Free copy of Angry Birds for PC

Free is nice but having to play that without the touch interface would make me pretty angry too.

thanks op. walked my girlfriend through the install over the phone and it worked great. she said it was weird seeing it on such a huge screen. :D

If you can get it for a PC, it's actually much easier than playing on a small screen.

definatly not showing as free, still $5 here, with a new account...

so what are you supposed to do to get it as free? the link doesnt say anything other than look in the app store for AppUp

This game scales well to the hardware it's on. Supports touch in Windows and plays just like the iPad version on my tablets and it even supports multi-monitor, the Birds never looked angrier at 5760x1080.

1. Download AppUp
2. Install AppUp
3. Register account
4. It should say "Angry Birds Giveaway" right after you register.
5. Log in to AppUp, check My Apps. Angry Birds should be there.

Installed fine, got an ADP initialize error when trying to run AB.

Weird, the bestbuy link wasn't showing or doing anything but I posted the link into IE and it loaded fine. At any rate, I registered and installed... but apparently Canadians aren't eligible, even though I chose United States when registering.

So no luck here.

WTF!?!

There is no Vista support for AppUp. It supports WinXP and Win7 but no Vista? Who the hell designs software like that?

I'm not seeing the angry birds giveaway link, am I looking in the wrong place?

Awesome sauce. This is gonna be great on my Asus slate (12.1" multitouch screen) :D

I'm not seeing the angry birds giveaway link, am I looking in the wrong place?

You can lead a horse to water....

Read the fine print, it says, install intel app up, register and you'll have it under your apps tab.

No eyefinity support, game just causes my 3 screens to flicker repeatedly

Edit: Control+Enter to bring it out of full screen mode solves the problem

Installed fine, got an ADP initialize error when trying to run AB.

If the AppUp application is not running when you try to launch the game, it does this.
You have to have the app running and then launch it either within the app or through the Rovio/Angry Birds shortcut in the start menu.

I wish there was a way to minimize the app to the toolbar or run the game without the app running, but short of finding it along the swashbucklin' seas :D, that's the only way. Free is free, guess I can't complain too much. Looks great windowed @ 1024x600, much better than on my little Aria. ;)

AppUp wont install for me. After i download, then install, click yes and then nothing

Back