New Asus P8P67 Pro box and sticker say Rev 3, but board says 1.01

Stupac

[H]ard|Gawd
I recently bought the Asus P8P67 Pro from Amazon this week when it was in stock. The box is the new labeling with REV 3 on it. There's a sticker on the board that says REV 3 on the board.

But the PCB’s revision says 1.01 on it.

Did Asus just put the old board in a new box with a sticker on it and sell it as Rev 3 ?

The recent HardOcp review shows the Deluxe as having PCB 1.03 on it.
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2011/03/03/asus_p8p67_deluxe_motherboard_review/

Any other people with REV 3 Pro's that say 1.03 or 1.01 on their PCB.

Last edited:
They probably reused the same board and just fixed what needed to be fixed. Mobo makers usually do that instead of throwing away mobos that are already produced every time there is a revision. They just put a sticker over the revision number with the new revision.

I was hoping for a new 1.03 board. Not a remanufactured board.

Any other Pro users who got a 1.03, or all the ones currently 1.01 that were remanufactured?

The PCB between the originals and the B3 are exactly the same. I don't see what the problem is. The only difference is in the actual chipset that is soldered onto the PCB. More than likely they had excess PCBs when Intel told them to halt manufacturing and when Intel sent out the new chipsets they simply used them with the PCBs they had left. This does NOT mean that they are "remanufactured"

This does NOT mean that they are "remanufactured"

unless they removed the defective part and then soldered on the new part. That would be remanufactured in that case.

Another consideration I had is for resale value, you sell the board, the new guy gets it and he says it's not a REV 3 board because of the 1.01

The Asus website says that the way to tell a B3 board is by the box art and the sticker on the PCIe slots - nothing at all about a PCB revision. I'd say that means that there isn't necessarily a new rev for the B3 boards - maybe some are 1.01 and some are 1.03, or maybe only the Deluxe got the 1.03 PCB.

Where is the rev annotated on the board? I'll check my B3 PRO when I get home.

Edit: Isn't the serial number format also different? So for resale at least, that would be proof of a B3 board.

Rev # is right next to the sticker in picture. between the pci-e slots

I just received the Asus P8P67 Pro from Asus. PCB shows rev. 1.01 and sticker on the PCI slot shows Rev. 3.0.

Last edited:
No more tin foil hats, please. ALL the new boards are B3 stepping of PCH, but same REVISION. They simply used PCB's that were already taped out. If you want an actual new revision PCB, you'll have to wait (like what gigabyte is doing to the P67X-UD4-B3, which was shown off at recent event (and according to some chinese page, the P67X-UD5-B3 and P67X-UD7-B3 may be next. And no, the X is not a typo.
(P67X UD4 is supposed to have two more SATA 3 slots and 16+2 VRM).

No more tin foil hats, please. ALL the new boards are B3 stepping of PCH, but same REVISION.

We already know thats not true since the Deluxe was 1.03. ALL is not the best word in this case, or most cases for that matter.

Anyone check their cpu-z yet on a new pro?

We already know thats not true since the Deluxe was 1.03. ALL is not the best word in this case, or most cases for that matter.

Anyone check their cpu-z yet on a new pro?

What were the non-B3 Deluxes? Maybe they have always been 1.03.

CPU-Z says Rev B3 on mine.

Thank you :)
Deluxe is probably 1.03 because it's a different "version" of the PCB, since each P8P board has a different configuration.

So yeah, remove them tinfoil hats....

I'll see what Rev CPU-Z says tomorrow when my 2500K and Ram come in. We both ordered from Amazon so should see the same results. I'm going to assume that CPU-Z will say Rev B, but will post back when I put the rig together :).

I'm still waiting on the memory. After the replies I'm not worried anymore. Should probably say B3

Back