Toshiba Launches New (non-faulty) Sandy Bridge Gaming Laptop Yesterday

Zorlofe

Weaksauce
With the recall of all the faulty MB's from the new Sandy Bridge CPU it's been hard to find a gaming laptop that is actually available to order now. I confirmed today that Toshiba's new Qosmio X500-Q930X is touting the newer MB's that aren't bugged. This laptop was released yesterday and the only place I can find that is selling it is Toshiba Direct. I pulled the trigger and ordered one slated to arrive on my door step in two weeks according to the order. I thought some of you might be interested if you have been in the same boat I have been in and looking for similar specs & price.

You can find the specs at their website here: http://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/pdet.to?poid=515364# or read the short list below:

Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM Processor
Genuine Windows® 7 Professional 64-bit
8GB DDR3 memory
1TB (2x500GB) hard drive (7200rpm)
1.5GB GDDR5 NVIDIA® GeForce® 460M
Blu-ray Disc™ and DVD SuperMulti with Labelflash®
LED backlit keyboard
1920x1080 native resolution (1080p)
Bluetooth®
802.11n wireless
10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet
HDMI output
Integrated webcam

A shame its not 1900x1200 res but it seems all the manufacturers are dead set on making them 1080 now.

You can still get a 1920x1200 screen in a laptop. Unfortunately you'll have to spring for a pro grade laptop to do so.

Yeah and this thing is expensive as it is anyway at least for someone like me. The only reason I can spring for this is because of our tax return and it will most likely be the last laptop I buy for another five years.

that looks wicked bro!! Looking forward to seeing it at teh next lan!

Back