AMD Presets? Im so confused

tangoseal

[H]F Junkie
Okay call me dumb, its okay if you do in this case.

I am looking at AMD Presets and trying to figure out how the heck to use this.

Example of what I want to do.

Save my eyefinity group, right now 2 LCDs to learn how to use this thing.
Save my regular windows 2 LCD extended desktop.

I want to switch between the two on the fly and maintain my desktop icons and positions etc..

How is this done? Can it be done? If not what the heck is the presets button even there for?

You should be able to setup your monitors the way you want it in extended mode, then click add a preset to save that setup.
Now set up the eyefinity group and add a new preset for that.

I usually add hotkeys for my presets too which can be done when you make one or under preferences>hotkeys in the top right of CCC. So for examples ctrl+shift+alt+1 for me would be the eyefinity group and then ctrl+shift+alt+2 would be the extended desktop.

I thought I did this but the hotkeys just did nothing. Is there a special selection I have to click on in the presets menu? I am also using the latest drivers off of the AMD site.

I want to be able to get this figured out so I can switch between eyefinity, extended desktop, and one LCD in portrait for websurfing. Since the Asus IPS doesnt auto rotate I need to make a hotkey that can switch between the wide and port resolutions.

What version of CCC are you using? Never worked in 11.1 for me, but works in 11.2

In 11.2 top right should have preference that you can click on for a dropdown list. Click on hotkeys. It brings up a manager, make sure hotkeys are enabled (thought they were by default). Then it should have a list of your presets, make sure they are marked for active and have a hotkey assigned to them.

11.2 and its a no go.

I like the winkey + P trick to switch though that works. And I also use Hydra to remember where all my icons and windows go.

I was playing around with presets earlier using 11.2 drivers because I wanted to set up a preset for Xfire enabled and another for disabled. It did not work at all. It did function correctly when I created a few other presets for Vsync OFF/ON, FSAA 4X Default, etc. so it is not user error. Looks like it only works with certain functions and not everything.

yes the new presets are pretty confusing but I have mastered them!

what you have to do is keep the tab for your eyefinity setup open when you create a preset. this allows the preset to know that you want create one for desktops and displays.

I just tested what you said to do with XFire presets for OFF and ON and it still didn't work for me. I just realized why now. To switch XFire mode you actually have to click apply to make it change, the game mode settings you don't so this preset thingy does not work with anything where you have to click "apply" to make a change happen.

Back