Intel Core i7-2600K 3.4GHz Unlocked Processor with FREE Shogun Game
Current Price: $329.99 - $20 Coupon = $309.99
Coupon: IYI25456
Expires on 4/11

MSI 890FXA-GD70 AMD 890FX Socket AM3 Motherboard
Current Price: $194.99 - $20 MIR - $35 Coupon = $139.99
Coupon: BAP25459
Expires on 4/11

DAMN on the 480. If only it wasn't the one that took up 3 slots. Still, great price.

Awesome price on the motherboard! MSI 890FX for $139 is a steal even with BD looming.

If only you were Amazon, then I could use my $50 gift card and immediately buy that awesome 480 D:

Good to know.

I am currently using a Galaxy 460 in SLI and I am not sure if I should replace them with this 480?

I run at 1920x1080.

nice deals TD! nothing i need right now, but its good to see that you guys are actually trying to put some good prices up for us. thanks!

Good to know.

I am currently using a Galaxy 460 in SLI and I am not sure if I should replace them with this 480?

I run at 1920x1080.

Unless you plan to run multiple monitors in the future I would take the single 480 over the 2 460 (768mb I assume?) any day. I have actually had both in my system before and microstutter is a bitch...

I've had some FPS issues with both a 6850 and now my 6950 in BFBC2 multiplayer (on two builds, only common things were 6000 series cards). I swapped in my stepdads GTX 480 and no longer had issues. If I didn't play BC2 very often, I probably wouldn't care, but I easily spend 75%+ of my game time on there so I couldn't keep the 6950. Too bad too cause it's a great card.

The exact problem was random fps "stutters" where I'd drop down to about 1fps for 2-4 seconds and be completely immobilized. To other people it looks like I just stopped moving. I'm literally unable to do anything in that time period and it's completely random as to when it happens which is pretty game breaking for someone that plays a bit more competitively online :(

for the price, would the 480 be a good upgrade to my 4890? from what i've seen, it should be a 50-100% increase. does that sound about right?

edit: the other options would be to get something like a 5870, or even wait for the 7000 series this year. opinions on the best options for upgrade/price?

Last edited:
Unless you plan to run multiple monitors in the future I would take the single 480 over the 2 460 (768mb I assume?) any day. I have actually had both in my system before and microstutter is a bitch...

I have the Gigabyte 1GB versions.

Can you explain the "microstutter"?

Thanks

Very very tempting on the 480 gtx because of the Accelero Xtreme cooler on it and good price. I just bought a pair of 6950's. Hmmm decision decision.

The rebate form says that rebate is valid for purchases made at channel wide only.

Is channel wide tigerdirect??

Great price on the 480 gtx w/ a kick ass cooler on it. Snagged one just for my Nvidia games. :)

I've had some FPS issues with both a 6850 and now my 6950 in BFBC2 multiplayer (on two builds, only common things were 6000 series cards). I swapped in my stepdads GTX 480 and no longer had issues. If I didn't play BC2 very often, I probably wouldn't care, but I easily spend 75%+ of my game time on there so I couldn't keep the 6950. Too bad too cause it's a great card.

(ref sig rig) The exact problem was random fps "stutters" where I'd drop down to about 1fps for 2-4 seconds and be completely immobilized. To other people it looks like I just stopped moving. I'm literally unable to do anything in that time period and it's completely random as to when it happens which is pretty game breaking for someone that plays a bit more competitively online :(

thats been happening to me too! difference is my os drive and game folder was on an ssd. im not sure what the issue is but thought it might be behind-the-scene ssd maintenance in the background happening causing this so i moved the bfbc2 game folder off ssd and onto my raid array (or any other secondary drive) and this hasnt happend yet after about 4 hours of gameplay. otherwise this happens to me pretty randomly as well (within 20+min)

i still am not positive its gone but it hasnt happened yet.

Thanks for the 20 bucks off the i72600K. No Microcenters near me, so its the best price I've seen. Amazon has it nominally cheaper, but I pay tax on Amazon, making it.... not cheaper.

Superbiiz has it at 315 with free shipping, making it the same price after shipping, but they don't come here to the [H].

Picked up the PSU, too, prepping for a charity build I'm doing.

BB

thats been happening to me too! difference is my os drive and game folder was on an ssd. im not sure what the issue is but thought it might be behind-the-scene ssd maintenance in the background happening causing this so i moved the bfbc2 game folder off ssd and onto my raid array (or any other secondary drive) and this hasnt happend yet after about 4 hours of gameplay. otherwise this happens to me pretty randomly as well (within 20+min)

i still am not positive its gone but it hasnt happened yet.

Have a 6950 too but have never seen this. Running BC2 from a mechanical drive, vistax64. Hope to get an SSD soon so I'll have to keep an eye out of this then, interesting. Probably won't have room for steam on the SSD though.

Thanks for the 20 bucks off the i72600K. No Microcenters near me, so its the best price I've seen. Amazon has it nominally cheaper, but I pay tax on Amazon, making it.... not cheaper.

Superbiiz has it at 315 with free shipping, making it the same price after shipping, but they don't come here to the [H].

Picked up the PSU, too, prepping for a charity build I'm doing.

BB

And of course, the Egg drops the i7-2600K to 299.99 with free ship, today. *sigh* Ah well, the two together were still a shade cheaper.

BB <--- who musta missed the intel price drop plans this go-round.

Anyone know when I should expect to see an invoice? I ordered this am early. It says processing in our warehouse. Will it be at the end of the day? I am a little nervous about getting a delayed shipment.

dang, some great prices there. Would've gotten the 890FXA if I wasn't wary of MSI with x6 processors, and that I already had the Crosshair IV.

Edit: Only 2 day shipping available on the MSI board? What the hell is up with that?

took the deal on the gtx 480. shipping in 7-21 days seems a bit long though. anyone know if it really takes that long to get stuff?

I think that means that they are OOS but expecting more to come in sometime in the next 3 weeks.

I just hope I got my order in before that happened.

Oh and this card is very close to stock 580 speeds when overclocked a bit more than the factory oc. Pretty nice speed for half the 580 price.

Back