Mini ITX H67 Silent Gaming System

Mousemagician

Limp Gawd
Hello SFF maniacs,
Finally, after weeks of projecting, measuring, and second thoughts, I built my new ITX gaming system.
The aim was to build a
Small Form Factor Silent Gaming System, with the new Sandy Bridge technology.
I enjoyed a lot my former gaming system with an Intel LGA1366 i7 920 and 2x fanless Gigabyte HD 4850 in CrossfireX in a case Antec P182, but I felt it was time to upgrade to the new Sandy in smaller factor.
I have to admit this build has been much more problematic than imagined, but I like challenges, and still it needs some tweaks.
The first thing I did was to ask directly the major ITX motherboard manufacturers about any future release of P67 ITX boards. I opened this thread showing all the answers.

These are the components that I’ve chosen for the build (in parenthesis the reseller):

Case
: LianLi PC-Q08 black (eBay.com)
MoBo
: Gigabyte GA-H67N-USB3-B3 (Newegg.com)
CPU
: Intel i7 2600K (local Microcenter)
RAM
: 8GB (2 x 4GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 (Newegg.com)
VGA
: XFX HD6950 2GB (Newegg.com)
HD
: Crucial RealSSD C300 128GB SATA III (Newegg.com)
PSU
: Cooler Master Silent PRO M700 (from my former system)
Fan controller
: Crystalfontz DB635-AKTMF-KU3 (Crystalfontz.com)
Aftermarkets:

CPU cooler
: Thermalright AXP-140 RT (Heatsinkfactory.com)
GPU cooler
: Scythe Setsugen 2 (Newegg.com)
Case fans
: Scythe Slip Stream Kaze Maru2 140 series 1,700RPM 92.4CFM (Newegg.com)
VRM heatsinks
: Enzotech BCC9 pure copper heatsinks 14 x 14 x 9 mm 8 piece set (Newegg.com)
Thermal Material Remover
: ArctiClean 1 & 2 (Heatsinkfactory.com)
allcomponents.jpg

This is what I got at the end of the building:
external03.jpg

Last edited:
I decided to use the LianLi PC-Q08 after realizing that the Q11 (my favorite Mini-ITX case thus far) couldn’t host the HD6950 (it accepted at max the HD5850). Nonetheless, the Q11 is big enough to have a GTX570 installed, but the card costs almost $50 more than the HD6950 2GB; moreover, I wanted to flash the HD6950 2GB to HD6970, so similar performances than the GTX570, at lower price.
The alternative case could have been the Silverstone SG07 but, at that time, I thought to use the Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme Plus, and it didn’t fit in the SG07. Only later I realized that the Xtreme Plus couldn’t fit in the PC-Q08 as well.
Anyways, I suppose it could be determinant that the PC-Q08 offers better ventilation than the Q11 and SG07.

The 2 LianLi fans included in the case would have been changed with 2 Scythe Slip Stream Kaze Maru2 140 series 1,700RPM 92.4CFM. These 14cm Scythe fans have a high CFM and 12cm mounting holes, good for the exhaust 12cm fan on the top while I needed an adapter for the front intake that was for a 14cm fan. This upgrade will be a failure (see below).

Last edited:
First of all, as confirmed by the manufacturers, no P67 ITX boards will see the market, never! Thus, the H67 chipset was inevitable.
I wouldn’t go with Zotac because of high price, many customer assistance and quality control problems, and IMPOLITE, since never answered my email. Most of all, the stamped circuits close to the back of the CPU made this board incompatible with CPU heatsinks that needed a backplate, such as the AXP-140.
No Intel as well: too conservative, supporting the i5 at max.
No Asus, since their H67 was expensive and supporting 204 pin SO-DIMM memory.
I hoped to get the ECS H67, because of the full size mini-PCIe, low price (I suppose), clean back CPU for CPU heatsink backplate, and very helpful communication when asked about P67/Z68 ETA; but their H67 will be on the market only at the end of Jun 2011!
Foxconn was still unavailable at the time of building, but even if attracting for its perfect PSU position, it missed any goodies such as SATA III, USB3.0, and shoed problems setting RAM at 1333 MHz. Same thing for Giadatech.
At the end of the day, I opted for the Gigabyte GA-H67N-USB3-B3. I could also have purchased the AsRock H67M-ITX/HT, with mini-PCIe for similar price, but it wasn’t in stock at Newegg when I purchase my stuff.
I think that I wouldn’t be disappointed by Gigabyte: solid manufacturer, good customer assistance, well experienced in this form factor, thanks to the fantastic H55 ITX board! I will survive without mini-PCIe (I hope). I’m attracted by the double HDMI port; I’m unpleased by the absence of internal heathers for USB3.0.
mobo01.jpg

Last edited:
I know, I cannot overclock with the H67 chipset (thank you Intel, this is very smart!). But I built the system waiting for an upgrade to Z68 when it will be released.
Anyways, I was coming from an i7 920 and, to justify the switch, I wanted the best out there; the 2600K is the best you can get today as Sandy Bridge CPU!
cpu01e.jpg

Last edited:
vga05.jpg

The reason for this monster was the possibility to flash the BIOS to a HD6970! I opted for the XFX because of the double life warranty even after changing the cooler, but only for Nord American customers, after email communication to the company in order “to upgrade the specs of the system”. XFX warranty states:
XFX understands that some enthusiasts may choose to replace the original component with their own cooling solution. To support the gaming community, we recommend that you contact XFX prior to any modifications so that we can update your profile and product registration to avoid potential issues with warranty support.
As matter of fact, I switched the VGA cooler with a Scythe Setsugen 2 and Enzotech BCC9 copper VRM coolers.

To say the truth, I hoped to use the Noctua NH-C14 using the bottom fan only. Thanks to the helpful discussion on my other thread, you guys told me out of it! Thanks a lot, it wouldn’t have fit!
So, the Thermalright AXP-140 is the biggest and coolest (in all senses) heatsink for a sandy Bridge ITX board.
axp14026.jpg

Here some steps of installation:

The backplate
axp14007.jpg

The frame
axp14015.jpg

Antec Silver thermal paste
axp14016.jpg

Securing to the frame
axp14019.jpg

HUGE!!!
axp14021.jpg

axp14025.jpg

It fits just fine!
axp14022.jpg

vga08.jpg

vga09.jpg

vga13.jpg

Last edited:
ram01i.jpg

This was the best bang for the buck: $80 from Newegg.com, thanks to a sale and $10 gift card from Newegg. I knew that the tall heatsinks will be incompatible with the CPU cooler Thermalright AXP-140; mod needed here.
ram04.jpg

ram05.jpg

I found this thread explaining that it was feasible to get rid of the spreaders, and I did it:
ram07.jpg

ram09.jpg

axp14020.jpg

Last edited:
This was a tough decision. I began with the Xtreme Plus, but thanks to this thread, I realized that there wasn't enough room inside the Q08. The same was for the Thermalright Shaman. Then I considered seriously the Thermalright T-Rad2 GTX, but same problem: not clearance! The maximum clearance inside the Q08 was, in fact, 46mm! Only the Scythe Setsugen 2 would have had enough room. There is one concerning review about the Setsugen 2 but, after handling it, this seemed to me quite a solid VGA cooler.
setsugen01.jpg

The addition of the Enzotech RAM heatsinks was surprisingly efficient.
enzotech01.jpg

Here some steps of installing the Setsugen 2:
The back of the HD6950
setsugen02.jpg

Without the plate
setsugen03.jpg

After unscrewing the cooler support
setsugen04.jpg

The stock cooler without cover
setsugen05.jpg

Unplugging the stock fan
setsugen06.jpg

The stock cooler is out
setsugen08.jpg

After cleaning contact surfaces
setsugen09.jpg

Installing the VRM heatsinks
setsugen10.jpg

Backplate in position
setsugen11.jpg

DONE!
setsugen12.jpg

Perfect clearance
setsugen13.jpg

setsugen16.jpg

setsugen18.jpg

Then, I thought to switch the slim Scythe fan with a 2.5cm high CFM fan...
setsugen20.jpg

BAD IDEA!!! The taller fan touches with the bottom of the case, damn!
setsugen24.jpg

So, back to the slim one...
setsugen30.jpg

Now, it's okay!!!

Last edited:
Just a few words about this SSD: it’s the more affordable reliable SATA III SSD with reasonable space for Win 7 and some games.
ssd01.jpg

I installed it beneath the drive cage, with some issues about the screw holes…
ssd03.jpg

Here a short video

Here something I desired to have since long time ago.

This is a professional PC controller and, I admit, takes a quite demanding learning curve.
crystalfontz06.jpg

crystalfontz07.jpg

Plugging the USB connectors (quite flimsy)

crystalfontz09.jpg

Fitting it in
crystalfontz13.jpg

crystalfontz17.jpg

Temperature sensors
crystalfontz14.jpg

crystalfontz16.jpg

crystalfontz18.jpg

Installed

[FONT=&quot]
crystalfontz20.jpg

[/FONT]

Last edited:
I realized that on the bottom of the case, whit the HD supporting bracket installed, the front 14cm intake fan produced a nice breeze blowing directly to the VGA. Why not upgrade to a serious air moving fan to increase such a VGA cooling? A couple of these Scythe fans seemed the best solution to me.

The fan in the front needed a 14cm to 12cm adapter, or this easier but still effective solution:
fan03.jpg

fan04.jpg

For the top exhaust fan, the holes are perfect, the fan a little tight:
fan05.jpg

fan06.jpg

Unfortunately, while the 14cm Scythe fans made serious air, they were noisy and difficult to undervolt. See this video to hear that.
At the end of the day, I went back to stock fans...

Last edited:
Cooling problems:
Whit all installed, I found 2 surprising problems:
1. The slim fan in the Setsugen 2 didn’t run!!! I suppose it’s because of incompatibility of the fan controller on the Scythe fan with the Crystalfontz.
2. The memory overheated under load. My bad, the tall heatsinks were a requirement for such a crowded RAM.
Possible solutions:
1. New 12cm slim fan from Scythe, but with no controller
2. Aftermarket RAM heatspreaders

Next upgrades (all coming from Koolertek.com):
A. 1x Scythe Kaze-Jyuni Slim 120mm Fan, 2000 RPM (SY1212SL12H)
B. 2x Enzotech DDR-C1 Forged Copper RAM Heatspreader
C. 1x Noiseblocker NB-BlackSilentPro PK-3 140mm Fan: for the front intake
D. 1x Enzotech MOS-C1 Forged Copper MOSFET Heatsinks: I thought to switch the long VRM heatsink on the VGA with these.
I like this copper stuff!

Final impressions:
The built has been really exhausting… and exciting! What came out is impressive to me:
· The system is impressively snappy, more than my former overclocked i7 920 LGA1366 rig.
· The Thermalright AXP-140 is excellent and supercool, covering all the area of the motherboard with its 14cm fan; it assures ventilation for all components on the board.
· The Crystalfontz is a complete PC controller. It shines in the front of the case.
· The Scythe Setsugen 2 is better that stated on the reviews: good quality from Scythe, in a tiny space.
· The Scythe Slip Stream Kaze Maru2 140 series 1,700RPM have been a disappointment when undervolted. We’ll see with the Noiseblocker…
· Until I don’t have a working fan for the VGA, I cannot test gaming power and cooling. Same thing for the RAM heatspreaders.
I’ll keep you posted, stay tuned!

Last edited:
Once you have tweaked everything you should do some wire management :p. Other than that though it looks like an interesting setup. I simply replaced the case fans on my Q08 with Noctua's rather than using the standard Lian Li versions. The GTX 580 is not very loud at all so it was reasonable to me at least :D.

I almost forgot the PSU!:p
This Cooler Master is the one used in THIS review from SilentPCReview.com.
I like it because of

• the silent operation,
  • it's modular,
  • sleeved cables.
psu01.jpg

psu02.jpg

How can you want more from an already owned component?

Last edited:
Once you have tweaked everything you should do some wire management :p. Other than that though it looks like an interesting setup. I simply replaced the case fans on my Q08 with Noctua's rather than using the standard Lian Li versions. The GTX 580 is not very loud at all so it was reasonable to me at least :D.
Yea, I know I will need to do a good wire management!:D
About the VGA, I was shocked when realized that the fan on the Setsugen 2 was off and the temps at idle were 35C!!!:eek:
And the BIOS was already switched to HD6970!!!:eek:

Voiding warranty FTW! Or, FTL if it breaks, LOL. Did you even turn everything on at first to make sure it worked before tearing heatsinks off stuff?

BTW for anyone else considering using a heatsink like that, get RAM like this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820139398
Yeah, it basically doesn't stick out past the clips on your RAM slots.

Anyways, good work!

Nice! I saw this last night, but I didn't want to break your post flow after the CPU :p

Voiding warranty FTW! Or, FTL if it breaks, LOL. Did you even turn everything on at first to make sure it worked before tearing heatsinks off stuff?

BTW for anyone else considering using a heatsink like that, get RAM like this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820139398
Yeah, it basically doesn't stick out past the clips on your RAM slots.

Anyways, good work!
I didn't try it before. I just did it.
I know the concerns about warranty...

fantastic build walkthrough!

i also purchased the same gigabyte board expecting that they are a solid brand. unfortunately my board was defective and everytime i hooked up a dvi cable to my graphics card the system would endlessly power cycle. strange thing is even with the graphics card in place, but no dvi cable hooked up, the computer would boot. very strange and now it's RMA'd to newegg.

lucky for me in the interim asrock's came back in stock. i now have an asrock itx board and it's been working great. not as rugged or well built as the gigabyte, but nothing to complain about, especially at a $25 savings.

fantastic build walkthrough!

i also purchased the same gigabyte board expecting that they are a solid brand. unfortunately my board was defective and everytime i hooked up a dvi cable to my graphics card the system would endlessly power cycle. strange thing is even with the graphics card in place, but no dvi cable hooked up, the computer would boot. very strange and now it's RMA'd to newegg.

lucky for me in the interim asrock's came back in stock. i now have an asrock itx board and it's been working great. not as rugged or well built as the gigabyte, but nothing to complain about, especially at a $25 savings.
Thank you for the compliments.
I'm sorry you experienced problems with the Gigabyte ITX.
I'm still working on the system and hope can nail everything down soon.
Enjoy you new AsRock board!:D

Very nice modding job to get all the stuff to fit. I definitely will not be overclocking my 2500KSFF. Well it has H67 haha.

I have a very small case. I was shooting for smallest freaking case ever. I have an ISK300 Antec coming in the mail and I have no idea right now what cooler to use on the CPU. Maybe thermal take, maybe stock, maybe cut a whole in my case and use something that protrudes a bit. But you have it down pat. Way to go!

Very nice modding job to get all the stuff to fit. I definitely will not be overclocking my 2500KSFF. Well it has H67 haha.

I have a very small case. I was shooting for smallest freaking case ever. I have an ISK300 Antec coming in the mail and I have no idea right now what cooler to use on the CPU. Maybe thermal take, maybe stock, maybe cut a whole in my case and use something that protrudes a bit. But you have it down pat. Way to go!
Thank you for the compliments!:D
The "maybe cut a whole in my case and use something that protrudes a bit" is a hell of modding!:eek: Cute case the ISK300! Curios to see your results.:cool:
Anyways, if you want stay clean and neat, the stock cooler will work just fine; the TT X3 seems better.

Here you are the new goodies for cooling improvement.
newcooling01.jpg

All are coming from Koolertek.com.
I'm impressed by their prices, and how fast they shipped the merchandise.
As an example, the Enzotech DDR-C1 Forged Copper RAM Heatspreader were $6.99/each, instead of $12.99 from FrozenCPU.com/HeatsinkFactory.com!

In order:
On the left, the new Scythe 12cm slim fan for the Setsugen 2 (without voltage regulator); on the right, the stock fan (with voltage regulator) that didn't run.
scytheslim01.jpg

The Noiseblocker 14cm fan for the front intake (on the right); on the left, the LianLi stock fan. No fancy blue led here!;)
noiseblocker.jpg

Really impressed by the mounting system of the Noiseblocker
noiseblocker02.jpg

Here, the fan mounted on the frame
noiseblocker03.jpg

noiseblocker04.jpg

Now, my favorite upgrade: the forged copper RAM headspreader (by Enzotech).
enzotechram01.jpg

30 grams of solid copper per set! THICK, THICK, THICK!!!:D
enzotechram02.jpg

enzotechram03.jpg

Nice and cool
enzotechram05.jpg

Didn't use the Enzotech MOS-C1 Forged Copper MOSFET Heatsinks that would have gone to some of the VRMs on the video card since these are too tall. I'll check if they are really necessary; if it's so, I'll trim them.

To be continued with the results about cooling performance, noise, and benchmarks.;)

Last edited:
Nice setup, im trying to do something similar although not that powerful, but im intersted in the Lian Li PCQ08 and the thermalright AXP140, watching you pics (btw thanks for sharing), seems the heatsink fits fine in height with the PSU mounted, but what caught my atention is the AXP140 and the way was mounted, from the pics i seen in reviews the mounting bracket is different,

axp.18.jpg

axp.16.jpg

The bracket that i see from your pics, seems to be like the one that comes with the HR02. Im trying to avoid it as the mounting bracket cant be mounted on the board im using, so just wondering if you order the HR02 bracket or maybe the new AXP140 were revised or upgraded to the same bracket?

Also one last question, how was the included fan with the AXP140? 1500rpm seems it will move serious cfm but might be noisy? and is it PWM or just 3pin?

Last edited:
Nice setup, im trying to do something similar although not that powerful, but im intersted in the Lian Li PCQ08 and the thermalright AXP140, watching you pics (btw thanks for sharing), seems the heatsink fits fine in height with the PSU mounted, but what caught my atention is the AXP140 and the way was mounted, from the pics i seen in reviews the mounting bracket is different,

axp.18.jpg

axp.16.jpg

The bracket that i see from your pics, seems to be like the one that comes with the HR02. Im trying to avoid it as the mounting bracket cant be mounted on the board im using, so just wondering if you order the HR02 bracket or maybe the new AXP140 were revised or upgraded to the same bracket?

Also one last question, how was the included fan with the AXP140? 1500rpm seems it will move serious cfm but might be noisy? and is it PWM or just 3pin?
Abula, you surprised me!:eek:
You are right, the bracket of the AXP-140 RT is different compared to the one shown on the TR site as well!
I don't know if it's because TR changed the retention system...:confused:
I checked many sites that sell the AXP-140 RT and all of them show the same retention system that you showed in your post, even HeatsinkFactory.com were I bought mine.
This retention seemed very strong to my and easy to install; the 2 screws retaining the heatsink with the bar are solid and easy to access, compared to the "official" 4-screw version.
Are you sure that it's incompatible with your MoBo?
About the fan, it's 3-pin. It blows significant air onto all the components, and it's quite noisy at max RPM. In my system, it's connected directly to the fan controller that keeps it at 1200rpm (absolutely silent). I suppose that also the MoBo fan controller would keep lower RPMs, since these Sandy Bridge processors stay cool at stock frequencies (my 2600K is stock at 3.4GHz:eek:). I set the Crystalfontz controller in a way that it ramps RPM at max only during intense gaming session, to refresh all the MoBo area, when temps rise a little. I like to play safe, you understand.
Thank you for the interest!:D

Last edited:
@Mousemagician, thanks for answering my questions, appreciate your time,

Abula, you surprised me!:eek:
You are right, the bracket of the AXP-140 RT is different compared to the one shown on the TR site as well!
I don't know if it's because TR changed the retention system...:confused:
I checked many sites that sell the AXP-140 RT and all of them show the same retention system that you showed in your post, even HeatsinkFactory.com were I bought mine.
Yea im still confused also, i kinda think its a revision of the bracket, like they released later the HR02 with that bracket and seems much better design overall, but hard to say if all are coming with it or the old one.

Are you sure that it's incompatible with your MoBo?
Not 100% sure, but there are mobo connectors and even some cylinders that might or not interfere, you check here, Low power yet powerful build

About the fan, it's 3-pin. It blows significant air onto all the components, and it's quite noisy at max RPM. In my system, it's connected directly to the fan controller that keeps it at 1200rpm (absolutely silent).
Thanks for the confirmation, thats what i feared, i might buy another fan if i end up going with it.

Nice setup, im trying to do something similar although not that powerful, but im intersted in the Lian Li PCQ08 and the thermalright AXP140
Abula, one more thing that can be important for your setting: the PCQ08 and the AXP-140 are a very thight fit!:eek:
I mean it!
In fact, unfortunately, the CPU heatsink of AXP-140 results almost attached to the 5.25" bay cage.
You don't have enogh room to move whenever you have to open and close the case side panel that hosts the MoBo; it is so because the back of the motherboard needs to be slided toward the front of the case. It's such a pain!:(
Thus, since you doesn't seem to need poweful cooling for the 2100, I would suggest you to use another CPU heatsink, maybe the Samuel 17 where you can pick you favorite fan. I suppose that also the HR-02 would fit nicely, but without PSU of course.
Thank you.

Last edited:
Abula, one more thing that can be important for your setting: the PCQ08 and the AXP-140 are a very thight fit!:eek:
I mean it!
In fact, unfortunately, the CPU heatsink of AXP-140 results almost attached to the 5.25" bay cage.
You don't have enogh room to move whenever you have to open and close the case side panel that hosts the MoBo; it is so because the back of the motherboard needs to be slided toward the front of the case. It's such a pain!:(
Thus, since you doesn't seem to need poweful cooling for the 2100, I would suggest you to use another CPU heatsink, maybe the Samuel 17 where you can pick you favorite fan. I suppose that also the HR-02 would fit nicely, but without PSU of course.
Thank you.

Thanks for your reply, the last remark i what i want to go HR02 + PicoPSU, the problem is that the HR02 (as the new revision bracket of the APX140) might not fit the Intel mobo due to some high caps near the the cpu, but will see, i wrote Thermalright to see if the alternative mount for the AXP140 can be used for the HR02. Either way thanks you replies, take care,

Okay, after a long troubling, I finally got an acceptable compromise for the system.:p
Here, what happened during these long days:
During a Furmark test, while the 6950 flashed to 6970 was performing nicely at 65C for processor and VRMs, I got an orange screen with orizontal greenish lines... the ITX frozen! :eek::mad::eek::mad:
I had to force a shutdown pushing the power button on the case and, after that, the nightmare: continuous BSOD! Oh my... :(
I thought that the VGA failed, but of course not because of temps. C'mon, 65C! :rolleyes:
I unplugged the VGA and started with the integrated 3000 and everything was fine... Damn, it WAS the VGA! $300 tossed away???
I then disassembled the Setsugen, checked all Enzotech heatsinks, looked for signs of flames... Nothing out of the ordinary!
I decided anyway to change the long Scythe heatsink mounted onto the VRMs with the other Enzotech heatsinks (the MOC-C1), but before I trimmed them to around 9mm tall with my dremel. Added other 2 copper heatsinks on VRMs and put back the VGA on.
newcooling03.jpg

newcooling02.jpg

newcooling01.jpg

Nothing, still BSOD.:confused::confused::confused:
Checked the 6-pin power from the PSU, checked the 24-pin to the MoBo, checked the 4-pin 12 volts... Nothing.
Then, I remembered that the VGA has a BIOS switch. I switched it, and the miracle came: my pal booted up nicely! Welcome back, my friend!!!;):D:p
My diagnosis: the XFX HD6950 wasn't stable with the new BIOS... Fine, at least I have back my VGA at work.
Now, see whether there is any temp problem...
I didn't run any other Furmark, still too shocked, but played a level of COD black ops. I recorded the temps with GPU-Z and... 50C max all over! VGA processor, VRAMs, everyting never over 50C! The 12cm Scythe slim fan was at max (2,000RPM) and all the other fans as well. The system was loud, but magnificently cool.:cool::cool:
Now I'm scaling the RPM to find the minimum safe setting for idle and full load.
Thus far, at idle all fans are underpowered to 40% and temps are 44C CPU, 35C GPU. NICE!
During games I still keep everything maxed out. I'm more interested to have a stable flashed BIOS that a low noise gaming session. As matter of fact, I use headphones when gaming, while I require silence when I performe daily computing, even though intense one.

For the second time, the high tech 14cm fan replacing the LianLi front intake showed to be a disappointment...:mad:
Very loud when at max, but expected when you need serious air insde your tiny shoes box, but unacceptably ticking when undervolted...:(
HERE, THE AUDIO/VIDEO DOCUMENTING THE TICKING OF THE NOISEBLOCKER WHEN UNDERVOLTED
Doesn't it remember you the same experience with the Scythe Kaze Maru2 140?
I decided, thus, to go back to both LianLi fans... At least, those were silent!
In fact, these were silent and, surprise, the temps didn't increase at all... even at load!:D
I'm understanding that the most important fans for this system are the CPU and VGA ones; and these fans are very efficient.
Now I have a silent system with fantastic temps.;)
It was almost time!

Last edited:
Nice work. Now how quiet does it get?
Thank you for the compliments and for the question.
As you can read in the former post, now the system is very quiet at idle and loud when gaming. But WAY less noisy wen copared to any stock VGA fan!!! Way less!

Last edited:
I've got a couple of quiet 140mm fans if you're interested ^^ but yeah, the case looks good! Glad you're enjoying it!

Case looks good. Sorry to hear about your cooling issues.
Thank you for your sympathies... more than cooling issues, the problem was the flashed BIOS on the XFX 6950 2GB. Cooling has been more than satisfying, to say the truth.
I realized that the VGA was sufficiently cooled by the Setsugen 2 with the first set of Enzotech heatsinks and the long Scythe dissipator on the VRMs. Then, after installing the other Enzotechs (smaller and trimmed) it was better.
I've got a couple of quiet 140mm fans if you're interested ^^ but yeah, the case looks good! Glad you're enjoying it!
Which fans are you talking about? Just curiosity, since at this moment I'm satisfied with the 2 14cm fans that I have (the LianLi on the front case intake and the TR on the CPU cooler).

Which fans are you talking about? Just curiosity, since at this moment I'm satisfied with the 2 14cm fans that I have (the LianLi on the front case intake and the TR on the CPU cooler).

Noiseblocker PK-1 & Enermax UCTB14

Back