Armored Glove Puts Out 500,000 Volts

HardOCP News

[H] News
Built in 500,000 volt stun gun? Check. Laser sight? Check. Video camera? Check. Endorsed by Kevin Costner? Check. Bad ass armored glove to put it all in? CHECK!

Equipped with a highvoltage stunner, video camera, laser pointer and flashlight, the armor sleeve is intended to prevent violent situations. The invention was designed by David Brown, a cameraman, editor and producer who makes a living filming musical acts such as Rage Against the Machine and Snoop Dogg, as well as behind-the-scenes movie footage for the actor Kevin Costner, a friend and BodyGuard investor.

I'm thinking "Pushy" from Fallout: New Vegas. Nothing else could quite toss a Deathclaw across a map like that little glove.

Second thing that came to mind was this:

powerglove.jpg

Old school Mattel "Power Glove" from years past. Yeah, I'm old... ;)

Brown developed the concept for the device one evening in 2004, when he and some friends were discussing a recent mountain lion attack in a nearby Orange County park that had left one cyclist dead and another maimed.
Cuz that shit happens all the time...:rolleyes:

He needs to team up with this guy:
troy-10_low.jpg

That way they got that rampant bear/mountain lion threat completely covered.

I thought it was cool until I realized that the tazer thingy does not shoot out where the lazer pointer is pointing.

power fist? fuck year i want one so i can smash the skulls of heretics, aliens and the unclean.

The real question is, does he hear a loud voice shout "Humiliation!" when he hits someone with it? ;)

Retarded.

Men have a natural heightened ability to aim and you have great dexterity in your hands and wrist, so you might as well use it with a multishot taser to gain range, that can have the head pulled off in a nano-second to use as a handheld device if you've used all three shots or just want to add a more personal touch with a hand delivery of pain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raJWhxcEyO0
^ teach those bitches to leave the kitchen w/o bringing sammiches

Would like to see the Jackass guys get their hands on some of these...

But you've got to wear a stupid uncomfortable glove the whole time. Why is this better than having a tazer? It isn't.

I love some of the comments on the pop sci site. Some of them here are similar. Personally I can see a use for something like this. There are plenty of situations where an officer is already up an close when someone takes a swing at him. At that point the taser can't be deployed, but this thing could. Also think about prison guards and riot situations. I remember when the bullet resistant vests were first proposed for police. Everybody said the same thing - they are too heavy, too hot, will cause criminals to escalate and shoot for the head, etc. All of that proved to be wrong and most police wear vests today, and they are safer because of it. This could turn out the same way. I could see the shock device mounted differently, maybe such that if someone grabbed the arm piece, the wearer could trigger it and force them to release it. A mace sprayer could integrated. Lots of other short range weapons could be deployed, like high intensity light, ultrasonics, etc. Think of this as a last resort when everything else fails and you still find yourself wrestling with a suspect.

Ok is it just me? Or am I right in saying that if you apply the charge and the victim is touching you the victim would effectively close the circuit, resulting in both of you being shocked...

Unless it has the possibility to deploy a force shield, it's pretty useless when threatened with a gun.

I feel sorry for the bloke who forgot to take it off when taking a quick wank

Back