

This can't be a new concept for you. :confused:

I just don't understand how Tobacco and alcohol are legal given those two combined have killed PLENTY of people throughout the years. I'm not a smoker of tobacco, or MJ, but I do believe MJ should be legal. Other drugs that are equal in danger to tobacco and alcohol should be as well. Shit, with the government broke as shit right now, maybe they should think about that. Just place constraints on them like tobacco and alcohol.

Common Sense = not in our government....

It's changing though, slowly, but surely....

I think some people missed the point or just want to get on a soapbox and push an agenda/position.

Let me help you guys out:

If you are seeking illegal materials and/or services do not solicit for them via a public forum esp. one that is known to be observed by law enforcement officials.

So who was in possession of the pot that he tried to buy? The cops? Isn't that entrapment?

I'm kinda curious too.. It said he was arrested for possession of less than 4 ounces (WTF? There is a huge difference between a dime bag and a quarter pound.. same penalty?)

My question is - did he already have some pot when he went there or did the cops give it to him?

I think this image sums it up:
http://tinypic.com/r/2hyyuyv/7

Actually that comic is not a very effective argument at all.
The examples that the author compares to weed are harmful acts of aggression. Simply put, possession of a controlled substance is a victimless crime. Shooting up heroin/drinking alcohol/smoking weed while driving a school bus full of kids is not a victimless crime.
The argument of "it is wrong because it is illegal" is a very very dangerous one. As citizens we have the right to oppose our government if we disagree. This can be as simple as writing a letter to your congressman. Just because an act is illegal, it doesn't make it wrong.
Did you know black people weren't allowed to use the same water fountains as white people by law?
Don't forget that our government is full of ELECTED officials. We decide right and wrong, not some omnipotent law maker.

Actually that comic is not a very effective argument at all.
I know...I'm just screwing around :p

Sadly, there are a lot of people who think that being illegal = being wrong. I am not one of them, of course!

Some things are wrong and illegal, like murder and rape. Some things are not wrong but illegal, like drugs. Some things are wrong but legal, like throwing someone into prison for choosing to put something in their body.

Simply put, possession of a controlled substance is a victimless crime. Shooting up heroin/drinking alcohol/smoking weed while driving a school bus full of kids is not a victimless crime.
(emphasis is mine)

This is the differentiation that so many people miss.

I'll go so far as to say that, while Canabis should be legal, it should have restrictions just like alcohol. If you want to stay home and get stoned to the gills, that's fine, your not endangering anyone. BUT if you want to get stoned to the gills then get behind the wheel of a car, then you should still be pulled over and arrested because your endangering others.

(emphasis is mine)

This is the differentiation that so many people miss.

I'll go so far as to say that, while Canabis should be legal, it should have restrictions just like alcohol. If you want to stay home and get stoned to the gills, that's fine, your not endangering anyone. BUT if you want to get stoned to the gills then get behind the wheel of a car, then you should still be pulled over and arrested because your endangering others.
That's how it's treated in the states where it's not illegal.

Wow. Must have been a bored police department if they are on craigslist...

Back