Sabertooth won't boot (With four sticks of ram)

Irishllama

[H]ard|Gawd
Pulled my 8gb of G.Skill (Working) and put it into my new 2600k build.

To my surprised, I can't boot with four sticks. It'll only boot with one stick.

I've tried messing with the voltage/settings, but nothing seems to work

Have tried with then 2, and 3, are they all the same speed and timings. Have you tried underclocking them? are you overvolting them to start out, or just starting at default volts?

EDIT: Also have you checked any compatibility lists for that ram and mobo?

On my P8P67 Pro, I could get 4 x 4GB G.Skill (16GB) running stably only at DDR3-1333 speed @ 8-8-8-20 timings, despite their being rated at DDR3-1600 @ 9-9-9-24. But then again, memory kits aren't guaranteed to work at their advertised timings or speed with more than one module per channel. The system did boot into Windows at the full DDR3-1600 speed, but reset itself or locked up when I tried running CPU-intensive programs such as video encoders.

Did you try setting the memory settings to by XMP, so that the system can configure itself? I have the P67 Sabertooth with Ripjaws X 1600 8GB kit (2x4GB), and it works fine @ 1600 8-8-8-24, with the CPU OC'ed to 4.8 GHz.

Did you try setting the memory settings to by XMP, so that the system can configure itself? I have the P67 Sabertooth with Ripjaws X 1600 8GB kit (2x4GB), and it works fine @ 1600 8-8-8-24, with the CPU OC'ed to 4.8 GHz.

I used XMP, and the system still locked up or reset itself.

Got it working, kept switching it up until all four sticks now allow a boot.

Now to figure out why in BIOS i'll go up to 90c, even after re-seating numerous times.

highly suggest a Clear CMOS event after loading the updated UEFI and then entering UEFI to reset your custom settings.

information on memory setups and SSD testing over the course of 1. Reset your UEFI to Optimized Defaults, reboot, enter UEFI and then flash to the new UEFI build.
2. After flash and restart, shutdown the system before you enter Windows/Linux.
3. Remove the power cord from the powersupply, wait thirty seconds, press Power On button to clear any remaining charge, clear
clear CMOS for five seconds, reattach the power cord, power on the system, enter UEFI, set to Optimized Defaults, save and exit.4. Enter UEFI, set your system to customized settings based on your system configuration (RAID, OC, etc), save and exit.

Back