Here is the 590, in all its GB leaked glory

fl0w3n

Limp Gawd
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=9703614350
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=9585904293

94473823.png

t2b2tgxbhbxxxxxxxx88695.jpg

I'll stick with my two 580's :p

Why did nvidia even bother, such a waste of cherry picked gf110 chips. Everyone would be a lot better of if nvidia instead made a GTX 580 Ultra.

Why did nvidia even bother, such a waste of cherry picked gf110 chips. Everyone would be a lot better of if nvidia instead made a GTX 580 Ultra.

I agree, I'm hoping my 580's were made before the "chip hog" happened for the 590 supply.
They are recent RMA's so it's a close call...won't know till they arrive.

why would the secondary setting clock it so high? that's quite a bit higher than the stock gtx580 and two of those would already beat the 6990.

EDIT: I think it is just saying it will allow you to oc it to 840 using Afterburner

why would the secondary setting clock it so high? that's quite a bit higher than the stock gtx580 and two of those would already beat the 6990.

EDIT: I think it is just saying it will allow you to oc it to 840 using Afterburner

Ya that could be. Stupid engrish.

Edit: Now that I think on it it could also be that Afterburner (an MSI program) is what's used to flip the switch as it were. This is the sentence that throws me off "...support performance improvement over 38% of the voltage function." They way that reads is comes off as a function of the video card as opposed to Regular Joe overclocking. Guess we'll find out tomorrow.

607/1215/1707? Kind of low.

Like the others said, I guess that is just reference and can go higher?

Here is ASUS version:
50227633.png

attachment.php

It has a secondary setting that kicks it up to 840MHZ. The 607 is just to keep it in PCI spec.

http://translate.google.com/transla...read-176008-1-1.html&rurl=translate.google.ca

These are definitely cherry picked GPUs. I wonder how much headroom they have left for OCing past 840?

Yeah I think it has a "performance" mode but I don't think it auto clocks to 840? That is just kinda unrealistic to imagine the binning to get every single one to do that factory guaranteed

Yeah I think it has a "performance" mode but I don't think it auto clocks to 840? That is just kinda unrealistic to imagine the binning to get every single one to do that factory guaranteed

Depends I suppose on if they're cherry picking or not. Hell my 480GTX does 840 on the core. Can't barely touch the memory though for whatever reason (I can get it from 1850 to 1900 and that's about it).

Depends I suppose on if they're cherry picking or not. Hell my 480GTX does 840 on the core. Can't barely touch the memory though for whatever reason (I can get it from 1850 to 1900 and that's about it).

To keep this card within power limits and to get the clocks they want, they have to be cherry picking chips that are happy on low volts.

You bring up a good point though, wondering what the memory goes to

840 core? There is no way any stock dual slot cooler would be able to dissipate close to 500W :eek:

Maximum cherry picking FTW

Cool, a giant toolbox to package that mouse that comes with a free graphics card!

Only 1.5GB of memory per chip...durrr
This thing is already more expensive than the 6990 why not add the extra ram, it is certainly capable of using it.

Only 1.5GB of memory per chip...durrr
This thing is already more expensive than the 6990 why not add the extra ram, it is certainly capable of using it.
because for 99% of cases 1.5gb usbale ram will be enough. plus an additional 3gb of vram would add to the cost and power consumption which would make no sense for that 1%.

If it can sit at 800 core and not sound any louder than the GTX 480 and is no more than about £625-650, then i'm in for one.

Edit: Now that I think on it it could also be that Afterburner (an MSI program) is what's used to flip the switch as it were. This is the sentence that throws me off "...support performance improvement over 38% of the voltage function." They way that reads is comes off as a function of the video card as opposed to Regular Joe overclocking.

It supports overvolting by up to 38%...? I don't think the card will do anything but melt at over 800MHz. Not sure why 840MHz would be explicitly listed, it doesn't make sense to have a maximum limit for overclocking. If they actually managed to find chips that run at that speed with stock cooling then hats off to them.

It supports overvolting by up to 38%...? I don't think the card will do anything but melt at over 800MHz. Not sure why 840MHz would be explicitly listed, it doesn't make sense to have a maximum limit for overclocking. If they actually managed to find chips that run at that speed with stock cooling then hats off to them.

Might be it's still under warranty at 840 and anything over voids it. Who knows, that engrish sucked, we'll find out later today I suppose.

Wow. We knew it would be expensive, but that's a hell of a lot of money. Pretty much the cost of two 580s?

Not at all. Look at the 460GTX at launch. stock clocks of 675 but they all do 800+mhz if not 900 out of the box, and that was without binning I would imagine.
They've had a long time to get processes matured

$799 (Rumoured and pre-order price) is pretty high. I hope it is $50-$100 cheaper.

The reason 460s stock speed were so low is because of the power envelope AND because it would kill 470.

Funny thing is that Fermi's better scaling then Bart/Cayman, will now be hurting it with low clock of 612. The better you scale, the more you lose scaling back, right?

Which ever high performance profile 580 ends up with, I just hope Nvidia doesn't chicken out and offers full warranty.

Last edited:
because for 99% of cases 1.5gb usbale ram will be enough. plus an additional 3gb of vram would add to the cost and power consumption which would make no sense for that 1%.

Um this this is built for the top 1%. For the price no one is going to be putting this thing in a Dell.

wow 840mhz on the GPU?

I would LOVE to see temps and power usage of this beast lol

This card maybe is good for those who just want to do a SLI, without using two PCI-E slots. The benchmarks should compare two GTX580 in SLI with the GTX590, in all aspects: power consumption and app/games performance.

I was unimpressed the minute I looked and saw all the tests were at 1920x1200 LOL. Whoever buys this card for 1920x1200 is wasting their money LMAO. I knew this card would be paraded around as the fastest card for single screen gaming. Honestly it's overkill for anything other than 2560x1600 with high IQ settings and above.

If there only making 1000 then its not even worth the hastle of trying to get one IMO...

The card is only 11.3% faster than the GTX 580 at times, and NVIDIA thinks this is in the top 7 impressive benchmarks to showcase, ouch. And also lol @ 1920x1200. It's not looking good on the performance side of things.

Yeah, but the little tackle box is way cool......:rolleyes:

We need to see what this thing can do overclocked and compared to two 580s in SLi AND at a resolution you'd use it for.

This looks like a fail, especially compared to the 6990.:D Or even two 580s.

I'm waiting for the 3GB memory 580 models.:D

It looks like this card was only made so they could keep their 'fastest single card' crown.

I was unimpressed the minute I looked and saw all the tests were at 1920x1200 LOL. Whoever buys this card for 1920x1200 is wasting their money LMAO. I knew this card would be paraded around as the fastest card for single screen gaming. Honestly it's overkill for anything other than 2560x1600 with high IQ settings and above.

I'm tempted to buy this card for 1920x1200... I don't see it as a waste at all considering it would have to last me at least 2 years. Would be nice for games such as Metro 2033 and the new Metro game being released maxed out and Battlefield 3 later this year.
I agree with the fact that the majority of people interested in these card would be large res/multi-monitor gamers and it's aimed at that market so a review should be based on these resolutions.

I'm tempted to buy this card for 1920x1200... I don't see it as a waste at all considering it would have to last me at least 2 years. Would be nice for games such as Metro 2033 and the new Metro game being released maxed out and Battlefield 3 later this year.
I agree with the fact that the majority of people interested in these card would be large res/multi-monitor gamers and it's aimed at that market so a review should be based on these resolutions.

I had the chance to play with 6950 2GB CF on a 2560x1600 30" LCD no less and I ended up selling my 2nd 6950. Why? For the games I play a single card was more than enough. It was cool to get more FPS in Crysis and Metro ... but... how often do you play that? I mean, they're single player games. With no replay factor. So why waste money?

Rossi... i'm with you friend... i, too, am considering this for that resolution since i don't plan to swap my monitor and want something that can take some beating ... :p

Back