Is Biostar's P67 B3 out before others?

kiLLeen

n00b
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138298&Tpk=P67

I read about how Asus already has shipped their boards to resellers from VR-Zone. Now, it seems that newegg has one Cougar Point board up for sale. I have a feeling that newegg would not put this board up for sale if it was defective in any way. Although, the offer doesn't state whether or not the board is the B3 revision. Has anyone seen this board up on newegg in the last couple weeks? If this is B3, it looks like Biostar gets the first set of sales!

Edit: I also found an MSI one with no image, I don't know how I missed it! http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130573&cm_re=P67-_-13-130-573-_-Product , this one states it is the B3 revision!

You would think someone would remove the intel ports and add a couple with another controller and rake in some sales while we wait for B3.

That could be what these are. I dont see how they can possibly have b3 ready for consumers yet but i could be wrong.

EDIT: just saw the MSI maybe it is the real deal! Im still waiting for Asus to roll out the p67 replacements but i would assume newegg would let people return different boards for these.

MSI has pics of them on their site , might go for a gd65 if it appears.

You would think someone would remove the intel ports and add a couple with another controller and rake in some sales while we wait for B3.
I think that would have been a really good business move. Although, just having that faulty chip on the board would bug me.

That could be what these are. I dont see how they can possibly have b3 ready for consumers yet but i could be wrong.
They definitely rushed it, I mean come on - a little over a month? Hopefully they are solid though, I want to get one of these pups.

They definitely rushed it, I mean come on - a little over a month? Hopefully they are solid though, I want to get one of these pups.

It was a pretty minor change, and it was really affecting their bottom line to not have any 1155 motherboards for sale, so it seems doable to do it in a month.

I know I wouldn't have bought an 1156 or 1366 if I knew sandy bridge had already been released.

If I had to guess I'd say by Thursday 3/3 they'll all be relisted. I've got it set up to notify me when they are in stock and the instant that happens I'm ordering one (MSI).

It is great to see them coming back into stock. I am just starting to put together a rebuild and looking at the ASRock Extreme4 and MSI GD65.

Are these biostar boards any good or should I just wait for something from asus or gigabyte?

Damit! I working a 12 hour shift at the hospital! lol. I guess I gotta wait some more.

Are these biostar boards any good or should I just wait for something from asus or gigabyte?

Cant speak for this board or any recent ones but the last Biostar board i used was a 939 board and it was a royal piece of shit with a bad memory slot that died after a year and couldn't overclock worth a damn.

They could be better now, just keep that in mind.

Recently Biostar has been very good. Atleast in the AMD AM2/3 world. The one thing to notice on these biostars is that they only run 16/4 on crossfire not 8/8 like the MSI board does.

the overclock forums love the biostar boards; and they are relatively cheap. Only catch is they are very limited in features.

Actually the board on newegg site is the TP67B+ not the slightly more expensive TP67LXE. Very little information on the B+; the LXE is the one most folks rave about.

Last edited:
I want to get a biostar board, but it looks like this is a 4+1 phase board... I don't know how much pressure it could take.

the overclock forums love the biostar boards; and they are relatively cheap. Only catch is they are very limited in features. Only 4 sata ports and such. I *think* they support crossfire.

Don't forget the crappy PCIe lanes when running duals.

The $105 Biostar H67 board is sort of tempting, pair it with a 2600, and you should be able to over clock to I think a bit over 4ghz for $400. Plus you get some features that aren't on the K versions. May be a sensible platform if the board is stable?

I'm starting to think the unlocked multiplier is a bit of a gimmick anhow.

The $105 Biostar H67 board is sort of tempting, pair it with a 2600, and you should be able to over clock to I think a bit over 4ghz for $400. Plus you get some features that aren't on the K versions. May be a sensible platform if the board is stable?

I'm starting to think the unlocked multiplier is a bit of a gimmick anhow.

There simply is no overclocking H67 or a non K processor.

I've had both a 775 and a 1156 biostar board. Both were rock solid tanks. The 1156 board runs 24/7 in my HTPC and even somehow manages to keep my wife from bitching about it.

Biostar = magic.

Thanks, I pulled the trigger since I didn't want to wait any longer. I don't plan on doing any overclocking, just want to replace this old c2d.

Do these have EFI bios or standard? Not that I care too much but just curious about it one way or another.

It's surprising Intel has waited this long to lock it down like that.

?

H67 has never had CPU overclocking. Thats for P67 only.

H67 can overclock the on-die GPU. thats it.

and maybe a small bump in BLTCK if u can stay stable.

You can over clock a nonK like the 2600 +4 on a P67. Its a pretty respectable OC.

I think alot of the issues folks are having is from overclocking and adding voltage, I think much beyond the +4 and well its not worth the risk at this point. Still think the K is more of a marketing gimmick.

?

H67 has never had CPU overclocking. Thats for P67 only.

H67 can overclock the on-die GPU. thats it.

and maybe a small bump in BLTCK if u can stay stable.

I was referring to Intel chipsets/CPUs in general, not Cougar Point specifically.

You can over clock a nonK like the 2600 +4 on a P67. Its a pretty respectable OC.

I think alot of the issues folks are having is from overclocking and adding voltage, I think much beyond the +4 and well its not worth the risk at this point. Still think the K is more of a marketing gimmick.

Mind providing a link to someone having done this successfully?

EDIT: Someone respectable like a legit review site.

I did several builds with BioStar boards several years ago & they all sucked with a very high failure rate.. However I have now done a couple recently & I Must say I am impressed. Definitely not the same feature set as Asus, but every bit as stable.

I was referring to Intel chipsets/CPUs in general, not Cougar Point specifically.

my comment was in reponse to someone who was trying to overclock a H67 board.

There is no cpu OC on H series except for turbo boost.

You have got that 100% backwards.

Adding a different controller is a major design and testing undertaking. By the time you have it ready, Intel have working B3 chipsets out to your competitors.

On the other hand, waiting for the B3 just means taking the chips from Intel that they inform you know longer have the wrong voltage bias on a transistor, and incorporating the chips into your existing and tested design.

Just got my tracking number form newegg

MSI GD55 B3

Order was placed at 12:30pm EST should have it friday.

I cant wait putting this together with a 6950 2GB

Newegg sent me a notify email but by the time I got there it was back to "out of stock" , did they raise the price of the MSI GD55 over night ? I could swear it was $154 or $159 now it's $164.

Newegg sent me a notify email but by the time I got there it was back to "out of stock" , did they raise the price of the MSI GD55 over night ? I could swear it was $154 or $159 now it's $164.

Mine was 164 free shipping.

Not sure if the other prices had free shipping.

I had out of stock a few times going to the site and then one time it said add to cart.

I added it placed the order and it was good to go.

They are selling ridiculously fast. I have auto-notify but every time I click to buy it's sold out. I wanted to go with the biostar due to the lack of the msi but can't justify it due to the lack of any sort of review and the high regards from every review I've checked for the GD55.

They are selling ridiculously fast. I have auto-notify but every time I click to buy it's sold out. I wanted to go with the biostar due to the lack of the msi but can't justify it due to the lack of any sort of review and the high regards from every review I've checked for the GD55.

I am going to guess that some ones order didnt work.
Thats what triggered the add to cart for me

I would also skip the biostar, not a fan. a day or 2 more and youll see more boards.

I almost wanted to hold out for a UD7 but this will work fine for me for now

Back