Japanese Keyboard on English Win7

Washuu

Limp Gawd
I have been studying Japanese for a couple years now and have Japanese keyboard on my laptop, but I finally decided I'd get one for my desktop to force me to learn the layout better.

So.. I got one, a MSI StarType ES300MU to be exact. Has halfwidth, kanji>kana, kana>kanji, and kata/hira/romaji keys. For the life of me, I cannot get Japanese to actually work on, specfically those keys.

I don't know if there is something with this keyboard, but I feel like I have tried everything on google. Such as manually change the registry input to 106/109 key Japanese, replacing the driver forcefully to Japanese(Which gives me Code 10, unable to start device). Changing my display and keyboard to purely Japanese does not help either.

Only OS I could find with native Japanese install was Ubuntu and it would not detect the extra keys either. (After making sure layout was 106/109 JPN too.)

Any suggestions? Or even a better place to ask for help? (I tried reddit.com/LearnJapanese and no one would touch the thread.)

Back