My Coolermaster HAF 932 build...

usesoap

Limp Gawd
Here are the beginnings of a new build for me. My present
case is an 800D. Damn thing is just too big!

The 932 torn apart

IMG_1670.jpg

Shartload of new sleeve from Nils over at http://en.mdpc-x.com/

IMG_1684.jpg

The only non-black piece on the case

IMG_1672.jpg

More paint

IMG_1673.jpg

IMG_1678.jpg

IMG_1680.jpg

IMG_1681.jpg

Gonna start pop-riviting it back together tomorrow. More pics to come!!!

I did the same thing on mine, does come out really nice. Wish I got around the sleeving it, I still have my set of MDPC sleeve sitting in my closet :/ I stuck a red LED sunstick back there to add a nice glowing red pulsing effect.

Computer.jpg

I made a red Corsair sticker too but didn't put it on.

How did prime the case for painting? Sand paper or anything? My paint job came out pretty messy in some places "mostly under the motherboard".

Looks good, OP. I really like how the finish is turning out on your paint job. Did you use a semi-gloss paint?

Yeah, lets get some more info on the paint used and all prep you did! The finish looks really really damn good, can't wait to see how the finished product turns out.

i think all cases, or at least most cases should come with black interiors, the HAF series included, it looks about 100% better with the internals black, cant wait to see the finished product. P.S. i like the view out of your garage.

i think all cases, or at least most cases should come with black interiors, the HAF series included, it looks about 100% better with the internals black, cant wait to see the finished product. P.S. i like the view out of your garage.

Thanks. It's a peaceful place to work.

Yeah, lets get some more info on the paint used and all prep you did! The finish looks really really damn good, can't wait to see how the finished product turns out.

I used Rustoleum Ultracover 2x

Flat black and Satin Colonial Red.

No Primer.

I did the same thing on mine, does come out really nice. Wish I got around the sleeving it, I still have my set of MDPC sleeve sitting in my closet :/ I stuck a red LED sunstick back there to add a nice glowing red pulsing effect.

I made a red Corsair sticker too but didn't put it on.

How did prime the case for painting? Sand paper or anything? My paint job came out pretty messy in some places "mostly under the motherboard".

You should sleeve your PSU. Looks like a full modular. Pretty easy if you have the
right tools. Once you get the hang of it, it goes pretty fast.

i bet its peaceful, its not to bad here no traffic or anything just woods lol but i thought you were using a gun to paint but if you do anything very carefully it can turn out great.

i bet its peaceful, its not to bad here no traffic or anything just woods lol but i thought you were using a gun to paint but if you do anything very carefully it can turn out great.

Flat and satin finishes are very forgiving. Hence the reason I used them.

IMG_1673.jpg

IMG_1678.jpg

IMG_1680.jpg

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa219/bricktop68/IMG_1681.jpg[/IMG

i saw these and thought omg that's a huge case
nice work btw

Last edited:
Just enough rivets to hold it together.....

IMG_1685.jpg

Framework together and all rivets in place.....

IMG_1686.jpg

Getting an idea of what it will look like.....

IMG_1688.jpg

Ordered the Asus Rampage III Formula. Great board and
will sure look good with my theme!!!

Capture-2.jpg

Man that finish looks great...almost factory. Thanks for the info on what you used and how many layers applied, looking forward to the finished product!

Better get a second oven then, you cant cook in it again once you bake paint or powder coat in it.

I didn't use any primer. I am going to sand the surface and use self-etching
primer. Then paint.

That is such a sharp looking case... Nicely done, the red and black paint scheme looks amazing. Of course, red and black always has.

Gonna repaint the case this weekend and hopfully start on some
sleeving.

Back