Case Labs mATX Magnum

nagle3092

n00b
Ok Im pretty much just making a thread here to help get some interest in a computer case from Case Labs. I usually hang out over in Overclock.net so this thread is pretty much just here to help get interest in the other thread over on OCN. If anyone is interested in the hopefully soon to be mATX case or any of the other cases stop on over.

Heres a link to the thread for the mATX Case Labs case.

http://www.overclock.net/case-labs/958444-matx-magnum.html

Heres a couple shots of the M8/M10, the mATX case would be similar in design, just smaller.

cl_proto3_16.jpg

cl_proto3_41.jpg

cl_proto3_26.jpg

cl_proto3_28.jpg

Here is the original thread for the Case Labs M8/M10 if anyone is interested.
http://www.overclock.net/case-labs/939034-magnum-m8-m10-now-shipping.html

Last edited:
Very nice. I like that there are so many panels, makes customisation easy.
Not sure about those small (40mm?) fans on the rear view... what's going on there?

I think they offer other panels as well. I know they have one that is mesh instead of the 40mm fan holes. Lots of options - they seem to keep adding more...

They also have expansion enclosures that can go under or top of the original case. I have yet to see any other case that has as many features as these cases do. Granted these cases are pricey but the amount of features that they have you would think they would cost even more.

Links are fixed as well.

Heres a list of features
MAGNUM M8/M10 Standard Features:
All aluminum construction - .090" (2.3mm) chassis .063"(1.6mm) doors/covers.
Choice of ventilated or solid doors and covers (on a panel by panel basis). Right and left side windows are available in a variety of colors in two sizes: Standard ($15.00) and XL ($20.00).
Slide out MB tray.
Choice of one HDD cage assembly (4 drive capacity): either standard or flex-bay mount. Note that the flex-bay mount deletes one of the 3U filler panels.
Four single bay filler plates and two triple plates.
Four sets of mounting brackets for 5.25” devices.
I/O panel with firewire, four USB 2.0 ports, HD audio and microphone connection.
Lamptron anti-vandal style switches and wiring harnesses: blue ring for power and red dot for HDD activity. They are standard switches that can be easily swapped out for custom color combinations.
Filler plates for top and bottom fan openings, 40mm fan openings on MB tray, card slots, and one PSU.
Four rubber feet with screws (casters are available).
Misc. hardware: Thumbscrews, MB standoffs, Tie-wraps, etc.

Case Dimensions (same for both): 15"W x 19.06"H x 20.06"D (381mm x 484mm x 510mm) Rubber feet add .75" (19mm) to height, optional casters add 2.63" (67mm).

The M8 supports ATX boards up 10.75" wide
The M10 supports XL-ATX boards (but not HPTX like the SR-2)

Supports Video Cards up to 17" (432mm) using Fan Mounts

Weight: 21 lbs.

Last edited:
Nice cases.

Reminds me of mountain mods and another case, I can't recall the name. Starts with D or something, but a lot nicer.

I'd love to see inverted mATX. That would be nice, or have it set up to be matx/inverted matx if you will.

Interesting!

Nice cases.

Reminds me of mountain mods and another case, I can't recall the name. Starts with D or something, but a lot nicer.

I'd love to see inverted mATX. That would be nice, or have it set up to be matx/inverted matx if you will.

Interesting!

Yeah these cases just scream quality, if your interested in an mATX version click on the first link in the first post. Its not set in stone, though they are looking to see how much interest is out there so every little bit helps.

Never seen the m8/m10 before whoa. Mad props to Case Labs for what looks to be a great job. It's a refresh on the oft-imitated Yeong Yang cubes and a great competitor to Mountain Mod's cases. Heck, I actually like these case w/ all the thoughtful extras more than MM. Based on what I can see/read in the OCN thread, awesome flexibility, build quality looks good in the pics (hopefully holds up under hands on inspections), and pricing which is very reasonable for an all-aluminum case from a small outfit.

Criticisms and wish-list:
  • dust filters. People with pets (even if they're kept quite clean), or people who leave their windows open (like us) often need these or else it's a deal breaker. Even if a case doesn't come stock with dust filters, there should be a method to easily add and clean them w/o slapping something ugly onto the outside of the case.
  • usb 3.0. Anyone in the market for a new case usually thinks about what hardware they're gonna slap in there for the next few years. And when we're talking about $200+ cases, this isn't something that can be allowed to slide as easily as on something in the ~$100 range.
  • If the mATX cage makes it to production, ditch the 40mm fans near the expansion slots and give users a large ventilated area. 40mm is mostly pointless outside of rackmount and just complicate case wiring which is fine on the larger m8/m10, but would be silly on a mATX case.
  • pricing. It'll probably be more important on mATX case than any other Case Labs design simply because most people thinking mATX want small cases. Given that Case Labs' plan is to simply shrink the height of the m8, I'd probably be comparing what ya'll offer to the Silverstone ft03. Gonna be tough to beat their price/features although maybe you can top the Mountain Mods stuff.

I love the design, but the size there talking about is still asinine (20d x 15h x 15w).. Depth should be enough to cover the biggest of video cards (so what 12 or 13inches max for a high end modern card). So make the case 15" deep to have room for fans & maybe a radiator. & if its a matx case Since the PSU is not above or below the motherboard the heigth should not be 15". mATX FF says what 9.6" So make it 11" And width wise 15" is probably also overkill.

To sum up those dimensions I could take my a04 & another a04 & put them side by side & they would be about 18d x 15h x 15w. I understand that this is supposed to be an enthusiast case, But thats ridiculously huge.

Definitely an awesome case, really something to impress people on first sight. I love the clean design.

This is NOT a mATX case. CaseLabs has specifically stated that the M8/M10 are indeed ATX cases.

The TH/TX series can take Extended ATX boards such as SR2's. If you want to look for a watercooling case, these are by far some of the better cases out there features-wise. The M8 has room for 4 360mm rads. IT can accomodate 24 hdd's, plus optical bays, pumps, reservoirs, 2 power supplies, and whatever else you can dream of.

Never seen the m8/m10 before whoa. Mad props to Case Labs for what looks to be a great job. It's a refresh on the oft-imitated Yeong Yang cubes and a great competitor to Mountain Mod's cases. Heck, I actually like these case w/ all the thoughtful extras more than MM. Based on what I can see/read in the OCN thread, awesome flexibility, build quality looks good in the pics (hopefully holds up under hands on inspections), and pricing which is very reasonable for an all-aluminum case from a small outfit.

Criticisms and wish-list:
  • dust filters. People with pets (even if they're kept quite clean), or people who leave their windows open (like us) often need these or else it's a deal breaker. Even if a case doesn't come stock with dust filters, there should be a method to easily add and clean them w/o slapping something ugly onto the outside of the case.
  • usb 3.0. Anyone in the market for a new case usually thinks about what hardware they're gonna slap in there for the next few years. And when we're talking about $200+ cases, this isn't something that can be allowed to slide as easily as on something in the ~$100 range.
  • If the mATX cage makes it to production, ditch the 40mm fans near the expansion slots and give users a large ventilated area. 40mm is mostly pointless outside of rackmount and just complicate case wiring which is fine on the larger m8/m10, but would be silly on a mATX case.
  • pricing. It'll probably be more important on mATX case than any other Case Labs design simply because most people thinking mATX want small cases. Given that Case Labs' plan is to simply shrink the height of the m8, I'd probably be comparing what ya'll offer to the Silverstone ft03. Gonna be tough to beat their price/features although maybe you can top the Mountain Mods stuff.

Dust filters can be added afterward.
USB 3.0 is pointless. Most motherboards have USB 3.0 on the rear and few, if any have onboard USB 3.0 headers. The only thing that currently benefits from USB 3.0 are HDD's. Other than that, no other peripheral even needs USB 3.0.
The plan for a mATX case from Caselabs is still in the works and probably will not be built on the Magnum platform (far too large for a true mATX case.

Last edited:
Back